Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » someone help im really scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: someone help im really scared
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 9 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
today in the shower i noticed that i have many of these little bumps on my vagina..like the part surrounding my clit and inner labia..they are my skin color..they kind of look like "sweat beads" if u wanna say that..anyway im really scared i asked my mom n she said she doesnt think she has them n she told me to go online and find out so I came here Could someone help? thanks!
Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty normal to have tiny bumps on the skin of your vulva - the skin around there sometimes has a "grainy" texture. However, if they seem sore or inflamed or if you're worried about them, getting them checked out by a doctor would be a good idea.
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holly8705
Activist
Member # 8966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for holly8705     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can understand why you are so scared. The only thing I know to tell you is to go to the gyno and get checked out.

------------------
~Holly~

Never frown even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile!!!

Posts: 126 | From: Small town, Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 9 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they do not hurt or itch...they are just there. im just wondering if this is normal.
Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like logic_grrl said, they could be a part of your skin's normal texture, which often has a somewhat grainy feel--think of mini "chicken skin" bumps. But, they could be indicative of illness. In any case, we really can't diagnose you over the Internet! So, perhaps it's a good time to set up a gyno appointment.
Your First Gynecologist Visit

------------------
Kindness and honesty can be expected only from the strong.
Anonymous

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of the reasons it's so important to know your own body really well. Then you will know what is normal for you and what is not!

Having said that, it is normal to have bumps on your labia. Beleive me, I get about 50 Google hits a day from women concerned about dots or bumps on their labia -- it's insane.

They can be labia coloured or faintly white. (I'm talking about caucasian women here; I'm ashamed to say that I have no idea what the normal color variations would be for women who are not caucasian, or even if it would be any different.)

Occassionally, they can become infected, in which case they will rise and get kinda zit-like, and then you would want to see a health care practitioner.

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluewonder
Neophyte
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluewonder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I am freaking out over something very similar. If it is normal to have little bumps in your inner labia majora, why is it so hard to find good information about them? Do you have any info? I'm freaking out. my email address is {mod edit for email address}

Edited: Please don't post your email address for safety purposes, and you don't need to quote the whole post- it saves space on the server. Thank you!

[This message has been edited by wobblyheadedjane (edited 03-26-2004).]

Posts: 1 | From: Toronto, ON,Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.