Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » he can do it... why cant i?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: he can do it... why cant i?
*hopelesslydevoted*
Neophyte
Member # 15619

Icon 9 posted      Profile for *hopelesslydevoted*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey guys..

K i have a quick question. I started dating my boyfriend when i was 14. I had never masturbated before when we met and when we became sexual with each other i could orgasm easily. it is now 3 years later and we are still together and he can still make me orgasm, but we are in a long distance relationship and I am exploring well.. me more. Only problem is.. I can't make myself orgasm. He seems to have mastered it but no matter how i try its not working for me.. I keep comparing him to myself doin it. Do you think i am not able to because he did it first? Or because he has been doing it for so long? Any suggestions would be great Thans!

Posts: 16 | From: On, Can | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odd_hobbit
Activist
Member # 14516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for odd_hobbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be just psychological. When you touch yourself you know where your hand is going and what it is going to do, etc. but when your boyfriend does it it is a bit more of a surprise. Try tickling yourself. It isnt very easy. Some people just cant orgasm by masturbating, but thats okay.

------------------
-Rhianne
Space Cadet Glow

Posts: 40 | From: Purgatory | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Zor-El
Activist
Member # 14499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Zor-El     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes people get dependent on specific techniques or activities in order to reach climax. It would make sense that after three years with your boyfriend that this could be the case. You should continue to explore and learn about your own body, but you could also ask your boyfriend to talk you through it. That would also serve to keep your long distance relationship sexy and fresh.

Good luck, sweetie,
Kara

Posts: 123 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's also worth bearing in mind that trying too hard to reach orgasm can actually make it much less likely that you actually will - the harder you try, the less able you are to relax and let it happen.

So it can be a good idea to just concentrate on enjoying yourself and finding out what feels good, and let the orgasms take care of themselves .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*hopelesslydevoted*
Neophyte
Member # 15619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *hopelesslydevoted*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the advice everyone. I dunno i tried again last night and i tried not to think about it as much and just let whatever happened happen, but i think its majorly psychological. I keep thinking omg this is me doing it, and thinking he can do things better. I dunno I'll keep trying and stuff but thanks to everyone for your advice
Posts: 16 | From: On, Can | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duelist
Neophyte
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duelist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you considered using a vibrator or water? The kind of stimulation one gets from either of those things is different from the kind one gets by using her fingers. And while a vibrator or the water is controlled by you in that you can stop whenever you want or adjust where it's concentrated, the actual stimulation is pretty much completely independent of you -- much like how it is when your boyfriend gives you an orgasm.

- Duelist

P.S. After reading all those scary posts about ebolisms, I feel I should remind you to never force water or air into your vagina as a means of masturbation; it's potentially dangerous. =0

Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexedrox
Neophyte
Member # 16062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexedrox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another problem might be that ur brain is saying "no this is wrong" or something along those lines and then ur lower body can't reach an orgasm.. they have to work together!
Also try using toys and wat the other people recomended!
Good luck!

Posts: 39 | From: Toronto, Ont, Canada | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.