Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » wut should i do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wut should i do?
play_withme_69
Activist
Member # 7238

Icon 5 posted      Profile for play_withme_69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, i was just wondering wut should i do about the situation i am in. ok, here it is...I got in a fist fight with my 'friend', she punched me in the face a couple of times i didnt even know she did till after when i realized that i have two bruises on my cheeks, she said that she had scrathches on her face, but thats it cuz i didnt have a chance to punch her, we talked the day after on msn and now we r cool, but i dont think it is fair becuz it wasnt a fair fight cuz she got up and ran away(lol), and i was wondering if i should fight her again, cuz i am still really pissed off...thanx so much 4 your help!
Posts: 42 | From: london ontario canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, do not resort of physical violence again. It could actually end up resulting in the law getting involved, and assault charges would NOT be fun- nor is it fun to cause anyone physical injury.

If you still feel upset about what happened, then perhaps TALK to your friend about it, but don't try to resolve it violently. I very much doubt that it will result in any true resolution at all- that sort of thing only comes from communication.

Truthfully, violent actions sometimes make you feel better for the instant that you do them, but afterwards, you feel no better at all- often worse. If you feel the need to be hitting something, go to a gym, and find a punching bag. Or use your pillow. But don't use a human, no matter how many issues you may have with the person.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bep, i gotta differ on this one. play_with_me, why did your "friend" hit you? and why would you be friends with someone who'd sucker punch you? If i were you, i would avoid this person. but bep's right. don't seek revenge by trying to beat her up. no more fisticuffs, just stay back.

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
play_withme_69
Activist
Member # 7238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for play_withme_69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
she punched me in the face FIRST, by the way, becuz she said i was being a "bitch" to her. And i know fighting wont solve n e thing but if i dont fight her my friends will, cuz they saw the bruise on my face and they hate her. she is 3 years older then me also and she threw the first punch so she would be getting in trouble by thelaw, well thats what my mom told me, and id rather fight her myself, then seem like im scared or sumthing if my friends fight her, thanx
play_with_me_69

Posts: 42 | From: london ontario canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She had no right to punch you, especially just because she thought you were "being a bitch." Try and get your friends not to fight with her though, and handle it in a more responsible manner, if that means taking up a lawsuit.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutelachick69_04
Neophyte
Member # 6827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cutelachick69_04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sounds like you have some major problems. You wanting to fight her again is very immature of you. Get a grip on yourself and get over it you got your @$$ kicked and thats plain and simple.
Posts: 15 | From: D-town, Louisiana | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cutelachick: Please review the guidelines, especially this bit:

quote:

When posting, you are expected to be respectful of your fellow posters

In the future, please keep this in mind when posting, as your last post was quite inappropriate.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you say that she would get in trouble with the police because she hit you first. BUT if you try to have an altercation with her again, then YOU will be the one in trouble assaulting her the second time around.

if this girl makes you so angry that you feel you want to beat her up, you should probably be staying as far away from her as possible. that is not any sort of healthy relationship. and tell your friends not to go after her because they will get charged with assault also. you really don't want parents or the police involved in something like this. if you can't work things out with this girl by talking it over, then beating on each other surely isn't going to make the two of you want to be good friends.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mention that you 2 are cool now while talking on msn but you want to have a rematch? I'm curious which one it is.

If you're truly friends, you'll figure out a way to resolve the matter peacefully. I'm not condoning her actions yet I think you should forgive her.

The 2 SAFE options are:
*Resolve the matter
*Dissolve the friendship and avoid her

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.