Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » My Vagina Bumps Are WHAT!?!??!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Vagina Bumps Are WHAT!?!??!!
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshleyInABottle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lol I can just hear everyone groaning as they read my subject line...because of all of my various "vagina bumps" posts.

So my mom took me to that dermatologist I was talking about. He examined and questionned me and then thought I had one dermatitis condition, but after realizing my symptoms didn't fit that condition, he diagnosed me with a different one called "Hidradenitis." (SP?) He then prescribed me a medication called Tetracycline. He told me generally what Hidradenitis is, but he didn't go into much detail, and I was too nervous to ask. When I got home I went on as many internet search engines as I could think of to find out more information about "Hidradenitis." To my disappointment, I found no information what so ever. My question is...does anyone have any clue what this dermatitis condition is?? Thanks a bunch.

------------------
"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on, is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~The Crow

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran a quick search on Google, and found a few pages with information. Translated loosely from the medical jargon, it boils down to this: Hidradenitis is a chronic condition affecting the scent or apocrine glands, which causes pimple-like bumps -- it's quite similar to acne. The treatment is usually topical antibiotics, which is what you've been prescribed.

Here's a website with a lot of links to informatative sites, online support groups, and other resources:
http://home.earthlink.net/~aromalady/Hidradenitis.htm

Hope this helps, and I'm glad you found out what it is!

Kyth

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 4 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's actually an inflammation of the SWEAT glands - not scent...

hehe. honest mistake

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.