Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Stressed Out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stressed Out
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been really stressed out lately. About a year and a half ago, I found out my Dad smokes marijuana. He told us he'd quit, and I believed him, but very recently he got caught and is in a support group inforced by his job. My sister has had 3 major major back operations within the last 3 years, two within a month of each other, and that put me under a lot of stress as well. I feel sad for my Mom because she's not so happy with marriage/life right now, and school has had much impact on this stress as well. I'm afraid all of this stress is going to just bottle up and I'm going to pay for it through a heart attack. Do you think I'm stressed, or just trying to feel sorry for myself? Either way, it's depressing, and I need some ways to forget about everything that's going on. Thanks so much!

------------------
"Only in America, dreamin' in red white and blue. Only in America, where we dream as big as we want to. We all get a chance, everybody gets to dance. Only in America, where we dream as big as we want to..." "Only in America", by Brooks and Dunn

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe you need to find an outlet. a few good ones are: writing, music, meditation, or burying your face in a pillow and screaming for about half an hour. everyone has hardship once in a while, and we all deal in different ways. check out the rest of this forum, as we've got loads of threads about stress. and take care.

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.