Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » My question is ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My question is ...
imageview
Neophyte
Member # 12048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imageview     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, my question is about our blood system.What happens if two different blood types combine in our system? For example i have blood type A and my gf has blood type B and one time her lip bleeded and we still kissed because i didnt prevent on kissing her on time. Now i believe her blood came into my system. We are both Virgins. We have very good history, we havent have sex or be involve in any sexual activity. Now do we still get some kind of std infection or something? And what happens when her blood came into my system, and we both have different blood types?? Thank you very much.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You would have swallowed her blood, and digested it, in much the same way you'd eat a burger. It would have gone into your stomach, not your blood stream. It's not the blood that's the danger anyway, it's viruses that can be found in the blood, though if your girlfriend does not have HIV or hepatitis B or C, and especially if you had no cuts or abrasions in your mouth, there's very little danger.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost
Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inkie
Neophyte
Member # 8840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it is off topic, but what would happen if some one that was type A got a blood transfusion with type B blood? Would the body reject it? I don't know what sparked the curiousity, but I am just wondering, thanks, Abbie
Posts: 17 | From: my own little world, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CopperStopsigns
Neophyte
Member # 11659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CopperStopsigns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/14/3483.htm is one explaination of blood type rejection.

And of course, if we're talking about a tiny amount of incompatible blood that someone's just casually gotten into their bloodstream (not too likely, especially with people taking care to avoid disease transmission), the rejecton wouldn't do anything bad or good. (It's only a concern for transfusions and such.)

Posts: 2 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holly8705
Activist
Member # 8966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for holly8705     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a 17 year old girl who had o type blood, and she needed a lung and heart transplant not too long ago, but they gave her a heart and lung from a donor with type a blood... needless to say her body did in fact reject those organs. Your body starts to fight it like it's something harmful because it isn't used to it.

------------------
~Holly~
~*Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile!~*

Posts: 126 | From: Small town, Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.