Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » my boobs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my boobs
butterluck
Neophyte
Member # 13355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for butterluck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ever since like two years ago, my boobs have been the same size. they are like not even a quarter of a quarter of a size A. It's like they haven't been growing. It's so stupid that the boys at school make fun of me and I'm in 10th grade. Urgh. Is there anything wrong with me? Is there anyway I can jumpstart the growth again? thanks a lot.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
your boobs will grow if your body puts out some more estrogen into your bloodstream. how much and when they'll put out that estrogen depends on your genetics. you might just be a late-bloomer. or how about the women in your family (both sides!). Are they buxom? Are they more waifish? ask some of your female relatives when they started to develop if you're so inclined.

------------------
more surly than girly...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
butterluck
Neophyte
Member # 13355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for butterluck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, i'v asked and they said they developed FULLY around 13 and 14.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, then i don't know what to tell you. actually, i have some ideas, but they're not the greatest. if it bothers you so much down the road, you can opt for implants. but that's generally not a great idea. or you can wear padded bras. Nothing wrong with that!

or you can learn to accept your body as it is! not everybody out there is fixated on giant breast sizes. and even if they were (which they aren't), nobody's opinion of your breasts truly matters except your own.

------------------
more surly than girly...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
butterluck
Neophyte
Member # 13355

do you think they will grow more along the way? and is there a way to increase the estrogen to enter and activate your body? thanks
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

you can't get more estrogen without a doctor's Rx, and no doctor in his/her right mind would give it to you (seeing as you have no serious endocrine abnormalities). so, you might want to just wait it out.

------------------
more surly than girly...

butterluck
Neophyte
Member # 13355

thanks for your help
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Butterluck, I had no boobs for... well, forever. I'm still quite small breasted (at this point in my life, my belly sticks out further than my boobs!) but they did grow a bit more in my late teens/early 20s.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with having small boobs. My friend Julie had none at all, and once we got past the dating stage where people were interested in parts and into the stage where people were interested in people, it stopped being an issue for her.

Also, she could wear anything, whereas my girlfriends with larger boobs were always having boobage problems.

I really wouldn't go down the implants path. Your body is your body, and the very best thing you can ever do for it is learn to love it, exactly as it is.

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Neophyte
Member # 13856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be happy with yourself. Not everybody is preoccupied with breast size. I don't find large breasts attractive at all.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cappuccino
Neophyte
Member # 13873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cappuccino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it true that increased estrogen level (from pills) could increase chance of getting breast cancer?
Posts: 21 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
I don't find large breasts attractive at all.

Whoa there -- while supporting others and trying to help them appreciate their body is wonderful, let's not do it at the expense of others. Breasts are attractive in any size.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freakedout
Activist
Member # 9702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freakedout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you're going through--i have small boobs-34A...and i'm 18, so there's a really good chance that I won't grow anymore...all i do to feel confident about myself is wear curved bras that help make the curves i don't have actually turn into curves. Does that make any sense? I hope it helps...big boobs aren't the whole world.

------------------
there's no such thing as no chance

Posts: 123 | From: Wisconsin, United States | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look at Kate Hudson - she's small and is totally beautiful!!!
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.