Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » What is wrong with me???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is wrong with me???
Sweet_Dreamy_Gurlie
Neophyte
Member # 8231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet_Dreamy_Gurlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never said that to anyone, and highly doubt I ever will, but since you don't know me here, I thought I'd aks you, do you think I"m abnormal? I'm imagining myself in the worst situations: like having a cancer, being a druggie, commiting suicide, being raped... I don't want it to happen, but I"m thinking about it... imagining what would people from my surrounding do... I hate it, but those thoughts just come to me!!! Is there something wrong with me...?

------------------
Heros get remembered. But legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong

Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
earth girl
Neophyte
Member # 7759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for earth girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, not at all.

Everyone has moments where their imagination goes overtime - I know I do, especially when I'm suffering with insomnia.

I guess it proves you have good self-awareness and know what you don't want to become.

Try not to dwell on thoughts like that, and you'll be fine.

Posts: 36 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in the words of tinkerbell "think happy thoughts."

really. flush out the negativiy in your mind by thinking about good stuff. it'll make you feel better through and though.

------------------
Color is for crayons, not for people.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
in the words of tinkerbell "think happy thoughts."

That was peter, tinkerbell never talked.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
d'oh!

that was homer simpson.

------------------
Color is for crayons, not for people.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet_Dreamy_Gurlie
Neophyte
Member # 8231

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sweet_Dreamy_Gurlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you guys so much... thank you, thank you, thank you! I thought I"m insane or something...

------------------
Heros get remembered. But legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong

Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heder
Activist
Member # 3532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tinkerbell talked in hook. and she sed think happy thoughts too.

------------------
I think this boy's cheese slid off his cracker - The Green Mile

Posts: 49 | From: winnipeg,mb,canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bethy
Neophyte
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bethy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are perfectly normal. I've done the same thing; but it's not a good thing, although it IS normal.

logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to say: if you can't control these thoughts at all and they're stopping you from getting on with your life, it could be a sign of an anxiety disorder or clinical depression or something like that. In that case, you should talk to your doctor, who should be able to help (anxiety and depression are pretty common and pretty treatable - you'll find lots of people on the boards here who have them or have had them at some point).
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreveryoung
Activist
Member # 7990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreveryoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your normal

I used to have cronich anxiety, i worried about everything. I just kind of stoped overtime though. Try to think positive.

------------------

*****@nna-Christine*****

Posts: 87 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet_Dreamy_Gurlie
Neophyte
Member # 8231

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet_Dreamy_Gurlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if they're stoping my life... I mean, I usually don't control them, but I've never wondered what's their inpact on my life... I mean, I'm always nervous, simple things can drive me crazy and I almost incessant feel some kind of fear inside of me, but I can't tell where does it come from, and I think I've had it even before those thoghts started coming to me.

------------------

froggish
Activist
Member # 6370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, the same thing happens to me! Usually it's when I'm driving, for example, and I totally imagine a horrible crash with the car flipping over and everyone dying...or if I'm on the El train, I imagine it running off the track, again with the dying...I haven't a clue if this is "normal", but I do know that I experience these thoughts (uncontrollable, like, I don't think it on purpose) when I'm under a lot of stress or anxiety in life. Perhaps you can talk to a counselor or someone? You may even want to mention something to a parent or a good friend - if they care about you, they shouldn't think that you're crazy. (although...I told my mom about this and she was like, "oh honey, it's normal to be worried about car accidents, keeps ya on your toes" which wasn't exactly the issue. Heh.) Good luck!

------------------
~*frog*~

Posts: 41 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet_Dreamy_Gurlie
Neophyte
Member # 8231

That's good to know I"m not the only one... And I doubt I'll ever get the courage to tell anyone... I'm too scared they will hate me... But now that I know it's probably nothing wrong, I think I can handle Thank you Frog (sorry, don't know your name), you really helped me

------------------

FalconWing
Neophyte
Member # 7090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FalconWing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've heard a thing about people who think themselves into terrible situations. Believe me it is normal and you know that you don't want to really be in those situations but maybe your curiosity gets a hold of you, and sometimes it is good to think like that, because then you could feel a little fear and reality of tht and further know how someone who has been in that situations feels.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.