Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bras of all kind!..jsut a few questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bras of all kind!..jsut a few questions
steph_14
Neophyte
Member # 12958

Icon 4 posted      Profile for steph_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are a few questions and lets see if any of you can get them..ALRIGHT...some of these bras that are pretty and like a small size make you pointy..I wore one 1 day and it made me look a little bigger NOT MUCH but my friend noticed and asked me if i stuffed, i was so mad! What bras shoudl you and shouldn't you wear, any ideas??
Posts: 20 | From: IM,MI U.S | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The important thing is to wear a bra that fits correctly. Go to a lingerie store and have a salesperson measure you. Click HERE for more about bra sizing.

Are yours "large and in charge?" Then wear a full-coverage bra that offers maximum support (I own many of these).

Going to have a long day? wear a cotton soft cup, no wire or wear a comfy sports bra

Wearing something backless or strapless? There are specialty bras like the sticky cups for backless apparel. These hardly hold up and can be painful to remove, but for many, it's better than nothing. Some bras have clear plastic "invisible" straps, but those can get sweaty.

------------------
Mmm ... crispy, delicious bacon.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steph_14
Neophyte
Member # 12958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steph_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks... i have another issue...
a friend of mine thinks she is so cool and thinks she has huge boobs when she only wears a 32A, she constantly looks at herself and calls me flat and it bothers me...not only that but she thinks i think i am bigger then her...but i don't care about bra sizes in a friendship haah! help

Posts: 20 | From: IM,MI U.S | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlwaysWorried
Activist
Member # 8472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlwaysWorried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just be happy with what you have is my advice, having an extra number or two means nothing.
Posts: 125 | From: Leicestershire, England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
steph, your friends makes herself feel beter by belittling other folks. that's not much of a friends, if you ask me. but it'd be more mature of you to not say the equivalent of, "oh yeah? well, you're not so stacked yerself." no, this is just something you roll your eyes at and walk away from. your friend is tryingto carve out some self-confidence, but unfortunately she's doing it the wrong way. you on the other hand could use a little self-confidence of your own. you appear to be obsessing over your body. Have you read the article about Body Image? It's an eye-opening read

------------------
Mmm ... crispy, delicious bacon.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steph_14
Neophyte
Member # 12958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steph_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry if i seem to be obsessing this is a new site to me and it has been very helpful i am just asking what is on my min di thank you for taking the time to answer my questions
sweetprincess89
Neophyte
Member # 12936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetprincess89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a question, when you are really flat, how can you wear a strapless dress?!?! lol. Becuz i am and I dont know if i should wear the strapless one i bought.

------------------

I'm sweet like sugar, soft like suede, but unlike Nintendo I never get played!

Posts: 24 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if your breasts are on the smaller side, wearing strapless dresses and tanktops and the like should be easy. Just . . .wear them as-is, or get a strapless bra if you like, but since you don't need heavy-duty-corset-like support, you really don't have much to worry about here.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF

I still love you, oh, I still love you
...Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tantilizin
Activist
Member # 8074

Icon 7 posted      Profile for tantilizin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,

I have a question of my own that doesn't really pertain to the post...i think....
but i didn't want to start a whole new thread. I was wondering is there anyway that you can measure yourself? I rather not go to store and have someone else do it. If i can't do it, then someone I'm at least comfortable with. So I'm also wondering, if I do measure at home, how do I figure out my bra size, for the next time I shopping?
thanks a lot!

Posts: 43 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check out Bare Necessities and click on "Fit Help" for a guide for measuring yourself. Not only do they have a section for measuring your size, but they answer questions pertaining to what type of bra is right for you.

It may seem weird to get fitted by someone at a department store, but its' really not that scary. It's similar to finding a good pair of shoes at the shoe store--you could measure your shoe size and find shoes by yourself, but it's often helpful to have help from an knowledgeable salesperson. From experience, she can steer you towards bras that are the best for your needs. It's really not scary at all, so I recommend trying it if you can.

And like shoes, make sure you don't just rely on the bra size to buy bras--try them on! Sizes can vary from brand to brand.

psst--read the rest of this thread, we already linked to a thread about bra sizing.

[This message has been edited by Ashy (edited 05-11-2003).]

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tantilizin
Activist
Member # 8074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tantilizin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot for your help!

[This message has been edited by tantilizin (edited 05-15-2003).]

Posts: 43 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.