Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » No.2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No.2
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 11 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this is kind of a really embarssing question... but I was just wondering, is it normal to not go 'number 2' everyday... lol it's kind of a weird question, but I don't know, I don't even remember the last time I went. Could this be a problem? What can I do to fix this? Does this mean I'm constipated or something? It doesn't really seem like a huge problem to me, I just don't have to go for a few days on end.
I don't know, sorry for sucha random question.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holly8705
Activist
Member # 8966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for holly8705     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay I believe... I don't go everyday.

------------------
~Holly~

Never frown even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile!!!

Posts: 126 | From: Small town, Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is, I can't even remember the last time I went... lol that's the only reason its kinda buggin me
Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, you should be having bowel movements at least every couple days if you're eating real food daily.

If you are not having regular bowel movements, talk to your doctor. It is very important for your health.

Just an FYI from the NIH:

Common Causes of Constipation

* Not enough fiber in diet
* Not enough liquids
* Lack of exercise
* Medications
* Irritable bowel syndrome
* Changes in life or routine such as pregnancy, older age, and travel
* Abuse of laxatives
* Ignoring the urge to have a bowel movement
* Specific diseases such as multiple sclerosis and lupus
* Problems with the colon and rectum
* Problems with intestinal function (Chronic idiopathic constipation).

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to add to what Miz S said, "normal" timing for bowel movements are every 24 to 36 hours. more than 36, and you might wanna consider getting some more fiber. and if it persists, then definitely see a doctor.

------------------
According to the experts, I am some species of badass.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunset_Rose
Activist
Member # 10181

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Sunset_Rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just some quick info about Irritable Bowel Syndrome, if it helps.

Check out www.ibsnetwork.org.uk www.ibsgroup.org

for information and support.
Good luck!

Posts: 123 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.