Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Skin problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skin problem
Member # 13854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradijs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was clinically depressed a month or so back so I used to cry hysterically almost everyday for two years. However, for the past few months my face started burning near my eyes and under my nose. I know it is caused by all of the crying, and the areas felt very dry (usually my skin is oily so I don't use moisturizer much) so I put moisturizer on and it felt like my face was on fire. Now it doesn't burn that bad, but every time I cry (which is few times nowadays ) it hurts real bad, any suggestions to completely get rid of the burning?
Posts: 32 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how's the quality of the Kleenex in your house? if you rub your eyes and nose with tissues, then it does matter whether the tissues were of good quality. The cheap rough stuff is certainly going to chafe your skin more than the fluffy quilted goods (I'd have to say Puffs makes good tissues). Definitely dab instead of rub and scrub your tears away.

The salt in your tears can also irritate your skin. Instead of wiping off with a dry tissue, try washing your face with water. It'll dilute the salt. if not, then at least wet the tissue with water before wiping.

moisturize in spots if your skin is oily. that way you don't make your whole face too greasy.

more surly than girly...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.