Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Is this 'Ideal'?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this 'Ideal'?
JagTheTeen
Neophyte
Member # 1062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JagTheTeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never actually seen a chart or anything..So here are my vital statistics (Give or take a few lbs or inches)
Height : 5'11"
Weight : 166 lbs
Waist : 34 in
Biceps : 22 in
Upper arm (Forgot name -.-) : Only 11
Shoulder to shoulder : 20 in

Just been wondering, I've been really working out lately..Warm up with 50 jumping jacks, 30 Sit ups, 20 push ups and a 1/4 mile run..Then I lift some weights and run a few miles. Trying to get myself into tip-top shape and keep it!

P.S. This may sound weird, but I've always had a problem with my hair line..It seems high up. I measured, lol, and it is just under 4 inches from the bottom of my eyebrows to my hairline. (By hairline I mean when smoothing back the hair and measuring to where the 'roots' begin.) It's always just seemed strange..Thank you 8)

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as your biceps are concerned, are you talking about the length of your upper arm or the circumference. If it is the latter, you must be built like Arnold Schwartzneger. Otherwise I'd say you sound fairly normal. As far as your hairline is concerned, how much hair does your dad, and probably more importantly, your maternal grandfather/maternal uncles have?
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jag,

you asked whether these measurements were "ideal" and really, chap, a certain measurement doesn't say much, in my humble opinion.

Great, attractive, sexy human beings come in all shapes and sizes. It's great you're active and excercising, but don't obsess about an inch more or less at a certain body part. The most important thing is: Do you feel good?

Whether someone has an inch or two more biceps circumference or whether someone has a higher hairline or less hair, I couldn't care less when I look at the people I find attractive. - However, someone who radiates that (s)he's happy about his or her body and feels good and it home in it - that's something I personally notice immediately and find mighty attrative.

So don't forget: it's good that you track the changes in your bod, but don't just look at the inches and the scale. Look at how you feel and how that feeling improves when you're active.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JagTheTeen
Neophyte
Member # 1062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JagTheTeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe Alaska. Really I meant healthy. 8) Aren't biceps the upper legs? Hehehe. Because that is the circumference of my upper legs..And my legs are easily the most muscular part of my body. I always get confused by Bicep, tricep and all those wonderful ceps. eheheheh
Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
first off: whose ideal?
here at ST, we are big on saying that everyone has a different idea ofwhat is attractive. we're not just saying that 'cause it's politically correct, we're saying it because it's true.

as for what a bicep it, that's the upper side of the upper arm. it's a fairly majorand noticeable muscle. On the back of the upper arm is the tricep, which tends to go overlooked (but also needs a good workout). The front of the thing is called the quadricep ("quads" for short). and the back are the gluteus max and min.

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JagTheTeen
Neophyte
Member # 1062

Errr, I meant healthy. Sowwy about that.. Oh and the circumference for my shoulders (Around the shoulders, across upper chest and back) is actually 46 in. Aka 2 inches under 4 feet. Everywhere I mean circumference (cept height, weight and age heheh
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, okie dokie. there's still a wide range of body types that are acceptable as healthy. And you say you exercise regularly. that sounds about right (assuming you don't subsist on a diet entirely of Chee-tos) You really ought to pay a visit to your doctor for a full check up. He or she can tell you if you really are healthy (blood cholesterol levels, respiratory function, cardiac output, etc.) better than we can, esp. over the internet.

you don't take supplements, do you? a lot of those are seriously bunk. case in point, Mark McGwire touted androstenedione supplements, claiming they helped him play some awesome baseball. Turns out, research proves that androstenedione (closely related to testosterone, and occurs naturally in the male body) does not contribute to muscle growth. instead, it only increases Mark McGwire's chances of developing prostate cancer.

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JagTheTeen
Neophyte
Member # 1062

Hehe, no I don't take any sort of pills or such that do anything like that. I take Prozac and Aderil (sp?) only. ^-^

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.