Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Sperm Effectiveness?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sperm Effectiveness?
Mr_C
Neophyte
Member # 10345

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr_C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I know I don't want babies yet, I'm not ready to have them. But I'm just wondering where to test where they can actually pregnate a woman in future years? Also if there are any information available for this topic? Such as eatting habits or things not to do so that they would cease to be inseminating.
Posts: 7 | From: Oakville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, Mr. C is the name of my boyfriend's horse. cool.

umm, i'm unclear on the question you are asking me. you syntax is a little weird. Are you asking where you can take a fertility test? Your doctor can help you with that. Labs can measure sperm count and tell you if you are fertile or not. All you have to do is provide a sample.

As for eating habits and stuff. Are you asking for ways to keep your tsticles healthy? Well, it's pretty basic. Maintain overall good health. Eat healthy food. Avoid radiation and poisons. Avoid illegal drugs. Don't take steroids!!! And surprisingly, be careful when riding bicycles -- cyclists (and i mean the really serious cyclists!) actually have been shown to have problems with sperm count because riding on a bike seat with your gonads compressed and overheated for too long decreases sperm production (does this mean the Tour de France is a great method of contraception? NO!).

And anything else, please ask your doctor.

------------------
"Things are only fragile till they break."

[This message has been edited by Gumdrop Girl (edited 10-23-2002).]

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMAO go Gummy!

I think I know what he means...
Is there anywhere he could go to get tested so he knows if he has deficient sperm or not?

[This message has been edited by cupcake (edited 10-25-2002).]

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.