Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Intuiton razors... new product

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Intuiton razors... new product
PrettyGirlSuffering
Activist
Member # 11811

Icon 5 posted      Profile for PrettyGirlSuffering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I just bought one of those new "Intuition" razors, the one that has the soap/shaving cream stuff built around the razor like a bar of soap.. well to me it looks and smells like deoderant. But has anyone else used them?? I haven't tried it yet, but it looks kind of like the razor would get dull before all the soap thing is gone, or the razor wouldn't even get the hair. Feedback please!! thanks

------------------
.a.m.a.n.d.a.

-=No one can make you feel inferior without your consent=-Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 71 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I was kind of waiting to hear some feedback from people before I thought about using it, so once you do, I'd be interested to hear how it worked for you - you can just respond back in this thread.

In the meantime, anybody used this?

One thing it's got going against it from the start is that the whole thing is designed to be disposable, and I hate creating waste, so that puts a bad taste in my mouth...

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Take a little time for sunshine/Take a whole lot of time for love/...Take your life as it may come, 'cause boy, it'll be gone soon/Take a little time for howlin' at the moon..." - Sam Bush, "Howlin' at the Moon"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrettyGirlSuffering
Activist
Member # 11811

Icon 4 posted      Profile for PrettyGirlSuffering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, shortly after posting my question, I decided to answer some questions of my own, and tried it out. I bought the "senstive skin" one.

First thing I noticed, the "bar" around the razor is basically a bar of soap, and kind of leaves that "too sqeeky clean" feeling.

2: on my knees it kind of knicked me a few times, and I usually don't have problems with that.

3: I used it on my bikini area and surprisingly it took the hair right away, but you have to rinse the razor off every few strokes.

4: The soap bar that is around the razor tends to wear down not too bad, depending on how much shaving you do, and how long your legs are. I have pretty long legs (34" inseem) so I used about 1/2 the bar, including bikini area.

5: If you tend to have really dry skin, I really recomend using a heavy moisturizor. I used "Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion." It works REALLY well, esp right after you get out of the bath, or shower. If you wait a while before putting it on, it tends to leave a humid, wet feel to your skin.

Overall if I had to rate it between 0 and 10, I'd probably give it a 6.
I still would like to know what everyone else thought about it!

Oh price, I got the razor it comes with the one already attached and a spare for around $7.68 in Houston, TX at Kroger's. The refills are about $3 to $5 at Kroger's too. There are 3 to a refill package. There are also two types you can buy. Sensitive skin, and Normal to Dry skin. I'm thinking I'm gonna go pick up some Normal to Dry refills.
All contain aloe, vitamin e, and something else.

------------------
.a.m.a.n.d.a.

-=No one can make you feel inferior without your consent=-Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 71 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I love Krogers. lol YAY all Houstonians!
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.