Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » freaky nightmare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: freaky nightmare
somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somewhatanonymous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugg, I just had a freaky ass nightmare. I got a woman pregnant, and the woman and her mother, and her best friend (who I also had sex with, and she THOUGHT she was pregnant for awhile, but then she wasn't... dreams are really weird) kept trying to talk to me about it, except all they were trying to do was get me to warm up to the idea of being a father. Except I couldn't figure out why they wanted me to be a father figure as I barely new them and kept telling them that I didn't want to be a father. And the lady started hanging out with me all the time, like we were going out except she never asked me out. And they were all really nice to me, which was weird because I was completely uncooperative about the whole fatherhood thing and told them that I was going to take off just before it was born and they would never find me. And they never got mad at me, just kept trying to convince me to stay...
Posts: 141 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somewhat, this sort of post -- a personal narrative in which a question isn't being asked, nor is it pertinent to sex education -- should be put in a Village People thread. Not in the general boards.

When you've done that, please let us know and I'll delete this post.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somewhatanonymous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why am I having such weird as dreams about things that make me uncomfortable about having sex when I'm not even having sex with anyone?

(sorry Heather, that was supposed to be the question I was getting to but I got distracted when SHE messaged me and lost track of what I was doing)

Posts: 141 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe this dream isn't really about sex at all. I'd read this as being about surprise when your hostility is met with friendliness and acceptance by a group of people you don't even know that well, but I could be wrong.

------------------
Why scream and shout when you know it's true?
Why fall in love when there's better things to do?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

I had not even considered that the sex/pregnancy might be an inconsiquential detail of the dream. You may be on to something because there was another part that had nothing to do with sex where I noted how everyone just absolutely refused to treat me like an outsider no matter what I did. It made me uncomfortable to have people being that nice to me...

And you know what, that reminds me of some people: Lexi and Layne. The most awesome twins in the universe. They NEVER treat me like I don't fit in. Sometimes I'm scared that they are just pretending to be nice to me, like in the dream where I was afraid that they were just being nice to me so that I wouldn't run away and they could stick me with the bill and the responsibility for the baby...

Although part of what was really bothering me about the dream was that everytime they tried to talk to me about the baby we never discussed wether or not she had been on birth control (I had used condoms), or the possibilities of abortion or adoption, or wether or not she had even had any other sexual partners recently and if they were so sure that it was mine. All things that I should have asked her PRIOR to having had sex with her. Something that I've been really bad about and makes me freak out all the time after I have sex with someone and then I have to ask them after the fact. Something that I'm really, REALLY trying to avoid ever happening again.

I didn't even begin to scratch the surfice of all the things that were going on in this dream that upset me. As the dream progressed the lady who was pregnant with what was assumed to be my baby was being really nice to me, like she really liked me and wanted to be in a monogamous, forever type sexual relationship, other than just wanting me to support her and help her rais the baby, the reason I didn't believ her, I couldn't understand WHY she felt that way about me. I barely even knew her and was threatening to abandon her with the baby which would totally screw her over. I liked, but I didn't love her, and certainly didn't want that kind of relationship with her. She should have hated me for beign such a jerk, but instead she really loved me. Which reminds me of michelle, the girl I met at the Con and treated like complete crap who fell in love with me for no appearant reason.

On an unrelated sidenote: there were blacklights EVERYWHERE in my dream. I just did a bunch of research on blackligh fixtures the day before so I guess that leaked in there somehow too.

Why can't I just have regular nightmares where I'm running from the boogyman?

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.