Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » something's wrong with me?

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: something's wrong with me?
Member # 8580

Icon 2 posted      Profile for *stardust8717*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think there's something wrong with me. I've been an emotional wreck. I don't get it . . . I'm not pregnant, it's not pms. Every little thing makes me cry, everything's scary. Especially stuff about school starting. I'm afraid of getting lost, afraid of everything. I don't know what to do. My mom is kinda mean to me a lot, and lately she actually makes me start sobbing.
I know it's probably not any kind of "teenage body changing stuff" I've been through that already completely. I just think I'm going crazy!!

Posts: 19 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even if you've already gone through puberty, sometimes hormonal changes still occur (even if it's not PMS). It just happens sometimes. It could be triggered by stress, or changes in eating habits, or any number of other things. It's just kinda part of the experience.

Try to ride it out. If it becomes too much of a problem, or continues for long periods of time, then definately seek professional help.

Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodbye_blue_sky96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just hang in there, babe. Make some new friends, or something. Do some extra-curricular activities. Get your mind off of what bothers you, or you can deal with it, maybe you could see the school's councellour? Or just talk to someone you trust! Hope this helps!
Posts: 36 | From: ......up......there..... | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TXRebelGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am freaking 26 and I have JUST NOW realized how much exercise can help when I'm feeling like you're talking about. I just got put back on a high-hormone birth control pill (for ovarian cysts) and I am a WRECK AND A HALF. The only thing saving me is my morning walk or bike ride...just a suggestion...

"If Microsoft had things their way there would be no books, only comic strips..."

Posts: 61 | From: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4811

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Ssexxigurl18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well sounds to me like you just need to relax a little and not worry soo much about everything....Just try to make good decisions and realize everyone does make mistakes sumtimes and noone is perfect...
Posts: 35 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3