Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bodyhair (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Bodyhair
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i shave a lot. i wish i didn't. well, actually, i like shaving my legs- it feels nice and smooth and soft. but as for my armpits- i'd absolutely love to grow that hair out, but unfortunately i can't bring myself to do it. shaving my armpits is the biggest hassle. i always, without fail, get horrible razor burn there, and it's so so itchy. i like how it looks though. i don't have a problem with hairy people.

since i am recovering from anorexia, i have something called lanugo- which, by the way, i learned about at scarleteen . but so i have a lot of hair on my stomach, back, and arms. it's very thin hair though, and blonde, so you can't really see it at all, but you can feel it. i tried to shave the stomach hair a few months ago, and then when i was with my boyfriend later, he was like kissing my stomach- and he was like, "your stomach is like, sharp". hahaha. but yeah, lanugo sucks. but i wouldn't ever shave my arm, back, ass, or stomach hair again, because it just grows back sticking straight out instead of laying flat. not good. so anyways, that's my feeling on body hair.

and as for the bearded lady- that takes guts, man. i wish i could be that gutsy. oh well. but anyways, how could she grow a beard? i've never had to take care of facial hair. i know that some people bleach or wax their lip, but i never knew women could have a beard. is it some genetic problem? i knew there were bearded ladies in the "freak shows", but i thought it was fake, i guess. well anywho...

------------------
"i just found out there's no such thing as the real world/ just a lie you've got to rise above" John Mayer

Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwistedPyroGirl
Neophyte
Member # 7117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwistedPyroGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry to post twice! i thought it didn't go through. teehee.

------------------
~**Pamela**~

Posts: 19 | From: tulsa, ok USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, just a note twisted...you can edit your message by pressing one of the 3 little icons at the top of your post. Where it has a little piece of paper and a pencil on it, click that, and edit away!

------------------
"No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her'-Jeff Murdock

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miss Thang: yes, as far as I know, it's pretty rare for women to grow a full beard. I've heard that it's possible to encourage beard growth by repeatedly shaving your face, but some women do grow them naturally. Some people are just hairier than others.
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Accidental double-posting isn't something to worry about. I have special powers which enable me to delete stuff, and I use them wisely. *g*
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilfran14
Activist
Member # 6858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilfran14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i myself find it very gross, and most of my guy friends find it very unattractive. no guy wants to date a girl with little hairs sticking out from under places, or even facial hair that girls sometimes get very lightly, i really hate that, so i pluck those as fast as i can.

------------------
~*Katie Frances*~
"No i dont want to meet ur friends,
and i dont want to start over again
i just want my life to be the same just like it
use to be"

"In the land of the free, home of the brave, why is it that i still feel like a slave.?"

Posts: 183 | From: Buffalo, NY :) | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yo, lilfran, I have to take issue with this:

quote:
no guy wants to date a girl with little hairs sticking out from under places, or even facial hair that girls sometimes get very lightly

I've just asked one guy and he said he definitely didn't mind, and then he even kissed me.

So, sorry to throw off your statistics, but it's obvious that not every guy feels this way. And let's remember not to make any disparaging comments or sweeping generalizations, okay?

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

this is what you get for liking it.
"Sebastian, you're in a mess, you had a dream they called you king of all the hipsters - is it true or are you still the queen?" --Belle and Sebastian, "Put The Book Back On The Shelf"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually my (male) partner loves my body hair and finds it rather sexy. Which is a Good Thing because I love it too and have no intention of removing it.

I'm simply more comfortable this way. Since I love my body hair I never look in the mirror and see something that needs to be changed - even after not shaving for nearly four years.

That is especially cool since I can still *clearly* remember the days of poor self esteem I had in middle school. Everything in that mirror needed to be changed back then.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punknpretty
Neophyte
Member # 7292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for punknpretty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have issues with body hair, though I do shave my legs, underarms, and some pubes. I shave under my arms on a reg. basis because it bothers me when I am sleeping, and I shave my legs when I feel the urge or am going to wear shorts/skirt. My pubes on the other hand I shave, well more like keep in check because one time they got stuck in a zipper. can we say OUCH? But who cares anyway? Hair is naturel, if you want it then keep it and if you don't there is always a gillette razor (sp?)

Posts: 15 | From: Gastonia, North Carolina, United States | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelsbels
Neophyte
Member # 7341

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kelsbels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm really confused about where exactly pubic hair is suppossed to grow. I'm afraid i might be abnormal and have hair growing way too far down there...like on the lips..i know this might sound gross, but i have been so severely insecure about this forever and i've only let one guy touch me down there and i wish i could get some answers so maybe i can be more self-confident...thanks!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kels, female pubic hair is found on the mons (pubic triangle; fleshy bit at the top), outer labia, around the anus, and sometimes the inner thighs. And it's more apparent on some people than others. You sound absolutely normal to me.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Shy One
Activist
Member # 6815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Shy One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm big on the hair removal situation. I shave my legs whenever they are going to be seen, which means the days I have gymnastics, or almost everyday in the summer. (If I don't get them waxed)

I get my eyebrows waxed whenever they need it, which is about once a month or so. I could tweeze them, but I don't trust myself. I'm afraid I'd go tweeze happy It's easier for me to pay $7 and get them waxed.

Underarms: Whenever there is hair there. Every other day I guess.

Bikini line: In the summer, or if I have a gymnastics competition and have to wear those dumb suits.

The Shy One

Posts: 94 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scorpio
Activist
Member # 4154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well like a bunch of people here i started shaving when i was 13. I started because everyone else was doing it which made me embarassed to have hairy legs and arm pits. Well it didn't last long. 8 months ago i finaly started to realize i don't care what others do or think of me. I didn't enjoy shaving my legs so i stopped. I grew to love my hairy legs really fast. It feels really natural and i love how it looks. I shave my arm pits occasionally. Arm pit hair doesn't bother me anymore. Also on me it doesn't grow very fast at all for some reason. It was weird; the time i started shavingw as the exact same time i met my boyfriend. He likes my hairy leg which is nice

My opinion on bodyhair on guys is that to me if they have it thats cool and if they don't thats cool too. My boyfriend has all the normal body hair for guys. He doesn't have a hairy chest or back though. He actually has grown out his beard which i really enjoy!

Posts: 83 | From: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vodou
Neophyte
Member # 7486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vodou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to cycle alot in Africa...it was a wise idea to shave your legs (even though im male) but not only cuaz i used to cycle but in African bush...you dont wanna know what sits in your hair(eek!).those days are over now and i dont shave my legs.But i have once attempted to shave my pubs..(NOT A GOOD IDEA)i was really itchy???and it just didnt look right!

But i really like a woman to shave under her arms...and i dont mind her pubs if she has a few but not alot..i think she should shave then!

Posts: 4 | From: Belgium | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
about the Nads and the boyfriends

i have used Nads, and it's not so bad. It's not great, but what method of hair removal isn't without its share of drawbacks?

as for the boyfriend, i used to shave compulsively if i was going out with a boy. i was afraid he'd be repulsed by my cactus legs. but after dating one guys steadily for 6 months, i stopped caring since he had laready seen me in worse conditions. and he really didn't care. even when i let my legs get really hairy, i asked, "does this bother you at all (pointing to the legs)?" and he just shrugged and said no.

i did shave shortly thereafter for the reason that it was getting horribly uncomfortable. it's like velcro on my jeans. not great under panty hose, either, with it all sticking out and/or getting smushed.

------------------
oh, don't even po-mo me, baby...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Vodou, why should a woman shave her pubic hair if you don't? That doesn't seem quite fair to me.
Lil' Love 1
Neophyte
Member # 7595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lil' Love 1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I see some light hairs in between my eyebrows, I grab the tweezers and pluck them out. It doesn't hurt too bad for me.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punknpretty
Neophyte
Member # 7292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for punknpretty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand how some guys who have a lot of body hair get freaked when they see that a girl has body hair. My ex. once touched my knee and I hadn't shaved for I guess two days and he had a flipping fit. ::rolling eyes:: Really, its hair people...its natural, its going to be there, and if you remove it, it will grow back. Just had to vent about that.

Jay

"If sarcasm was an art, that would make me pretty talented then."

Posts: 15 | From: Gastonia, North Carolina, United States | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 10 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a girl and I don't shave my legs. A lot of people at my school think it's weird that I don't, especially boys. Personally, I think that it's your own decision whether you do or not and I think that since God gave me hair on my legs, it's there for a reason. Also, shaving or waxing takes time that I could be using to do something else. I get called a 'bloke' for not shaving my legs, but I refuse to be forced into doing something just because most other girls do it. *lotsa hugs from da bajjah*
Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good on you Badger.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stud69
Neophyte
Member # 7828

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Stud69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
some men hate hair on their body besides their face and head.MAny like me hate pubes and it hurts if you shave,wax,etc...but men get hair in places were it shouldn't be F.E.around their butts or back of thigh where the hamstring is. It sucks when you got hair there cause sometimes it itches against your underwear.

god didnt make coke god didnt make pepsi but god made me oh so sexy.

Posts: 9 | From: tacoma | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breakingarm
Neophyte
Member # 5906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breakingarm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im a man and i like my budy hair.
Posts: 17 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stud69:
...but men get hair in places were it shouldn't be F.E.around their butts or back of thigh where the hamstring is.
[B]

FYI, a lot of girls get hair there too, they just tend to get a little less, depending on the person of course.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

[b]Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

[This message has been edited by Celtic Daisy (edited 04-16-2002).]

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robyn2
Neophyte
Member # 7684

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Robyn2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I lived in Europe for awhile, and girls there usually don't shave their armpits. I'm 16 yrs. old and quit shaving my pits. My hair there is blonde. Some other girls tease me about it, but they are the ignorant ones.
Posts: 16 | From: Torrance, CA, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stargoddess
Neophyte
Member # 7901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stargoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally don't like body hair and I wish I didn't have any, but the fact is that I do and everyone does b/c its a natural part of life. I do however shave my underarms every morning b/c I love to wear tank tops and I don't like the sight of stubble under there. I also shave my legs but if I wear pants every day of the week I will only shave once b/c it's to much work to shave constantly if your not even showing the skin. But when I wear skirts or shorts I instantly shave all the unwanted stubble. But I love the silky feel so thats what I think!

------------------
...·:*¨¨*:·.StarGoddess.·:*¨¨*:·...

Posts: 10 | From: CA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lil' GreenBean Nose
Neophyte
Member # 7016

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Lil' GreenBean Nose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think its pretty much jes personal opinion. I really dislike hair. I wish I could jes wrap my whole body, with the exception of my head, in a huge thing of wax and become hairless. I shave my arms, my underarms, my legs, and various other places. But, the only thing is, I tend to be to lazy to shave how i want to, so I end up shaving my legs only when I know someone else will see them. My hair grows back really fast too. And when I do shave my legs, at the bottom, it looks like there is still hair there when there isn't. Does anyone know anything I can do about that?
Posts: 10 | From: Alabama | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vinnie Tesla
Neophyte
Member # 8041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vinnie Tesla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you say, Jade, we boys don't have to worry about it nearly as much. I grew a beard partially 'cause shaving is a pain in the neck. My chest hair is noticably asymmetrical--quite sparse around one nipple, thicker around the other--but I'm not particularly self-concious about it.

My responses to body hair on women are weird and inconsistent.

Underarm hair on a woman is a turn-on to me. It suggests that the woman is unconventional and sensual.

Leg hair in moderation doesn't bother me a bit. Thick black hair, particularly on a pale-skinned woman can be a little offputting to me, but it's not a big deal.

Facial hair on a woman makes me uncomfortable. I feel a little guilty about it, but that's my gut response.

Posts: 21 | From: Somewhere near Boston | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i hate my body hair. i have dark dark brown hair and its really long. i have it on my: arms legs underarms back stomach butt feet, basically anywhere you can get hair i have it. i hate it. it really annoys me. i shaved my arms this year once and once last year. i want to just make my body hair lighter colored so you couldnt see it as much.
Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. . . I guess for a girl I'm on the medium side of hairy. Not too bad. If I know I'm wearing something that causes no one to see it, I could care less. But otherwise I generally shave. I tend to like feeling smoother, though, regardless.
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bethy
Neophyte
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bethy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly think that it is a personal decision that each person needs to make for themselves. I don’t think that there is a “right” or “wrong” answer.

For me personally… I do shave my armpits because I can’t stand the way it feels if I don’t. I normally shave my legs about once a week in the winter (hey, I wear long pants most of the time anyways, so what’s it matter?) In the winter, if I want to wear a short skirt or anything that would show my legs, I normally shave then. In the summer, I shave a little bit more, normally about 2-3 times a week. I don’t shave my pubic hair – ouch!

I think when you make your own personal decision on whether you are/aren’t going to shave, it should be a decision made by YOU and not influenced by anyone else (although I know that it’s hard to be young and be teased and “not fit in.”)

Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i_think_i_love_him
Neophyte
Member # 8251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for i_think_i_love_him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i shave everything and im sorry if some of you didnt want to know that but i like to be soft!
i think that shaveing is your choice and if you dont want to do it then dont! the most nasty thing about hair on a guy(i think)is hair on his back its juat grose!!!!!!

------------------
Chas

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OoMEoO
Activist
Member # 6026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OoMEoO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shave my arms, legs, armpits, and pubic area. I just HATE being hairy it makes me feel really dirty!
Posts: 118 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

There's nothing gross about back hair!
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just made the decision to stop shaving three days ago.

#1: It takes up so much time
#2: I always get little red bumps and cuts where I shave
#3: It hurts when I haven't shaved my thights in a while and the stubble from each leg rubs against each other
#4: It's expensive to keep a supply of shaving cream!

To be honest, the idea of not shaving didn't even occur to me until this week. Every woman that I am close with shaves routinely; I've always thought it a mandatory thing for some reason. But now I realize that I have options in this world, and I don't have to do what everyone else does. So I'm doing this for myself to get more comfortable with my body and to save myself a lot of discomfort.

I've been very aware of my hair since it began growing in more places and got darker during puberty. I was ashamed of it and worried about people seeing it. But I'm trying to accept myself now (even though it can be hard when we're exposed to so many pictures of thin, beautiful, hairless women), and by not denying who I am by shaving, I'm accepting my hair as a part of me.

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daria
Neophyte
Member # 7460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm well I'm pretty hairy. It's blonde, but I always feel theres just to much. I am always concerned that EVERY guy thinks hair is gross, and that we woman should be hairless like all those models we see in magazines and such. but after reading all these posts, my confidence about my body hair is better, and i see that not all guys mind hair.
Posts: 12 | From: WA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.