Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » complicated (or so i think) UTI ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: complicated (or so i think) UTI ?
starlight23
Activist
Member # 9388

Icon 8 posted      Profile for starlight23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been searching for like an hour and a half...reading about UTI's and didn't find ANYTHING like this. so, i'm going to ask. sorry.

A little over a month ago I was hospitalized for a kidney infection (not fun). it started with a UTI that I ignored. (dont do what i do...grrrr.) Now, when i first started noticing the symptoms, and ignoring them, it was after going to the beach. Also, the day and I went to the beach, and most of the days after that and before that, my boyfriend had either fingered me or performed oral sex.

Now, I went to the beach this past Sunday. I'm feeling the symptoms of a UTI again, and dont want to ignore it. BUT, also the day i went to the beach (that late afternoon/night i noticed the symptoms), my boyfriend fingered me...and we kind of had sex (long story..in another post..lol).

So here are my questions. One, how long does it take for the symptoms to appear? my boyfriend has been fingering me since around february and performing oral sex since...may, and i've never felt these symptoms before. So my second question is, could the beach have played a part in these?

Oh, and also, it kind of felt like the symptoms were going away today...could that just have been some kind of soreness from my semi-sex experience wearing down?

Any answers would be great. Sitting here slightly confused...not sure if I could even follow my own post. lol. Thanx a bunch.

Posts: 122 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euphorickitty
Neophyte
Member # 6425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for euphorickitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You say you went to the beach, well if you went swimming or your bottom half got wet and you walked around in a wet bathing suit, that will definately help in getting a UTI. It is always advised to wear cotton undies and wash up and urinate after any sexual activity. Urinating before is also recommended.

If you feel one coming on, drink plenty of water or cranberry juice if you can take it. It won't offer immediate results but it will help your UTI to go away sooner. Taking cranberry suppliments is also said to help with the urinary tract in the long run.

But make sure you do something about your UTI. Leaving it untreated too long will cause it to spread elsewhere.

Good Luck, Hope this helps

Posts: 38 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another point to note is that if you indeed had sex, do make it a point to go and urinate after sex. It helps flushes out the system.

I started doing that after I had my second UTI and nothing has happened since.

Just remember, do not let a UTI go untreated. A second kidney infection would not be a laughing matter anymore.

If you haven't seen a doctor, please do so now and drink lots of plain water to flush out your system.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mingo
Activist
Member # 7667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mingo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would also be a good idea to make sure boyfriend washes his hands before he fingers you, or for that matter you should wash your hands before masturbating.
Posts: 126 | From: Ferndale, Mi USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.