Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Trouble breathing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trouble breathing
Member # 13854

Icon 5 posted      Profile for paradijs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This morning I was sitting down eating breakfast, when all of the sudden I had this bad chest pain. I have a cold, so I thought that that was the reason. It stayed for a few seconds and then I felt like I was laying down and someone put all of their strength over my chest and pushed down really hard over and over for ten minutes which made it very difficult to breathe. This has happened before, only it was 100 degrees outside and I was working out for two hours. Anyway, after that, I went somewhere and felt very dizzy, restless, had a bad headache, and I felt sick to my stomach. I'm on an antidepressant, called Lexapro. The side effects are insomnia (which I have now) and dizziness (I have that too), so maybe it's another side effect? Should I tell my doctor? I feel fine now, though...

[This message has been edited by paradijs (edited 07-06-2003).]

Posts: 32 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I couldn't tell you what caused the pain, but you'd be really wise to see a doctor. There aren't really any non-vital organs in your ribcage, pain there really should be investigated.

Worst attitude of them all!

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 13854

Icon 11 posted      Profile for paradijs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just as an update... and a question on medicine.

I had to go to the ER this morning (1:00 AM!)because I could barely breathe at all (I later found out this was because of some virus and muscle pain) and on top of that, I hyperventilated because I was so worried. So now they are giving me pain killers but no med.'s for my virus because antibiotics (SP?), do not work on viral things apparently. I am still kind of dizzy and my chest still hurts. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions of how to actually breathe better (the only way I can really breathe is through short and fast breaths) without any medicine? I'm already taking so much and I'd rather not be very drugged up...

Posts: 32 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.