Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » really weird question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: really weird question
CrystalRose5
Neophyte
Member # 6019

Icon 3 posted      Profile for CrystalRose5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if this is where this question should be....so please move it if need be. I was just wondering if putting bobby pins on your nipples could be damaging to the tissue there. thankx alot I know how weird that sounds.
Posts: 11 | From: Pittsburgh, Pa, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question for you before anyone can really answer your question. Why are you putting bobbie pins on your nipples?
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrystalRose5
Neophyte
Member # 6019

Icon 3 posted      Profile for CrystalRose5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I reading a message board and i read this post, in which a girl said she put bobby pins on her nipples when she masturbated. I was experimenting and i am wondering if it is safe.
Posts: 11 | From: Pittsburgh, Pa, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some people like the sensation of clips or clamps on their nipples. But (with any part of the body) it could cause tissue damage if the pressure is enough to cut off circulation.
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noahkk24
Neophyte
Member # 9030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noahkk24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whoa, thats some freaky stuff
Posts: 35 | From: Atlanta, GA, US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Noah, please review the guidelines. You absolutely may not make judgemental statements like that here.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noahkk24
Neophyte
Member # 9030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noahkk24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kythryne:
Noah, please review the guidelines. You absolutely may not make judgemental statements like that here.

ok, didn't know that'd be so bad, thats some strict stuff. (Sorry if that's against the rules to say also)

------------------
Give me two pairs
(Cause) I need two pairs
So I can get to stompin in my Air Force 1's
(Big boys) Stompin in my Air Force 1's

Posts: 35 | From: Atlanta, GA, US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
One would think that unless one is an experienced professional piercer, do it yourself piercings could be unhigenic and carry an infection risk. A puncture wound, which is what a piercing is, represents an opportunity for bacteria to sidestep the skins epidural protection.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did a quick search on "bobby pins" (I was wondering if there was a difference between UK and US meanings) and most of the items shown seemed to be hair clips rather than actual pins.
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrystalRose5
Neophyte
Member # 6019

Bobby pins are u shaped pieces of wire. one side is kinda wavey and the other is straight. they are about 2 inches long and not shorp at all. they have little plastic bead things at the end of the wires so they are not sharp. they are used to hold hair in place mostly.
anony
Neophyte
Member # 8922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, would'nt that hurt? Ouch!.. I'd try using a clothespin or something before that.
Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyxl Buzz
Neophyte
Member # 9034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pyxl Buzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobbypins are thin and fairly bendable. So putting one on your nipple would probably hurt less than pinching it with your fingers. It definitely would hurt a lot less than with a clothespin.
Posts: 5 | From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobo, I believe that the bobby pins are used in more of a clothespin way than a piercing kind of thing.
Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that in talking about bobby pins in mastubation, we're really just talking about Do It Yourself nipple clamps.

As with clamps, there are some safety issues, primarily circulation ones. The same guidelines would apply, namely:

* Don't clamp any area for more than 30 minutes

* If you experience any loss of sensation, stop immediately.

* If it appears you are losing blood flow, stop immediately.

If you're observing bruised skin, broken blood vessles, or other lingering signs of damage, be aware that you are indeed looking at signs of damage. Nipples are rather hardy things, but really, you don't want to subject them to that kind of wear and tear.

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.