Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bodyhair (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Bodyhair
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's talk about body hair (now there's an invitation you don't get every day!)

We all have it some degree or another. Adverts would have us believe that it's the bain of every woman's life, whilst some people say that like anything else natural to us, it should be considered beautiful. Some cultures tend to be shocked by the sight of one or two stray armpit hairs, whilst in others it's perfectly acceptable to be rather bushy.

But how do you feel about yours? Can you live with a bit of undergrowth where no one sees it? Or do you grab the tweezers at the first opportunity? Have you learnt to accept it as part of you, or do you find it a bit 'gross'?

Whilst I suppose I'm mainly aiming this at females, males welcome too. Although hairy men may be more socially acceptable, I'm sure you all still have your own opinions on your body hair.

Questions, comments, anything you want to get off your chest about bodyhair-let's make this into the definitive hairy thread. Because everybody has it, and we sometimes need to talk about it!

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I work as a lifeguard, so I'm required to remove body hair that shows outside my swimsuit. I never received a notice that said "Females must use dilapitory methods" or anything, but it would definietly be considered inappropriate. Besides, many small children (and some of the teenagers I've encountered) would be shocked to see a woman with body hair showing. Hehe, I distinctly remember a seven year old asking me why women didn't have hair on their legs once .
But if I didn't work as a lifeguard, I'd probably shave about once a week and have stubble most of the time. If I don't shave, then, well, my legs are far too...distracting. I'm like "Hey! Look! My legs are stubbly! I'm going to tug on it now just because it's there..." I am indeed easily amused.
I personally have no preference for body hair or none for women. Either way is perfectly acceptable.

------------------
Ash
Scarleteen Advocate

"If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming."
--Goethe

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Activist
Member # 3426

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started shaving my legs when I was 13 because the other girls in my gym class made fun of me. I stopped when I was 20 because I realized that the opinions of the girls who were in my gym class when I was 13 didn't matter to me anymore.

My mom flipped out when I came home from college that summer with hairy legs. She kept talking about my "new grooming habits...or lack thereof." She said that whenever she sees a woman who doesn't shave, she thinks of her as a weirdo hippie who's trying to make a statement, or worse (gasp!) a lesbian. Now, I certainly don't have a problem with people thinking I'm either of those things.

The way I see it, the more women there are who don't shave, the more socially acceptable it will be for women not to shave. I know that I, personally, only really realized that not shaving was an option when I saw several other girls in my dorm who didn't shave, and everybody seemed to be perfectly cool with them. So hey, fuzzy-legged women of the world unite!

Posts: 107 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to add here that one of the most strikingly beautiful women I have ever seen in my life was a woman with a beard she did NOT shave.

And I'm pretty certain that without it, she wouldn't have had half the effect on me that she did.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kite
Activist
Member # 5957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shave my legs and armpits. I do it because I like the smooth feeling I get, and because I really like razors and shaving cream

I think far too much is usually made of body hair. People on both extremes see it or its absence as a major statement. It's just hair, for crying out loud. If somebody wants to be bushy, it's their right, and if somebody wants to be smooth, they're not less feminist because of it.

Posts: 127 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right on, Kite. It's not a statement of anything but 1) my laziness 2) my unwillingness to spend money on razors and shaving cream and 3) okay, okay, so I like having fur. ;]

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

this is what you get for liking it.
"Sebastian, you're in a mess, you had a dream they called you king of all the hipsters - is it true or are you still the queen?" --Belle and Sebastian, "Put The Book Back On The Shelf"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
It depends on where men are hairy to be socially acceptable. Remember, most guys spend a part of their mornings standing in front of a mirror and scraping away at their faces with a sharp blade.

(Does this mean that most men want to look pre-pubescent?)

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a shaver, a trimmer, a tweezer, or a plucker. I got out of those habits when I was pregnant with my son (too hard to bend down to shave my legs, putting my arms up to shave under them made me dizzy, couldn't stand long enough without my feet swelling to do my eyebrows, etc etc etc) and just haven't started doing any of it again. I was a little worried at first about how my partner would handle it, but I knew my worries were unfounded one day when he was smoothing down the fuzz on my legs and said that he really liked how it felt.

I really appreciate the amount of bathroom time I've saved, and I feel so much more comfortable and "natural".

So, yay for fuzzies

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, there are more fuzzy furry women here than I've ever met in my whole life. *smirk*
Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While i'm not obsessive about whether i've shaved, in my personal opinion it's completely up to each individual woman or man. Yes, i think i look better with shaved legs and underarms, but not everyone does, or even cares. I see no problem with shaving, and while i'm not overly keen on a lot of hair (various reasons) i think it's completely up to you.
I really don't find shaving to be too much of a problem.

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
la jaunty bohemian
Activist
Member # 5735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for la jaunty bohemian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Word up, Laura!

I too started shaving at 13 [on my birthday, in the winter, which was a silly idea] because I noticed how often fuzzy girls were made fun of. Already pretty low on the social ladder, I didn't need another "flaw."

I went to an all-girls Catholic high school where we had to wear uniform dresses all year long. While I was often lazy and furry, I felt really self-conscious with my hairy knees. Girls who don't shave get looks. Usually not good ones.

I kept on shaving until I got to college and fell in love with my genderqueer lover and started identifying as a lesbian. I remember one of the first times I saw my love without a shirt... hairy armpits, hairy legs but a female body. I was floored at how incredibly powerful and frickin' HOT she looked. I decided I also wanted to look so butch and self-confident and totally hot. [::shivers:: so hot!]

I haven't shaved in about 6 months and am a hairy lady. Woo!

Over the winter I was going to a family party and wanted to wear a sleevless dress. Not wanting to cause familial uproar, I decided to shave under my arms. Halfway through the first pit, however, I got so frustrated and sad that I was changing to be "acceptable" I started to cry. It felt like I was losing a part of my identity.

Fed up, I said f*** it, and I wore a different top. I'm swearing never to shave for someone else again. I felt full of good strong dyke-power. It was awesome.

So, yay body hair. I still get comments on it, but here at college they're not ones of disgust but more curiosity. And I'm totally fine with that. Yep, I'm a bear. That's me. Grrrr!

[This message has been edited by la jaunty bohemian because she still can't spell(edited 02-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by la jaunty bohemian (edited 02-23-2002).]

Posts: 105 | From: Baltimore, MD, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

But hey, something else I was thinking of: Why is it that hairy legs don't bother me, but I bleach my mustache?

Especially when bleaching it entails chemicals, mixing, and 10 minutes of burning pain? Bah.

Anyone know of a good, "gentle-yet-effective" facial hair bleach?

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i started shaving when i was 13, too -- after my mother forbade me to do so, but i had to put up with taunting at school. when you're 13, you're just not immune to taunting.

i shave when i want my legs to be smooth. i like that feeling. but i don't shave too often because right now, i'm not wearing shorts, so why irritate my skin? i've been shaving under my arms since i was 12 or so. i still do on a fairly regular basis. but it itches like the dickens the day after
when the stubble comes in.

------------------
straddle the fine line between profundity and profanity...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember when i started shaving, around 13 i think. I don't really care about my legs, i do them once a month usually in winter. And some more in summer because i wear skirts and i the way it looks better.

I definatly do my under arms because i find it really uncomfortable if i don't.

I don't really have a problem with body hair. It's there and it's part of me and i deal with it when i feel the need.

------------------
"No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her'-Jeff Murdock

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started shaving when I was twelve, and stopped when I was thirteen. I started because I felt like it was a requirement, and stopped because it bothered my girlfriend. Oh, the irony.

After I broke up with her, I continued not shaving. I felt like it identified me somewhat as a lesbian, that any girl that I would like would probably like hair, and that it would make me less of a feminist to shave.

After about a year of that, I realized that I was bisexual, and at the same time stopped worrying about what everyone else thought of me so much. I still didn't shave, but at that point it was just because that was my personal choice. I liked the hair, it was soft and nice.

A few weeks ago, I was home alone and incredibly bored, and also curious as to what some parts of me would look like hairless, as I hadn't seen my vulva hairless since before puberty. I shaved my leg hair, my pubic hair, and my underarm hair. What a freaking disaster. I was in immense pain for a little over a week because the stubble was rubbing hard against my inner labia. Ouch! My underarms itched, and my legs were fine. The moral of the story is, Yalith is never shaving her pubic hair again in her life. And no armpit or leg shaving in the near future, although I'm not quite as against the idea.

------------------
"I'll be a Venus on a chocolate clamshell rising on a sea of marshmallow foam."
-Hedwig

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shave, but not for other people. I do it because it makes me feel better. Er, that kinda contradicted itself.

I can't stand having hairy legs, it just drives me insane. Hairy armpits are the pits (heh), it itches like crazy everytime I move my arms if I don't for a week or so.

I just plain don't care for hair too much at all. I like for guys to shave their legs. Male leg hair is sorta gross. I used to shave my arms, too, but I stopped. Who cares if my arms are hairy? I use Facial Nair on my upper lip. That's kinda gross if I don't.

------------------
If you forgive others the wrongs they have done to you, your Father in heaven will also forgive you. (blog)

Don't Mess With Texas

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have come to accept the fact that i have body hair everywhere... but that doesnt stop me from shaving/plucking it off =) lol... my eyebrows i only pluck when they get pretty bad... like at least 10 stray hairs... uhhh... armpit i try to keep nice and shaved always... my stomach gets hair on it too (yuckie...) so i shave that off... but only when i'm planning of wearing low riser pants... or going to a club... and my legs i really dont care about at all... unless its summer... i'm usually too lazy to shave my legs in the winter... which is good that its cold and i can wear pants... and the summer... i shave but not all the time... so i wear pants once in awhile then too... i would shave like almost everyday except for:
- super dry legs
- i cut myself 5 million times (ouchies!!!!)
- its so damn time consuming and the water gets as cold as ice... (brrrr!!!!)
lol yup... so thats my input of hair

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indigodazed
Activist
Member # 6681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indigodazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't usually shave my legs. Only if I'm going to be wearing a dress or skirt (which is not often). I shave my pits because it's easier to keep them un-smelly. At one point I shaved my pubic hair and regreted it so much - it itched and burned, and I've never done it since. I've never plucked my eyebrows, it just sounds way too painful for me. I'm comfort girl. The hair that I cut most often is what's on my head. When I'm bored I just pull out the scissors and start chopping away. I always end up with some pretty interesting if slightly uneven hair cuts.
Posts: 57 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yuck yuck yuck! Bodyhair! I hate it with a passion! I shave everywhere!!! Like three times a week I'm out iwht my razor and its gone! I just hate the whole furry thing!I don't think I oculd ever go out with someone who didn't shave! I don't think its anything to do with how I look to other people, I just have a genuine phobia of bodyhair. My sister is the same! Urgh, I get the creeeps just thinking about it. No offense to women who don't shave but I just can't stand it. I've been shaving since I was 13. You have never seen any kid with as much hair as I had. My legs were so hairy. And now, my arms are covered in thick blond hairs since I went very thin so its a nightmare!
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwistedPyroGirl
Neophyte
Member # 7117

Icon 10 posted      Profile for TwistedPyroGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey first, I'm new, so yeah, hi. Next...How do I feel about my body hair? *Checks things out* I am ok with it when it's on my legs (but just a bit, not like a jungle) I always shave my underarms though. I started shaving them when I was about 13. Hair under them just bothers me. And I am gonna keep my pubic hair around, I feel wrong without it. I also like smooth guys. A smooth chest is just plain sexy. Hair on a guys arms and legs is alright with me, but not real fluffy and in the way. I don't think I explained that right but, eh, I just woke up.

------------------
~**Pamela**~

Posts: 19 | From: tulsa, ok USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love my body hair, usually. I've never shaved my legs, but have shaved my armpits 5 or 6 times. In grade 6 most of my friends started shaving, but at that time I had very little hair, and I didn't feel ready to be that grown-up. In junior high I made a conscious decision not to shave, even though it made me feel like an outcast. (Or perhaps, I was already an outcast, so what was one more stigma?)

It felt like every female in the whole world shaved. Ads for razors and hairless girls abounded. I felt powerless. So it was my quiet protest against the silent laws of femininity.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, once we're talking about partners . . .

My boy is very hair, and I think it's really sexy! I love running my fingers through his chest hair. I love feeling how soft his body always is with that extra coat of furry hair. We've also made the amazing discovery that I can make really cool patterns in his hair in the shower. I aim the water at his chest and it makes swirly patterns and stripes. I can get rather artistic on him!

------------------
"I'll be a Venus on a chocolate clamshell rising on a sea of marshmallow foam."
-Hedwig

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I do Shave My Legs, oh about twice a week, except for in the summer.. i shve every day lol
I shave my arm pits EVERY DAY and i even shave my pubic hair, and i pluck my eyebrows! i don't think body hair is gross, or abnormal, if i haven't shaved my legs, I don't care if other girls see, but if a guy saw i would be rather embarrassed!! but shaving can be quite a hassel, On sunday i made a HUGE cut on my leg.. it still stings

[This message has been edited by celery (edited 02-25-2002).]

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey celery, there's no need to be embarrassed if a guy sees your hairy legs-- chances are he has hairy legs too! And if he thinks it's gross, maybe you should wonder about his maturity and hypocrisy levels
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

IT's really funny you say that, Rizzo, since that's what my boyfriend said to me about it. I had asked him timidly if he was ashamed of going out with my hairy legs/etc, and if it grossed him out, and he gave me this really weird look and told me he was already intimately acquainted with hairy legs, thankyouverymuch. ;] And my mother makes a bigger deal of it than my dad does, too. So maybe guys are a little more comfortable with hair, since they tend to have more of it in more places.
Sun Wu
Activist
Member # 7018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sun Wu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty good with my own body hair. I'm not that concerned with body hair on females myself... It's like, I am a very hairy guy, it would be hypocritical for me to make comments about hairy girls. It's annoying, I have tons on my forearms, some on my triceps, stomach, and then this *itty bitty* patch on my chest. Very annoying if you ask me. :P
Posts: 117 | From: Where does my name remind you of? well it's wrong! | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my body hair ... hm. i shave under my arms but not like every day ... prob once or twice a week or whenever i'm gunna wear a sleeveless top. i shave my legs probly twice a week cuz i don't like how the stubble feels - and even less like the idea of my boy feeling it. my boy who is nicely hairless on his chest and has jus the right amounts elsewhere ... i do find that 'tresure trail' some men have -enormously- sexy though...just because i know where it leads!!

-xxo
pandora

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a quick reply to Miz Scarlet: I saw a documentary on body hair a while ago, and there was a bearded woman on it. I thought she was sooo cool I feel like it takes a lot of courage not shaving legs or armpits as a woman in North America, but imagine your face... that's very gutsy.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent!

Honestly, I can't begin to tell you how beautiful this woman was. Part of it is that androgynous peopple have just always been particularly appealing to me. But I think a lot of it (aside of it being the softest-looking beird I've ever seen) was likely what it made me see in her, a very serious bravery to break convention, a lack of fear about her own physical eccentricities, a pride in herself based ON herself.

She was just astounding. I'll never forget her.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zae~Zae
Activist
Member # 2946

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Zae~Zae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shave my legs in the summer time, and i shave my underarms just about all year long. Now I am uses methods of hair removal on my stomach. It is so hairy and I hate that. I don't care too much about other places, but I prefer my stomach area to be smooth and hairless. That's important because I enjoy wearing midriffs, tube tops, and bikinis and tankinis in the summer (it's extremely hot here in the summer).

I wonder, if I plucked enough will the hair in that area stop growing? I might test this!

Question: Has anyone tried NADS?

Posts: 91 | From: South Carolina, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the summer, or anytime i'm going to have bare legs, I shave them. Other places I'm not so meticulous with...I'll shave under my arms every couple of days, because I don't like the idea of hair being there. It just feels odd. In the winter, I generally couldn't care less about having stubble...although, honestly, sometimes I simply *enjoy* shaving...to me there's something very relaxing and calming about the whole process, and i adore the smell of shave gel (am i the only one?!)

quote:
Originally posted by Zae~Zae:
Question: Has anyone tried NADS?

And to Zae~Zae, I tried NADS last summer, and it was basically just messy. It pulled off like 1/2 of the hairs in the space I put the strip on, and while it felt really nice and smooth in those areas for like a week or so after, I don't really think it was worth it, because I wound up still having to shave all the inbetween spots where it didn't get all the hair off. On a side note, though, my bf at the time really wanted to see if it would get the thick dark hair he had on the top of his feet off, because he was so self-conscious about it, and it worked really well for him! So, in my experience, it seems to work better on non-traditional places, like guys' backs and legs and stuff, than it does on a girl's legs...

------------------
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

share your opinion: http://www.geocities.com/tkaterisha/survey.html

Posts: 68 | From: Brooklyn, NY (Ev,IL right now tho) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

re the NADS, that is probably because any form of sugaring or waxing requires that the hair there be quite long, so that the stuff can attach itself to the hair. if you didn't let the hair on your legs grow out to at least 1/4", and better yet, 1/2", it's not going to get all the hair out.
tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't shaved in like 6 weeks, since i did it during the winter. So I'm guessing the hair was probably long enough...But my hair's really fine, maybe that has something to do with it? either way, no more Nads for me

------------------
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

share your opinion: http://www.geocities.com/tkaterisha/survey.html

Posts: 68 | From: Brooklyn, NY (Ev,IL right now tho) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwistedPyroGirl
Neophyte
Member # 7117

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TwistedPyroGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to try NADS, but hey everyone, never use that epilstop stuff. Omg! It smells so horrible, like rank lemons that have been buried in an even ranker garbage can. And it also itches like hell. And sometimes even burns. It's so nasty. What a waste of 75$

------------------
~**Pamela**~

Posts: 19 | From: tulsa, ok USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indigodazed
Activist
Member # 6681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indigodazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never used nads or sugaring or waxing. I've never plucked my eyebrows. I have no tolerance for pain.
Posts: 57 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.