Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Roller coaster!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roller coaster!
Duff
Activist
Member # 2176

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Duff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, usually i feel pretty happy with the way i look and who i am. No one makes fun of me, my girl-friends compliment me and my boy-friends usually don't saw anything. My weight seems to fluctuate within the same range.

Recently though i've been feeling really bad about everything that has to do with me. I feel totally mental encopatant and unintresting, and physically disgusting. All of my pants are too big on me, my boyfriend said i'm gaining weight, my mom says i'm loseing it and my best friend says i look sick. I feel sick. I eat, and stuff. But when my weight flows up, i feel like a fat blob, and when it sinks down i feel like a skeleton. No matter what when i look in the mirror or communicate with someone i usually feel insecure and bad.

I was relieved when i couldn't visit my boyfriend cuase then he wouldn't be able to see how bad a look. What am i going to do? Whats wrong with me? This is really annouying because i'm used to feeling way better about myself! I hate the way i feel now, and i want to know how to change it.

Posts: 162 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, hun! I'm sorry that you're feeling so bad. Everyone has bad days once in a while- are you sure it's not just something that might pass by in a few days? Or have you been feeling like this for a while, now? If it's something that has been going on for a while, you might want to see a doctor and get it checked out. It's a possibility that you could have some form of depression, and it's always better that you get that treated. Explain to the doctor exactly how you feel- s/he will probably ask you some questions or maybe do some tests (although, they usually don't do any extreme tests when screening for disorders such as depression).

Also, it's always good to talk to somebody and tell them how you're feeling. Confide in your friends or your parents (or any other trustworthy adult) and explain why you're feeling so bad- it usually helps to get things out in the open. Or maybe counseling would be of interest to you? Of course, that's not for everybody, but it may help.

Other than that, I'm not sure what other problems could contribute to your sadness. It's possible that it isn't too serious and that it could disappear in a couple days/weeks- we all have insecurities about our bodies and ourselves that nag at us sometimes. Sometimes it's just worse than at other times. But if those feelings don't go away after a while, or you don't start to feel better, you may want to go see a doctor. It's always better to get a check-up, just in case.

Hope ya feel better soon.~

------------------
*^Lucky^*

"I could rip your eyelid off..."

"No, Don't do it! I need it to seal my plan.."

"Why?"

"Because it's so devious I need to wink."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinBall
Neophyte
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CalvinBall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Duff:
Okay, usually i feel pretty happy with the way i look and who i am. No one makes fun of me, my girl-friends compliment me and my boy-friends usually don't saw anything. My weight seems to fluctuate within the same range.

Recently though i've been feeling really bad about everything that has to do with me. I feel totally mental encopatant and unintresting, and physically disgusting. All of my pants are too big on me, my boyfriend said i'm gaining weight, my mom says i'm loseing it and my best friend says i look sick. I feel sick. I eat, and stuff. But when my weight flows up, i feel like a fat blob, and when it sinks down i feel like a skeleton. No matter what when i look in the mirror or communicate with someone i usually feel insecure and bad.

I was relieved when i couldn't visit my boyfriend cuase then he wouldn't be able to see how bad a look. What am i going to do? Whats wrong with me? This is really annouying because i'm used to feeling way better about myself! I hate the way i feel now, and i want to know how to change it.

To tell you the truth I sometimes feel that way too. I think when people turn a certin age they have the need to see every detail...good and bad. If you think there's something wrong with how much you weigh, try to exercise. Maybe cut back on those fatty foods. And like that other chick said, look to other people for advice. Hope you feel better.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duff
Activist
Member # 2176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot! it only ran for a few more days, i feel a lot better now. Back to the old me! Your words really helped to calm me down though. thank you.
Posts: 162 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.