Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Skin Care! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Skin Care!
mememe17
Neophyte
Member # 14211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mememe17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my skin behaves pretty well..lol. i have a shower every morning and use st.ives apricot scrub, and then every night before i go to bed i use oxy pads (the strongest kind - pink i think) hehe it works pretty good.
Posts: 4 | From: London, Ontario, canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kittylouise711
Neophyte
Member # 14134

Icon 14 posted      Profile for kittylouise711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take care of my skin by occasionally (though not on a regular basis) by washing my face with warm water and wild soap. Everyday I use Regular Stridex Facewipes. I used to use Stridex Facewipes for Sensitive Skin with Aloe, but since then I have matured more and my skin has become more tough. Stridex works very well for me. If I didn't use it I don't know what I would do.

As for what I LIKE about my skin, I would have to say that it is tan. I don't lay in the sun for hours or go to tanning booths, though. Just a few days at the beach and pool do it.

Kittylouise711

Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyGurl8706
Activist
Member # 13227

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BabyGurl8706     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sooo sorry I have been gone for about 2 months now.I have been very busy! Im back and Im soo happy I found this thread.I was just thinkin about making a thread about this!
I usually wash my face in the morning either in the shower or just out of the shower with Noxzema w/ Moisturizers in the morning and at night.
I have good skin.THANK GOD!! I am so mean to my skin.It should be paying me back for not taking good care of it.I have tried the face masks but they didnt do a WOW to my skin.It was like I washed it with my cleaneser.Nothing different.I have heard about using oatmeal with honey as a mask.I havent tried it but it sounds good!
I have a friend that has HORRIBLE skin. She had such bad breakouts that her skin never cleared up.Now you can't tell if its zits or scars.I recommended Noxzema and Velocity (Mary Kay) to her but she stuck with water.I told her over and over to get to a dermocologist before her skin starts scarring, but she just said "Nah it wont." I should be a facial cleanser recommeneder (sp?). I might not take good care of my skin but I sure know to use.
I have a problem with my eyelides being dark.Does anyone know how to not make them dark?
Talk later.
BabyGurl

------------------

Don't worry about yesterday for it has passed.Don't Worry about tomorrow for it is in the future.Worry about today for it could be your last.

Posts: 56 | From: Back In The sticks of Missouri | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoever was here telling us to try tea tree oil to clear up acne, well, I tried it...

why the hell didn't you tell me i was gonna smell like an old piece of furniture?!?

this stuff better obliterate my zits

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita18
Activist
Member # 15951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHAHHA! I've heard of that too, but never got around to getting any...

I've actually been using aspirin to exfoliate my skin. Take some of the really really cheap store-brand aspirin (I use 2 of the Walgreens kind) and dissolve into a paste with water right in your palm. Spread over face and let it set. Some people like to wait until it dries, but then the little aspirin particles start falling all over the place. Rub off, and voila! Redness GONE! (That would make sense though, cause aspirin is an anti-inflammatory drug...)

I've also found that little aspirin particles can be a little stubborn to rinse off, so no I just use this when I shower so it really gets rinsed off....

But yes! Since I've started the aspirin mask, my face has less of the big, red pimples that sometimes plague it. Plus, my pores are always clogged and this takes the gunk right out!

Oh, and I'm supposed to say what I like abou my skin. Well, it isn't perfect by any means (I'll always have oil slicks, huge pores and little blemishes all over) but I really like the tone of my skin. It just glows. Or maybe it's the oil, heh. My younger sister has really dry skin and small pores, but the color of her skin looks really dull. (For some reason she gets pimples as well even though her skin is dry...)

Also, I'll thank my oily skin when I'm old. It wrinkles less.

[This message has been edited by Anita18 (edited 10-10-2004).]

Posts: 218 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krikun
Neophyte
Member # 24282

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krikun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking about experimenting with Jan Marini C-ESTA Cream to help out my skin problem I've heard some nice promises about this product; however, I am a bit skeptical about it. Do you know anything about Jan Marini or C-ESTA? Would you recommend me to use it? Are there any other related products that you think I should consider?

Also I was trying to find a nice place to get it. So far google comes up with the following:
http://store.skin--one.com/cestacream1oz.html http://www.makemeheel.com/mmh/product.do?id=11156 http://www.acnewizard.com/product.pl?id=239

Do you have any experience with the above places? If you know of a really nice place to shop for this kind of products, I would be infinitely grateful if you could post it here.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Krikun, are you looking for acne solutions?

It's all over the place now and I know that makes some people skeptical, but I've actually heard wonderful things about Proactive. I have at least four friends who use it and who really like it, so that may be something to look into. I haven't heard of either of the products you brought up, but I've never looked much into anything other over-the-couner skin care. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferrisbuellerismyhero
Neophyte
Member # 24586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferrisbuellerismyhero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
noxema works for me... and after i wash my skin it usually gets dried out but not since i have been using the noxema
Posts: 2 | From: janesville, wi, usa | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I currently use proactive for my face. It works really well. I love it. I've been only using it since March and my skin is really clear.

When I was 15, I was on accutane for a year and half and it kept my skin clean for the rest of my teens until about earlier this year when I started to break out again.

So yeah, Proactive is $$ but is worth it! You'll see stars like Jessica Simpson using it and few others.

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonangel
Neophyte
Member # 24665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm currently using the Biosource exfoliating gel and Aquasource gel intense mosturization from Biotherm. The exfoliating gel is quite effective for me, because it really clear out the impurities and dead cells. If anybody have problem on dead skincells, I will recommend this product. Besides that, using peel-off masks can also lift dead skincells off the skin, as well as helping to speed up the skin renewal process.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.