Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bodies in Context

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bodies in Context
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you find that your body might be viewed differently depending on your social context? For instance, a physical attribute that goes uncommented upon when you're at school say, might be very valuable when playing sport.

If you find that this happens, how do you feel about it? Are you glad that it happens or do you wish that it didn't?

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well...small breasts might be viewed differently in a social context than in sports. Say you have a small bust, that would be quite valuable when playing sports where you have to run around a lot cuz they wouldn't jiggle very much!!

Also, racehorse jockeys are usually pretty small people. This is really valuable when riding a horse because you weigh less. However, in the social context, being small may cause you to be looked down upon.
*mutters to self* Why is that?

------------------
So you call this your free country?
Tell me why it costs so much to live.--3 Doors Down

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. --Chris Slater

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlutterBy01
Neophyte
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlutterBy01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I agree with the sports thing, I got whacked in the boob one too many times while being goalie in soccer. Hurts like a be-otch. But other than that...
Well, at school, having a nice figure, and a nice bra to play up you boobies lol is of course appreciated... but going out shopping or what not I sometimes get dirty looks from women... hey I didn't do anything!!

------------------
"He who has a thousand friends
Has not a friend to spare,
While he who has one enemy
Shall meet him everywhere." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Posts: 21 | From: Boca Raton, Florida, U.S.A. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.