Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Washing Pubic Hair!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Washing Pubic Hair!
Zelda
Neophyte
Member # 2859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zelda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is a really stupid question but I was just wondering does any one else shampoo their pubic hair??
Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did that once...i was just really bored..but then i heard that if the shampoo gets inside you can get an infection. this was way before I started shaving
Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup ... I've done it a few times. While pubic hair is hair, the hair on your head doesn't live on such a sensitive area as pubic hair does. Using mild soap (such as Dove, Ivory ... stuff like that) is usually enough. Sure it doesn't smell as nice, but you're more likely to have people sniff the hair on your head than your pubic hair

------------------
For I am a bear of very little brain and long words bother me.
~ Winnie the Pooh

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hehe, i did that once too.... really, no need 4 it.
Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's one for ya...

Would it make the hair softer?

------------------
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~
.:.Christine.:.
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that I think of it that had never occured to my mind
I might give it a try though
I usually wash my body with any body gel and they usually have either flowerey/fruity scents, so it always smells nice down there
More like a personal thing because no one is gonna smell it there ehehhe
By the way, one funky thing to do would be to dye your pubic hair! *lol* that would be funny

------------------
~Sallynha

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there are specialty salons that can dye your pubic hair. however, leave that to the pros -- given how badly peroxide burns my scalp, i definitely don't want that stuff near my nether-parts.

anyway, soap is enough to clean out your pubic hair. however, i have had no problems with using a little diluted conditioner to soften up those hairs. just don't get it near the urethra, vagina or anus.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zelda
Neophyte
Member # 2859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zelda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HaHa I would love to dye my pubic hair. You could have it luminous pink or glow in the dark!!! Thanks for all replying I know now that im not alone in this world now!
Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never actually shampoed my pubic hair. I was always concerned that the cleansing agents in Pantene or whatever were too harsh for that area. Which, I think, can be true sometimes, or cause irritations at the least.

I once read in a magazine that conditioning pubic hair can indeed make it softer. But I would be extremely careful doing it, because as in the case of any cleaning agent, it might be irritating if it has added scent or coloring. And if you're going to dye your pubic hair, make sure it's done in a salon. I know someone who had a run-in with Sun In and it wasn't a pretty sight

Oh, and Zelda - there's no such thing as a stupid question around here

[This message has been edited by Starry Night (edited 05-28-2001).]

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. I just use my Johnson's and Johnson's soap.

I tried shampooing my pubic hair once but it seemed like too much trouble so I never bothered after that.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm a weirdo then. I shampoo that and the hair on my head and arms, etc. I've never had any problems with it causing infections - I don't let the soap get to that point.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surferChicka
Activist
Member # 2232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surferChicka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
goodness, i never even thought about it. but this girl on my swim team dyed her pubic hairs once. she let everyone know about it...if you ask me, it wasn't too attractive anyway.

if you wanna know, it was hot pink

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

Posts: 117 | From: Honolulu, HI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousityrules
Neophyte
Member # 3614

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousityrules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i used conditioner on my pubic hair, and now i have this little weird irritation pimple on the outer edges on the left side - it's really annoying!

------------------

Posts: 9 | From: Pondering, IL | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.