Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » lumps and bumps in my underarms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lumps and bumps in my underarms
qtpie058
Neophyte
Member # 5543

Icon 9 posted      Profile for qtpie058     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WEll i guess i will get straight to the point. I have a bump in my right underarm and one in my left underarm. The are a small size and when you look at them on the outside it looks like a pimple but when you touch them they are hard. I hope this is not cancer since i have to bumps in either undearm. and i have heard that cancer only forms in place and starts w/ only one bump. Pleease help me! ps my friend told me it could be a pimple and that i should pop it. i did and it did not help it only hurt when i did that.
Posts: 1 | From: Riverview, Fl, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi qt,

Because no one here is a medical pro and can examine you, I recommend that you stop the guessing and simply head to your GP to have that checked out. Don't sqeeze the bumps, but let the doc decide what to do about them.

While being worried about cancer is good, freaking out is not, these bumps could be something as harmless as a an ingrown hair, fat cysts or (if they are in your armpit), a lymphnode.

So give your doc a call.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 10-14-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had it all planned out as to what i was gonna say and everything and then i realized ... I've done this before!

Here's a thread on bumps like this: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000494.html

------------------
--Hollie West
*~Scarleteen Advocate~*

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.