Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Feet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feet
tigress
Activist
Member # 9461

Icon 8 posted      Profile for tigress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have very VERY small feet. I'm 5'5" and I wear a size 7 shoe. My feet just won't grow! I look way out of porportion I think and it makes me very self concious when I'm around people barefoot. People even tell me sometimes "wow, you're feet are really small!" It bugs me to death! There's nothing I can do to maybe grow my feet? I know I probably sound stupid, but I hate my feet!!

-tigress

Posts: 119 | From: SoRoa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow. i have never heard a girl complain that her feet were too small. if it makes you feel any better, in some cultures, small feet are considered to be beautiful. unfortunately, that resulted in foot binding. uhh...

do you wear sandals a lot? i mean, if it bothers you so much, you could always just buy larger shoes and stuff them. but for open-toed shoes, that does work.

and i didn't think a size 7 shoe was all that small. i knew a girl in high school who stood 5'6" and wore a size 4 womens shoe. and while we noticed the size of her feet, we weren't grossed out by it or bothered or anything bad at all. her brother was about 5'8", 5'9" and i remember once, he borrowed my inline skates (i wear a size 8 womens shoe, 6 in mens and UK sizes)

anyway, the deal is, there are ways to conceal your feet. but it's probably not worth fussing over. people by and large don't care how big or small your feet are.

------------------
"I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-A-r-t." Homer J. Simpson
"Mmm ... floor pie!" Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it counts for anything...I'm 5'5", and I wear a size 7 (or a 7 occasionally, or very very rarely an 8, but that's only when the particular brand runs really small). I've never had anybody say my feet look small. I'm looking at my feet right now, and I'd have to say I think they look pretty darn nice on the ends of my legs. I really don't think they look small...do you think your feet look small? If you forget what everybody else has said, and you just look at yourself, do you really think they look too small? Sometimes other people can make us see ourselves in ways that aren't anywhere near the way we really see ourselves when we look.

Anyway, I'd say don't worry about your feet. I don't think they're too small at all.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My goodness! Size 7, small? I can wear a size 4, usually it's a 5 though. Yuppers, it's true. However, i love my small feet. I think they're great, really, i think they're beautiful.
But since you don't feel the same way, first i'm gonna say. Take a look at them and ask yourself what's really wrong with your feet? Seriously, is the only thing that's buggin you the fact that people comment on them?
And if that's the case, have you tried talking to the people who do, and telling them it makes you uncomfortable that they makes comments like that. Give it a try.

I'd also suggest you check out some of our body positive threads.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCagedOne
Activist
Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCagedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, my girlfriend is about 5'5, and she wears a size 7 shoe. I have no problems at all with the size of her feet, in fact I like them very much . Although she does have very nice feet, mostly I like them because they're attached to her. I wouldn't worry about your feet too much. Speaking from experience, foot size isn't something I notice about a girl right away. And even if it was, 7 is a nice size to have!

------------------
"A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey"
----
"We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Posts: 52 | From: Usually somewhere between MI & FL - currently KY | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The average women's shoe size is a size 7.5

'Nuff said, eh?

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orchid
Neophyte
Member # 8663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orchid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Size 7 sounds great - you can find lots of adult's shoes in that size. I am another size 4-5, and though I usually have to hunt through children's shoes (pink bows, anyone?), I love having pointy little feet. When I wear flaired pants only my toes stick out, it's great fun. If I clomp around in larger shoes in front of a mirror I can see that larger feet would look awkward on me - I am, like you, proportioned just right for myself.
Posts: 32 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My feet never quite stopped growing. I was wearing a size 7 when I was in 4th grade; now I can barely squeeze into a 12! The grass is always greener, eh?
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
witch_baby
Neophyte
Member # 9911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for witch_baby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there such think as ANYONE who does not have some sort of problem w/ some part of their body? I even have a friend who is totally confidnet about her looks... all except her belly button. I guess that's just one of those things that makes us all... people. lol ^_^. Don't worry too much about your feet. They can't affect what kind of great person you are!

------------------
Once upon an time...?
What time are we upon and where do I belong?

Posts: 21 | From: Longmont, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a size 7 isn't really small. i think it's better anyway, because then you can find cuter shoes in stock! almost everyone has size 8-9 so those shoes are always sold out.

be proud!!! i bet they're cute, too.

------------------
That's Mrs. Rivers Cuomo to you. :)

To Do Is To Be -- Plato
To Be Is To Do -- Socrates
Do Be Do Be Do -- Sinatra

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryGirl3
Neophyte
Member # 10016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryGirl3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, LOVE your feet. They are a part of you, and they are exactly the way they are supposed to be. And really, size 7 is not that small. I'm 5'6" and my feet are the same size as yours. And lots of guys tell me my feet are small, most girls don't. Its really all perception of what you think small feet is. And I love my feet. Another good thing about size 7 feet is, like another person said, there are always cute shoes in stock. My mom has size 9 feet and ALWAYS complains to me that I get all the cute shoes and there are never any in her size. So look at your feet as normal, and as a blessing.
Posts: 38 | From: Uniontown, OH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.