Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » bcp...=|

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bcp...=|
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alrighty, on October 20th I began taking Alesse 21 to reglulate my weeklong period that came every 2-3 weeks.
My Period was ongoing and on the 4th (I think) i stopped taking Alesse 21. On the 6th i went to the doctor and she said the reason of the long bleeding was because there wasn't enough estrogen in Alesse 21. So She gave me Triphasil and said that my period should stop by tuesday, or i should make an appointment to get an ultrasound.

It's now wednesday, and my period is still here! it's not heavy heavy like it was before, and I'm not having LARGE cramps like before, but I'm still sick of being on my period! My mom called the doctor, and I guess I'm going to have an ultrasound (we have to wait for the doc to call back)

anyways, what I'm wondering is, what is this ultrasound going to be like? what is it going to tell us exactly? what are the options i have after the ultrasound? to try another pill?

sorry for the long post..

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
your doctor will use the ultrasound to look at your ovaries to see if there's any abnormalities (cysts and the like).

depending on what he/she sees, you may either be recommended *not* to use hormonal birth control, or she will change your formula again. good luck on that!

------------------
If the shoe fits, it's probably your size.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 10 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultrasounds are kinda fun. They are a chance to see what normally you can't inside of you. If you ask the doc you they will prolly let you see the screen. They squirt ~cold~ gel on your tummy and roll a device across it kinda like a computer mouse only with the ball on its butt. They don't hurt and other than being cold for a little bit you will be just fine

------------------
"Only the foolish would fear Foxfire."
Kolbrun; Juniper order

Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inkie
Neophyte
Member # 8840

Icon 14 posted      Profile for inkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be worried about the ultrasound thing. I had one after I was in a car accident and they are pretty cool. Just like foxfire said though the gel is very cold. Just relax and have fun and you'll be fine. Hope it goes well.

Posts: 17 | From: my own little world, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eep!! the Ultra sound was fine but after that they stuck a little camera UP my... well .. you get the picture!! I was so shocked! I asked my mom what they were going to do to me but she didn't tell me Because she'd thought i'd be scared! hehe..
it wasn't that bad, but it felt like she was stabbing me in a kidney with it or something and it kind of hurt, and my back hurt for the rest of the night... I still haven't got the results back yet tho! I'll keep you all posted!

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's called a transvaginal ultrasound. I hvae to get those done whenever i need an ultrasound b/c i can't seem to hold enough liquids for them to see what they need to see from the outside I had one done about a yr ago, and it was kinda cool ... they put a condom type thing and lube on the probe!

You can find out more about this type of testing here and here

And good luck w/ the results!

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 11-18-2002).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.