Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Question for girls............

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for girls............
flirtatious525
Neophyte
Member # 13916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flirtatious525     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just wanna know if girls shave stomach hair because i'm a girl but i have a few hair in my stomach. i shaved it about a year ago but stoppped. i was wondering if i was the only one. my other question is if girls really shave down there too because i heard that it itches and it gets irritated. so plz someone tell me what you think.
Posts: 4 | From: Albuquerque, NM, United States | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
attempted it twice.

first time, it made my belly itch, and i figured it was a fluke, so i tried it again some months later. well, it wasn't a fluke, so i have since learned to leave the hair alone.

i have dark hair, and even so, it's not anything that's particularly noticeable.

------------------
more surly than girly...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i am a cat
Neophyte
Member # 13784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for i am a cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am female and yes, I have some hair on my tum. I think it's safe to say that most people, male and female, have a little bit of fuzzy tummy hair. It's perfectly normal.

As for shaving the pubic area, yes, some people do it. Some people also wax the area. From my experience, there can be some irritation from shaving, so I prefer just to trim instead.

Take a look at this article: http://www.scarleteen.com/body/adv_shave.html

------------------
"Why should I have to be a skinny pencil?
I'd rather be a happy magic marker."

- Natalie on "Facts of Life"

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BondoQ06
Neophyte
Member # 13774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BondoQ06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have hair on my stomach as well, almost like a mans 'Treasure Trail' but not so traily. I've learned to like my trail of hair, so i've left it there, its so much more easier than shaving.

For hair, down there, it's what you decide. Some people like it natural and some people like it pre-pubescent... its what you're comfterable with.

------------------
"To laugh is to love. To give up hope is to die to faith" -Unknown

Posts: 8 | From: Caldwell, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Neophyte
Member # 13856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of the girls I've dated had a little hair on their belly. Those that didn't most likely shaved. It's normal. And, it's not a bad thing.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlondeChick08
Neophyte
Member # 13648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlondeChick08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as far as im concerned, a normal human being has stomach everywhere on their body except for their feet and palms. yes my stomach is hairy, and so are my friends..i've asked them. and don't worry..nobody will be looking close enough to notice its hairy, because everybodys is. also, i shave down there. i do it like once a week, and after like the first time yo shave it doesn't bother you. iuse the venus passions shaver and it works really well and i just lather it good with shaving cream. the only part that itches is when it starts growing back, but thats everything. dont' worry, it shoudln't be bad. well hope that helped...got any other ?'s just ask. bye

------------------
~.:.»Blondie«.:.~

Posts: 18 | From: Wisconsin, US | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friends told me they shave their stomachs. I thought it was more than a little odd, but tried it. I found it useless because my lil happy trail doesn't bother me. So I have a hairy tummy, I guess.
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlondeChick08:
as far as im concerned, a normal human being has stomach everywhere on their body except for their feet and palms.

Hey! I have hair on my feet! They're elf feet and I love them. I have little fuzzies on the top of my feet and on my big toes. I love them, they're way cute!

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think she meant soles of the feet -- I hope! Or else a great deal of us are very abnormal.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF, WAOTA

Worst attitude of them all!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holly8705
Activist
Member # 8966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for holly8705     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have hair on my belly too, but I only get this one annoying black hair that i either pluck or shave. I shave down there also, and I use the Venus Passion razor like BloneChick. I've found that it works really well for me too.

------------------
~Holly~
~*Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile!~*

Posts: 126 | From: Small town, Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flirtatious525
Neophyte
Member # 13916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flirtatious525     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, thanx for the advice! i did shave it once and it didnt bother me, but it did grow back a little longer. i have my belly button pierced, so i like to wear shirts that show my belly and i was embarressed of the hair in my tummy because other girls i see dont have any. I guess i'll get used to it. and besides, you can always bleach it. ( i have dark hair too).
laterz....

Posts: 4 | From: Albuquerque, NM, United States | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you considered that maybe the reason you don't see it on other girls is just because it isn't at all visible except up close? We've all got hair; we're mammals, we'd look funny without it, but often it's only visible as something that keeps us from looking shiny, rather than as obvious fur.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF, WAOTA

Worst attitude of them all!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.