Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Little fat flabs under armpits

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Little fat flabs under armpits
Caramel Apple Pop
Activist
Member # 8475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caramel Apple Pop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I put my arms down by my sides, I have a little roll of fat where my boobs end and my armpit begins (does that make any sense?) Anyways, I was wondering if there were any target exercises for this? I don't need to loose weight (i'm 107 pounds). It's very unattractive to me, so any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

-Beth

------------------
,,.:*~
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our
wings have trouble remembering how to fly ,,.:*~

Posts: 98 | From: A world of wonder, where war never disturbes peace, and the sun never gets consumed by the shadows... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, as far as I know, it's as normal and womanly a thing as having breasts, and there's no need to try to get rid of it.

------------------
Why can't you have your cake and eat it too?
Why believe in things that make it tough on you?
Why scream and cry when you know it's through?
Why fall in love when there's better things to do?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you think about it, your body's got to have some "slack" there, otherwise you wouldn't be able to raise your arms .
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
earth girl
Neophyte
Member # 7759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for earth girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, even if *you* find it unattractive, I'm sure no one else notices. I have them, I'm sure everyone has them - no big deal really
Posts: 36 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
every woman has them; you just never see them in mags because they are routinely airbrushed out. like logic said, if you didn't have them, it'd be hard to raise your arms. not without tearing your skin, anyway.

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YdidUeatMypickles
Neophyte
Member # 8541

Icon 12 posted      Profile for YdidUeatMypickles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
45 pound little girls have them...thats like going on an exercise rage for your eyelids
Posts: 13 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, i have that, and was thinking about the raising arms thing, and it's true, if we didn't have it our arms wouldn't raise. Hahah, just imagine! :O

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snoopy
Neophyte
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snoopy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Caramel Apple Pop:
When I put my arms down by my sides, I have a little roll of fat where my boobs end and my armpit begins (does that make any sense?) Anyways, I was wondering if there were any target exercises for this? I don't need to loose weight (i'm 107 pounds). It's very unattractive to me, so any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Three exercises you can do to help this area are: dips, dumbbell flyes, and cable crossovers. If you go to www.shapefit.com you can find descriptions of these.
-Beth

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet monkey
Neophyte
Member # 23484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its totally normal.. watch award shows and actress's wearing halter like tops...even the thinest woman have it..its not really something you can get rid of..and its perfectly normal.
Posts: 19 | From: canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.