Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Dark Circles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dark Circles
dissolvedgirl
Neophyte
Member # 9466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dissolvedgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not really sure if this goes here, but here I go:
I have extremely bad dark circles under the eyes. I get enough sleep, drink enough water, exercise regularly and I don't smoke and I'm only 17. I don't know what to do about them. Any tips or medical reasons you might know of? Any replies are well appreciated.

Posts: 9 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be that it's just the way that your body is, because dark circles can be hereditary. The skin under your eyes is very thin, so blood vessels beneath the eyes are more apparent. Or, dark circles can be caused by hyperpigmentation. You may want to make sure that you apply sunscreen to your face every day to prevent sun damage, which can excaberate dark circles.

Other than that,there's not really that much you can do. There are a lot of cosmetic products on the market that can cover dark circles if you're interested.

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DiamondGirl2K
Activist
Member # 9162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiamondGirl2K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, this is exactly what I was looking for. I have dark circles under my eyes as well. They're not terribly dark I don't like them anyhow. I was wondering if a cold and wet washcloth would help to get rid of the dark circles? Or is it a hot compress? I'm not really sure. Also can dark circles come from being on a computer too much or from reading in low lighting? Thanks in advance for your answers!!!

------------------
DiamondGirl
Boogie Black
9~27~01
@<<-----
Still Going Strong!
Forever and Always!

Posts: 137 | From: The Home of The Greatest: NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tresxbien
Neophyte
Member # 15377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tresxbien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to sound really weird, but do you have really bad sinus infections or anything like that? I have pretty bad allergies and bad sinuses, and my doctor told me that could be why I have dark circles too. Plus, I'm pretty fair - so they're noticable. If I had a bit of a tan, they probably wouldn't be so bad.

Hope that helped. ^^;

Posts: 13 | From: next door | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faeryprinces
Activist
Member # 12405

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Faeryprinces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know of any medical reasoning for dark circles...But I do know a thing or two about makeup and the wonderous things it can do to cover such things in a natural looking way. If you use yellow concealer (thats right i said yellow! ) it will cover the darkness around your eyes. You should always pat the concealer on, never rub...then apply a flesh colored concealer over top of that in the same fashion. As long as you exfoliate your skin, and dont use too much, it should cover nicely and look natural. Same goes for red spots or reddish pimples, only you cover those with green concealer.... I dont know if this was the kind of thing you were looking for, but I hope that it helps somewhat...
Posts: 227 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and some women swear by cucumber slices they're cool and refreshing for your skin. tasty, too.

------------------
You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution, but in the end, being part of the problem is much more fun.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.