Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Masturbation??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masturbation??
brainbox1986
Neophyte
Member # 5624

Icon 9 posted      Profile for brainbox1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey

I am 15 years and 4 months old. And I started masturbating 5 months back when I was watching a Blue Film. I don't want to masturbate as my friends say it is harmful to our body. But even after too much controlling myself I masturbate. My height is 5'4" and I dont have moustaches, beards and other developments.

I want to ask that does masturbation effects growth rate of body, I mean stopped increase in height. I am undergoing a height increment program. Pls answer my queries??

Posts: 1 | From: Jaipur, Rajasthan, India | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here at Scarleteen masturbation is certainly not taboo; it's something that gets discussed a lot. Here's an article will give you more information about it: Jerking Off. If you still have questions try using the search function on the message boards.

Enjoy.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, masturbation does not harm you in any way, it does not stunt your growth, and it does help you discover your sexual self. Aside from that, it's the only form of completely safe sex.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 5613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 311     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im not a doctor, but i know for a fact that masturbating will in no way affect your physical development whatsoever, so keep whackin' it!
Posts: 6 | From: Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a poetic description.

------------------
Rap music: keeping the black man down since 1991

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What 311, it doesn't give you hairy palms, make you go blind, send you to H#ll, stunt your growth or give you carpel tunnel syndrome?

Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JagTheTeen
Neophyte
Member # 1062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JagTheTeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What...? Masturbation...make you short..? Oh dear GOD! ALL THE MEN IN THE WORLD ARE GOING TO BECOME MIDGETS! Hehehe just being strange, like usual, in no way does it harm you. It can help you, make you feel better, but never harm you. As long as you are careful, aka don't pull, tug or pinch is a general rule for me, hehehehehe, but then there is some who like that even sooo just erm...explore. ^-^
Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CandyDreams123
Activist
Member # 5593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CandyDreams123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've acutally heard somewhere that the more you ejactulate it will decrease your chances of prostate cancer, so how is masturbation a bad thing???
Posts: 62 | From: TN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as the growth stunting part goes, all I can say is I'm 6'5", and when i was a teen, well lets just say that my favorite toy was always close at hand. (it still is, and I'm 42) I also started much earlier than you did, I suspect that almost 15 is pretty late to start wrestling with the one eyed monster. I suspect that you are mearly a "late bloomer", nothing wrong with that, its just how god made you.
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.