Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Help please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help please
Angelgirl2000
Neophyte
Member # 3748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angelgirl2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I posted a message a while ago about bleeding 4 days after my first time, the thing is my period due a couple of days later never came, I am not about 4 days late for my next one is it just me system slightly messed up or maybe something else?
Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
could be a few things. have you had your period for more than 5 years? if not, it's nothing new for it to be sporadic and really irregular. but it could also be breakthrough bleeding. did you use condoms (please, for the love of the pet shop boys use condoms!)? if you did *not* use a condom, then it could have been light bleeding from egg implantation. in which case, you would be pregnant.

if the latter sounds like it could be you, go get a home preggy test!!! ignoring the problem will not make it go away.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelgirl2000
Neophyte
Member # 3748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angelgirl2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I have had my period for over 5 years, and I always use a condom, I suppose the only way to really find out is to go and see my doctor I just dont really like them
Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd guess you simply got your period early, honey. It happens.

if you used a condom for ALL contact, and it didn't break, you can be assured it was 100% effective.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelgirl2000
Neophyte
Member # 3748

I miss typed my first message, I am 4 days late this time, thats what I was wondering about, can it mess ur system up like that?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless you become pregnant, sexual activity in and of itself cannot alter your mesntural cycle.

HOWEVER, the stress and worry that accompanies first intercourse certainly can, as could altering diet or sleep patterns, and the like.

A pregancy test is something you can do for your peace of mind, but too, since you're now sexually active and really have to have annual GYN exams, now could also be a good time to start those.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.