Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » A certain feeling...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A certain feeling...
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,

I dunno if this is the place to put this post, but if it needs to be moved it can.

Ok. Well I am in college. I picked a college about an hr away. Im going nuts up here. Its out in the middle of no where, Im far away from home ( I think its far ) and to top it off I have a chronic illness, and it sucks being away when Im sick. I have a bf also.

I come home every wkend. I look forward for fridays. I get so excited. Im in a good mood till sunday afternoon, when I have to come back. When I get back to school. I get in a big mood, and get this feeling in my stomach. Its like a nervous type feeling. I hate it. I dont know how to get rid of it? I try doing things to get my mind off it, but I cant. Its still there.

Any advice guys? thanks alot!

Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get that feeling too sometimes. I haven't gotten it recently. Usually I get it when I have a lot of stuff going on, like work, school, dance, etc. I went to the doctor, and she told me to take Zantac twice a day for my heartburn and my ulcer.. both caused by stress. And I was supposed to start going to counseling for it, but I haven't started yet.
Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did the zantac help you?!?
Posts: 213 | From: *Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, it helped with my ulcer and my heartburn- do you have those problems? you might have them and not even realize it.. especially if you are under a lot of stress or if you feel anxious or nervous- you might wanna go get checked out for that
Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
zantac is primarily for heartburn and acid reflux. if you are feeling fluttery in your stomach or just anxious in general, you might want to talk to your doctor about depression or anxiety. you sound likeyou are flat out pretty miserable where you are, in which case, you might want to go to a counselor on campus, discuss your plight and decide whether transferring to another school might be an option for you. if transferring doesn't sound possible, then you might want to meet with a counselor anyway and discuss what you can do about your anxiety and boredom and how to cope with your illness.

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasper
Activist
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kasper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do have acid reflux, and I take medicine for it.

The problem with anxeity is Ive been on medicine for it before, and it did not agree with me. I kinda had a reaction from it, and was all antsy, and annoyed quickly. Im scared to get medicine for it again, in fear of another reaction. And I have always denied having anxiety, so I would not even know how to bring it up to my mom or doc. Any ideas?

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
don't rely on meds for the anxiety, then. i'm thinking too many ppl try to solve their probs with a pill these days anyway. but i do suggest you maybe talk to a counselor. he or she may be able to recommend some therapies for relieving your anxiety, whether by meditation or otherwise. and why deny anxiety if you know you have it (that is, *if* you know you have it, which is why it's good to talk to someone about it)? denial isn't oging to make the problem go away.

------------------
Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.