Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » I just can't stop laughing...and it drives 'em crazy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just can't stop laughing...and it drives 'em crazy
HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks
Activist
Member # 7347

Icon 6 posted      Profile for HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This topic is not particularly thought provoking or debatable. It's just about something that I do, and I wonder if other people do it, and how their partners react. Or if their partners do it and how they react, and everyone's personal opinion on the action.

I laugh during all those times that you're 'not supposed to'. At the height of a sexual encounter, in the middle of a serious kiss. I have yet to encounter someone else who does this.

I don't have any legit reason to laugh. I just think I've had enough sex (which albeit is not that much sex at all, really, but enough for me to realize) to realize that it's all supposed to be really serious and I really don't think it should be. I love throwing my head back and just laughing or giggling to whatever length I desire.

Unfortunatly, I often forget to tell people who may be involved with me physically in the future that this is no reaction to them or their technique. It's just me laughing. Forgetting this step causes many a person to get upset. It's hard to explain to someone that you just think you should laugh...

Most partners take offense at first, then they kinda get used to it and don't know how to react, and then they kind of just try to ignore it becuase they really don't know what to do. I'm sure I'm referred to as "the one that laughed..."

So...I'm curious. Do you laugh in the middle of a kiss? Do you giggle when you orgasm?

And of course, this relates to body and soul because I think laughing has more to do with the soul than anything. It's a way to make it happy

Posts: 103 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 14 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh me! I laugh most of the time I'm being physical with my partner. It's just a sign that I'm enjoying myself.

Of course it takes a little getting used to but it's never been a problem. In the future though I do plan to give a little warning if possible; I can't imagine that me suddenly giggling the first time I see any future partners nude would give off that "I think you're beautiful vibe" I try to extend to all that allow me to see them naked.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 10 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i do it too!
it might have something to do with the kind of sexual relationship i have - not my boyfriend, he's my shagbunny! and we just get on really well and sexually very well too.
we laugh, a lot. one of the most amusing times was after i'd told him about an insane dream i'd had involving him stopping in the middle of sex, putting on a hawaiian shirt, and making me drink orange squash. next time we had sex, during a position change he announced he was off to get the squash and i cracked up.
i really think it's best to be able to laugh with your partner, especially cuz sex doesn't always go exactly as planned, and it's a fun thing so it needn't be serious.

glad other people do it toooo!!

-pandora
xxo

[edited spelling]

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]
http://thebitch.mustbehere.com

[This message has been edited by insatiablesmiles (edited 06-06-2002).]

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everytime I kissed this guy(uh yuck, a guy- oh those were the days) I started laughing. I don't know why. I think it might have been because of the fact he kissed like a cod. Hmm...
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kissed like a cod? i wonder how that would work... but now getting ON topic, yes i do find myself laughing whenever i kiss my bf. and somehow he thinks im laughing at him. and im not. he is a GOOD kisser...and there is nothing to laugh about in his techinique, its just that he is so serious...its really laughable. its soooo cute though, the way he wants everything to be perfect...how romantic...

------------------
~*Scientists say that one out of 4 people are crazy. go to 3 of ur friends and if they are okay, you are it.*~

~*In faith i do not love thee with mine eyes
for they in thee a thousand errors note
but tis my heart which love what they dispise,
who in despite of view is pleased to dote,
Nor are mine ears by thine tounge's tune delighted,
Nor tender feeling base touches prone,
Nor taste nor smell desire to be invited,
To any sensual feast with thee alone.
But my five wits nor five senses can
dissuade one foolish heart from serving thee,
Who leaves unswayed the likeness of a man,
Thy proud heart's slave and vassal wretch to be.
Only my plague thus far can i count my gain,
that he who makes me sin awards me pain.
~*William Shakespeare
Sonnet 141

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Siren, hon, it would be greatly appreciated if you could shorten your signature. Long signatures eat up bandwidth that we really don't have to spare, and they make it hard to read the discussions.

Thank you.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilithelf
Neophyte
Member # 6877

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lilithelf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I giggle...often...most often at odd times....but, fortunately, my boyfriend just so happens to think it's adorable...He's got a great sense of humor and makes me laugh more than anyone I know...so, if there is a joke to be had during sex, why not...Though, for the most part it's just the fact that I giggle when I am happy...The strangest thing, however was once (well, twice..actually) when I squeaked during orgasm..I had been trying to be quiet so his brother (who is 18, btw) wouldn't hear us and be a smartass about it later...and all the pent up moaning and such came out in a definate squeak...Which, Subsequently caused quite the bit of laughter in and of itself...teehee

------------------
"i am not an angry girl
but it seems like i've got everyone fooled
every time i say something they find hard to hear
they chalk it up to my anger
and never to their own fear" -'Not a Pretty Girl' by Ani Difranco

Posts: 13 | From: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni
Activist
Member # 6560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, I sort of have a story related to that so hopefully you will see there's more like you out there, lol.

After a date, my boyfriend (now my ex as of february) walked me up to the door. Let me give a little background info here- I did not really want to be in the relationship. He had been so infatuated with me I just decided to go ahead and get into it, which was ultimately a mistake. Thus, any physical contact was rather uncomfortable for me subconciously.

Anyway, at the door he says "goodnight hug?" which caught me a little offguard. So we hug, and all of the sudden he's kissing me and it was just too spontaneous for me, esp. given my feelings towards the relationship. I broke it off sort of giggling (in a high-pitched freakout way), said goodnight, and went inside. It was weird, I know. One of the most dysfunctional relationships I've ever had.

Of course, I laughed out of nerves and it sounds like most others here don't. Keep on laughin'.

------------------

If you want to dip into someone else's life for a while then go here

Posts: 43 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hahaha that's so funny because I do the exact same thing!

When I'm in the middle of a deep, passionate kiss with my boyfriend, I sometimes think of something funny and start giggling a bit, but sometimes the TV is on and there's a really funny show and I hear something funny and In the middle of a kiss, I start laughing histerically!!

And I always feel bad because it seems like my boyfriend thinks that i'm laughing at him!!

he just puts his head down and laughs and says like "oh god" lol, I think I should also be labelled as "the one who laughed"

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggish
Activist
Member # 6370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heehee...yeah, I totally end up giggling or something in the middle of a kiss or whatever - it's just like when you laugh in the middle of class, because you've remembered something funny, and you can't stop cracking up, and everyone's looking at you because you look like a laughing fool. The worst is when you're going down on a girl and you laugh, and there's...um...suction...and it makes a funny noise...heh. I don't even know what makes me laugh sometimes...Oooh - when I'm getting aroused, but not quite close to orgasm, I start giggling hysterically which drives my girlfriend insane...I try to tell her that I'm just very, very happy...

------------------
~*frog*~

Posts: 41 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 3 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ALWAYS LAUGH OR GIGGLE WHEN SOMEONE KISSES ME TOO! THEY ALWAYS THINK ITS CUZ OF THEIR TECNIQUE BUT THATS NOT WHY..IM REALLY NOT SURE, I JUST THINK PHYSICAL-ITY IS A FUNNY THING..
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OomeoO, you have already been asked to turn off the caps lock while posting. It is considered shouting and is rude. It also makes your posts harder to read- therefore if you have a point to make, or a question to ask, it is far less likely to receive a response.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
West1001
Activist
Member # 8317

Icon 10 posted      Profile for West1001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, I do the same thing....
But the great thing about it is my bf does the same thing. He has a great sense of humor, and when both of us mix together everything is hilarious. I think it makes sex that much more fun. Sex is supposed to be fun, and by laughing I'm showing that I'm having the best time in the world.
It's awesome!!!

Posts: 99 | From: Vancouver, BC, CANADA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
euphorickitty
Neophyte
Member # 6425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for euphorickitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought I was made really oddly because I always laugh during those times. I'm not a laugher or a giggler in general so it was a complete surprise to my boyfriend that I laugh at what seems the most inappropriate times!

When we first got together he leaned in for a kiss after taking me out and I started laughing and I said sorry and he just kept going at it and I actually started talking during the kiss. hahaha I think that was probably the most memorable/funny kiss he has ever had.

Posts: 38 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelserz69
Neophyte
Member # 8729

Icon 13 posted      Profile for chelserz69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok hey im only 13 so i like haven't had sex r nething but i do laugh alot for no apparent reasons so i bet that i will probably laugh like you guyz do.... is that a bad thing??!?!?!?!?!? :/ or ???
Posts: 3 | From: ankeny, ia , usa | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melimelo
Activist
Member # 7361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melimelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's not a bad thing, it just can be a bit surprizing for your partner, especially if it's not in your habits to laugh all the time for no apparent reason.
Posts: 81 | From: north america | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I make little giggles often while kissing my partner, and he thinks they're cute. I'm happy so laugh, what I can I say? Of course, I also tend to say random things while kissing like "You know what I just thought of? Gorillas picking fleas off each other."

------------------
Kindness and honesty can be expected only from the strong.
Anonymous

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks
Activist
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This topic is rocking my bobby socks. Just reading it makes me smile I'd like to make a toast, to all the people out there who will be remembered as "the one who laughed". If I ever win an award, that's going in my speech. So listen for it!
Posts: 103 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.