Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Wart, help.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wart, help.
Adam M
Neophyte
Member # 5586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 17, male, a virgin.

I have a wart on my finger, and have done for about a year.

About 6 months ago i got a wart on end of penis, and another 2 smaller ones sinse then.

I really dont fancy going to a doctor, and dont like telling parents that kind of thing.

Because of the warts, i feel i cant go that bit further with girls, its really lowers my confidence, and makes me feel awful,

can ne one help in ne way at all?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Adam M:
can ne one help in ne way at all?

Yep! A doctor can.

Warts, especially those on the genitals, should be diagnosed and treated by a doctor or a dermatologist. Doctors remove warts using medication, burning, or freezing - I have had them removed in each fashion, and it did not hurt. They did not return after removal.

------------------
How can you not like muffins?!

This surely was the product of a twisted mind.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aria is right, see a doctor. That's the only way you're going to get any real insight into the problem. Especially if you're getting warts in your genitals, it's obviously something you need to get checked out.

When you say "i feel i cant go that bit further with girl"...I'm going to assume that you're talking about going further physically/sexually. I'm not trying to be mean, but if you're not mature enough to go to a doctor, or tell your parents about a health problem, then how does that make you ready for the responsibility that comes with sex/a physical, sexual relationship? If I've mistaken your meaning, I apologize. Just something to think about...

Really, go see a doctor.

------------------
~KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

"Not everything in this magical world is quite what it seems"

"Remember, I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together!"

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 10-17-2001).]

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a footnote to what aria and kitto have said:

Warts in your genital area could very well be caused by Human Papilloma Virus.
For more on that, check out this article here: http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/hpv_2.html
You can have HPV even if you have never had intercourse: Next to vaginal and anal intercuorse, it is also transmitted through skin-to-skin or mucous membrane contact during oral or manual sex.

As to not wanting to get physical or "go a bit further with a girl": that's a great idea, actually.

If you indeed have HPV, you should be aware that it is highly contagious and that you might still transmit HPV, even after all warts have been removed.
Condoms do not offer full protection against HPV either, simply because sometimes warts are on areas that are not covered by a condom.
So before you start being sexually active (again): you absolutely HAVE to get those warts checked out and removed, always practise Safer Sex in all its glory and if those warts turn out to be HPV, you always tell your partner that you had HPV warts. Some strains of HPV can cause cervical cancer in women, and I think that's a risk your partners should know about.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 10-18-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam M
Neophyte
Member # 5586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Panics*

dont like the sound of that at all, suppose i must get it checked it,

I really dont see how i could of caught it, unless born with it, i have never really done ne thing with a girl. Well kissing is as far as i have gone.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No need to panic, just get it checked out.

If you're embarassed to talk to your parents about the warts on your penis, perhaps they'd take you to the doctor for the persistent wart on your finger and you could mention the others to him/her when you get there?

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry, Adam, didn't want to put you in a panic but just make you aware that you should have this treated!

Lady Moonlight had a good idea here, I think, even though I am a big fan of being very honest with parents (especially when your health is concerned). So please, make sure you go to a dermatologist - (s)he can judge (by taking a little sample from your wart) what caused it, can treat it and let you know what you should do then. And even if you find you cannot tell your parents, please don't be embarrassed towards your doc, okay?

Take care.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam M
Neophyte
Member # 5586

i had a new doctor, no idea on name. 2 years ago, never seen her/him (no idea, cant remember).

never seen em sinse we joined the new clinic, so being honest infront of em would be really hard.

ne way i try and think it through, it goes pear shaped.

Trying to find a good time to spring it on me mum, its not happening though....

dont think ill be telling them ne time soon, although i know i should.

lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya gotta remember, though, Adam, that it's your doctor's JOB to help you out - and if s/he doesn't know about something, then s/he isn't going to be able to help you with it.

As for being shy or embarrassed with your doctor, they've seen a zillion patients. They've probably seen whatever you've got a million times before, and they've certainly seen penises of all ages, shapes, sizes, colors, and persuasions. They aren't going to comment on yours, I'd bet.

About telling your mom about it: First of all, I'd go with the "I've got these warts on my hand and they really bother me/hurt, whatever" thing, and then tell the doctor about the warts on your penis. No need for her to know if it has you really concerned. Another thing: what about telling your dad? Are you more comfortable with him?

'Cause you really, really should get this checked out. At the least, warts can be really uncomfortable. At the worst, it could be something you need to catch and treat as soon as possible.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com.
"Did you see my friend? He couldn't believe it, 'The girls are holding hands, the girls are holding hands!' Don't be a fool, it's 1995, the girls are just friends." --Belle and Sebastian, "Photo Jenny"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam M
Neophyte
Member # 5586

nice speech indeed, that did enlighten me a little.

as for telling dad, well thats worse than mum.

But i think ill tell em soon.

Cheers,

Cheers All.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.