Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » bikini...........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bikini...........
angel545
Neophyte
Member # 4218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angel545     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm dredding shopping for a bathingsuit. It's not because i don't like my shape, im fairly average, it's because of the hair down there. I just tried nair, but it didnt work that well. i guess I'll have to use it again soon. but does anyone have any suggestions for bikini line hair removal? thanks!
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you must, wax. That's my suggestion.

But what I'd also suggest is that you really have to stop and think if the way your body naturally is is keeping you from simply getting dressed.

If you feel you don't want others to see your body hair, you can also find any number of suits to accomodate that, like suits with boy-short bottoms (esprit makes some highly cute ones).

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angel545
Neophyte
Member # 4218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angel545     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i found the best suit! its a reallllly cute two piece with boy shorts and a halter-like top with a removable strap. its perfect! thanks for your help. if anyone else has any sugestions, keep em coming. thanks!
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a little dangerous to use Nair or other depilitory creams around those sensitive parts?

But I'm glad you found a good suit!

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

If I run by the window real fast no-one will notice I'm naked.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes there's a warning that says "for body use only, do not use on or near genitals" or something like that.

Glad you found a great suit babe

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those lil boy short things are a godsend I have two bikinis and one tankini set thing w/ boy shorts ... So if i'm in the mood for shaving my bikini line, i'll do it. If not, i've always got the boy shorts on hand
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girly2499
Activist
Member # 4188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girly2499     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miz Scarlet:

yeah and if you do this do it at a salon. my friend did it herself with a home waxing kit thing and she hit blood vesels and she said it bruised. ouch.

Posts: 87 | From: nebraska, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XIII months
Activist
Member # 4067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XIII months     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive tried nair, and i found it useless as well. i did however also try neet and it works a lot better. make sure u do the test though if u decide to try. cause it burns like hell if ure alergic! ;o)

------------------
reality is an illusion

Posts: 43 | From: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XIII months
Activist
Member # 4067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XIII months     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mophead:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a little dangerous to use Nair or other depilitory creams around those sensitive parts?

yes, buh if u follow the directions, they tell u where not to put it. if u stick to the "normal coloured" skin, theres no porb. should u get some on the more sensative areas, itll be sore for a few days and burn a little when u urinate because of the damage, buh itll heal quickly. dont let it scare u, u know where ure skin changes!

------------------
reality is an illusion

Posts: 43 | From: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amaranthine
Neophyte
Member # 4243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amaranthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miz Scarlet:

eek! I know that's probably the best way to go about it. But i'm too afraid of the pain! I usually shave down there, but I HATE ingrown hairs! and waxing I know is the only way to get rid of unwanted hair without the unsightly bumps. But, does it really hurt a lot? I'm nervous... I'm going to have to wax now because i'm going to the beach soon.

Posts: 26 | From: NC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's not *that* bad. I mean, it's no picnic, like you're going to pick getting waxed over going to Disneyland. but it's not going to kill you.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.