Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Regret

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Regret
Footballplayer's girl
Neophyte
Member # 4423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footballplayer's girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone get really depressed and regretful right after sex but the next day want to have it again? whats up with me? anyone have some ideas? i love my boyfriend to death so i know i want to have it with him, but i wonder why i get so regretful right away. HELP! thanks.

[This message has been edited by Footballplayer's girl (edited 07-23-2001).]

Posts: 4 | From: Monterey,Ca | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
imho, the regret might be your heart telling you something, but the cravings might be your thighs telling you something else. it's natural to have a libido, that's why we want sex. but if your heart and your mind are telling you something else, i'd have to say listen to them. i mean, why do something that makes you feel upset? and just because you've already had intercourse, doesn't mean you can't think "maybe this isn't for me" and then stop.

and in terms of my own experience, yes, i have reflected on things i've done and realized some mistakes were made, but i tried my darndest to fix those mistakes.

------------------
"And who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great advice from Gummy here.

I agree wholeheartedly with her, it could be your mind telling you something.

Like Gummy, I had occasions too when I had regrets after intercourse or sex - but I, too, fixed or tried to fix what caused these feelings.
After I first had intercourse, I simply stopped again, simply because I realised that I wasn't ready, and that being sexual in that way, in that relationship wasn't good for me. Sometimes it is good and can be best for us to simply take a break from sex with out partner, that doesn't mean we love them less. Sometimes outside circumstances or something happening in your head or life can totally shatter your sex life - and then stopping or a while can be great at helping you clear your head.

So take some time and think about it all, eh?

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.