Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » this KIND OF goes with the breats size topic...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: this KIND OF goes with the breats size topic...
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know a lot of guys that wont even think about dating a girl unless she has large breats. for me i dont really care either way...but if i could choose i would say i prefer smaller breasts. i was wondering how the girls and guys feel about the way breasts(to me one of the less important aspects of a girl) are held in such high regard in society.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't leave in the same country as you, but I wouldn't say that guys pick the girls to date based on their breast size... at least I've never heard of that around here... The ones who might do, might be like 10-13 year olds, but what they're looking for, in my opinion, is just fun with the girl and no "serious" dating... [correct me if I'm wrong].

Even if there are guys who think that way... well, then those are the ones to keep away from

I honestly think that's so stupid and immature I don't know what else to say eheh

Take care

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ #120172535

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seems a lot of people wonder about breasts. peek in Ladies Room, and you'll see a (or a few) hopping threads about breasts (but posting is limitied to girls only!). Body & Soul and Basics & Health are full of topics about breasts.

Fact of the matter is, you like small breasts, other people like large breasts, other people don't even like breasts. What do you get out of all this? Everyone likes something different, so it's not going to get oyu anywhere asking what everyone else likes because you're just going to get a barrage of answers going in every direction.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wasn't asking what they preferred, i am asking how they feel about how much stock some guys put in the size of breasts a girl has.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, okie dokie. in that case, i for one think that if a guy (or girl, there are lesbians and bisexuals out there, too) puts too much emphasis on a girl's bust size, then they're really shallow. whatever happened to a good personality?

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
Neophyte
Member # 4007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definately agree with Gumdrop Girl. If a person goes out with another person soley based on a physical attribute(s), that person is indeed shallow.

However, I would like to say that I believe that image is and does have impact on a person's attraction. A person often receives a first impression via sight. Many times this will affect attitude directed toward that other person. Like it or not, judgements ARE made at first impressions. They may be valid or they may be pure fabrication, but they will inevitabily invoke feelings according to our personal tastes and experiences.

This first attraction may be a primary factor that causes one individual to approach another. The conceptions, based on that image and their use of body language, will impact how we act toward that individual. Will we invite further social interaction? Or will we turn them away?

If the two are mutually attracted, the relationship may progess as they get to know one another. They may find they are compatable, or they may find that they can't stand each other, or perhaps they will conclude it is just somewhere in between.

Image ISN'T everything, but there are many who would pretend it is. What matters is how you feel about yourself and who you are, and also who your partner is.

~Aaron

------------------
Some call me a rebel, but I am just no good at it... I just can't conform to that image!

I recently signed up for a self-help course in procrastination... but the introduction meeting keeps getting rescheduled!

[This message has been edited by Aaron (edited 06-10-2001).]

Posts: 11 | From: Saginaw, MI, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's astonishing how some people do seem to think that a physical aspect of a person will be the be all and end all of a relationship. I know that there is always a first impression based solely upon looks and superficial appearance, but in a relationship it should go beyond that. I know that if somebody doesn't look me in the eyes then that's an immediate turn-off, talk to ME, not my breasts!!! I hate that! I wish there wasn't one physical sexual aspect that seemed to be so universally (I mean everyone can see them) recognisable that they were just seen to be part of you in your entirety.
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say that my wife is more concerned about her breast size than I am.

But then she's always been a worry-wart. Nothing I can say will ever convince her that she's somewhat perfect-ish.

------------------
Pugs: nature's bite-sized, tasty little treats.
I'll have teriyaki on mine!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VeNT
Activist
Member # 852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VeNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realy could not care less if a girl has big brests or no brests at all but what i do hate is people saying that guys only like girls with big boobs
or that guys only like a girl because she has bigger brests or whatever
it realy pisses me off
sorry
rant over
~VeNT

Posts: 101 | From: truro cornwall england | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eLb33
Neophyte
Member # 4325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eLb33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose for me, breast size plays a small part, (after all, as Aaron said, like it or not, most of us will put stock in our first impressions of that person) but, overall, I find that personality is really what draws me to a girl.

------------------
--If everything seems to be going great, you probably don't know what the hell is going on--

Posts: 13 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I don't date anybody who is only interested in my chest, and not me. I've had some BAAAAD experiences with that (won't go into details), but I realize that my breasts are part of what makes me me, and if a guy is attracted to me, inside and outside, then I don't mind. However, a guy (or girl) who only dates women for their breasts is definitely not the type of person with whom I would want to be in a meaningful relationship.

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like my woman's breasts attached to her chest. Other than that......

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the whole idea of women getting breast implants to improve their self-esteem is really shallow on their part. And what I've noticed, a lot of them give the reason that they'll attract more guys with larger breasts. A male friend of mine told me that he can't stand implants because they still just don't feel like real breasts to him. Plus implants can cause infections which would cost more money to take them out, along with all the pain that the woman goes through. If their social lives do improve after the implants, than I attribute that to just a mental state of mind where they *think* that they're doing better. It might just be though that they finally accept an invitation to a pool party that they could have accepted ages ago and shown up in a bikini.

I don't think a lot of guys really care all that much. No one has said anything to me, including the guys that I've dated. Some guys probably just like breasts that they can get their hands on legally. I fail to see the fascination of them though. All women have them. If a guy grows them though naturally, then he doesn't like them and feels a need to get rid of them.

------------------
"It beats me how Freud could say 'What do women want?' as if we all must want the same things." --Katharine Whitehorn, English journalist

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, body modification is the "in" thing at the moment. If people are having piercings and tatoos, why not breast implants? Some like them, some don't. Some like tatoos and piercings, some don't. I really think this should be a personal choice thing.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the girls around me have issues with their breast size. One thinks hers are too big, another thinks hers are too small, still another was convinced hers were too small (but I finally got through to her).
Really, though, they're all beautiful regardless of their cup size. Breasts don't make a person, personality makes a person. I'll take the girl with less of a chest and more of a personality over the girl with all chest and no personality any day.

Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the guys I know say they will take personality over cup size any day, but if they're in a situation where they can meet women, they'll go talk to the ones with the largest breasts first. If he doesn't like her, he'll try the next biggest pair of breasts. If they're attached to a not-so-nice owner, he'll try the next biggest pair, and so on. I can be a nice as possible, but guys will always come to a pair of breasts attached to a tolerable person before they get to me.
Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Utopia
Neophyte
Member # 4683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Utopia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's unfair to say guys are attracted to girls with big breasts. *Hey, I'm taking the guy's side here...!*

First of all, I'm a 34B or C cup, nothing huge and I never had a problem with guys.

Second of all, I know lots of girls who are a 36C or D and they never had a boyfriend.

I think guys look at the overall silhouette, butt, chest and hips included, but eyes and face too. If the overall package looks good it's a "good deal". I don't think they are only basing their choices in big boobs. The overall beauty is much more important, in my opinion.

I will always be saying the same thing: Guys will take a woman with a beautiful face with an average body (too skinny or too big) over a girl with a nice body but an not so fun to look at face.

Am I right or what?

Well, I might be a little off track, but from what I've learned with guys in the past 17 years, that IS my conclusion.

------------------
+ I will be your religion, the falling star that you cannot live without. +

__ http://manifest-angel.com/utopia __

Posts: 25 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinBall
Neophyte
Member # 4723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CalvinBall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breasts are concentrated on a lot these days. Whether we like it or not. Our society is basically just really messed up. All that goes through people's minds are...(drum roll please...) sex. Plain and simple, well it's not really all that simple.

People will go through hell and high water to look like the model they saw in a magazine. Or they'll jump on a chance to "Lose 10 Pounds In 10 Days".

Personally I think people should be comforatible with who and what they are. Even if getting breast implants is "in" right now, wasn't hanging out at the ice cream parlor with your gee golly swell boyfriend and going to sock hops "in" once?

What's pouplur in our world will change over the days, weeks, and even years. But doing something as drastic getting breast implants or getting a tatoo is hard to change once the trend is gone.

Be happy with yourself. I am.

Julie

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.