Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Need a good bra

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need a good bra
silkgirl79
Neophyte
Member # 3504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silkgirl79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if anybody could recommend a store (online or not) where I can find a bra my size, 38a. Preferably with matching panties (I live for matching sets), but I'll take what i can get I used to be able to find them easily at target, but cant any more. A 36 just wont do anymore...any suggestions?

------------------
*~~SilkGirl~~*
Email: silkgirl79@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by silkgirl79 (edited 04-24-2001).]

Posts: 7 | From: las vegas, nv | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really like La Senza. I hope that's not just a Canada based store ... I doubt it tho. We have so few of those!
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for Victoria's Secret!

What's really spiffy about going there is you can actually get a bra fitting and they can help you find the ones that will fit you best...cause remember, not all 38A's are equal!

~KittenGoddess

(Oh, just a quick note...I notice you posted your email, and if you'll check the guidlines you notice we ask that you not do that. No big deal, but maybe you could just leave that out from now on...it's for your own privacy and protection. )

------------------
"What is the odds so long as the fire of soul is kindled..."
~Charles Dickens

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Kitten-Victorias Secret!!

There's a place called ( I think) bras.com that has tons of different brands and styles. Pretty cool.

------------------
Best body type for a man? Chunky style. With extra gravy

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silkgirl79
Neophyte
Member # 3504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silkgirl79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KittenGoddess:
Yay for Victoria's Secret!

Hehe yep...the 20 or so i have now (yes, i know, but hey, it's my fetish ), are mostly from there, I just wanted to see if any girls had any other ideas...you can only have so many 2nd skin satin and angel bras

P.S. Sorry bout the email :P

------------------
*~~SilkGirl~~*
ICQ me! :)

Posts: 7 | From: las vegas, nv | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Victoria's Secret; I just wish they wouldn't perfume their stores so heavily. It's a little rough on those of us allergic to such things. Gack!

------------------
And I've got no illusions about you.
Guess what? I never did.
When I said, when I said, "I'll take it."
I meant, I meant As Is.
--Ani DiFranco, "As Is"

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gahh, vitoria's secret can suck me they never have anything i want in my size. i've been banished to the full-figure section where all the bras are big, look the same and have 6 hooks in the back. aie!

how about Lane Bryant? They have nice stuff there. i know you can find attractive matching sets in 38A at Lane Bryant.

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silkgirl79
Neophyte
Member # 3504

quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
how about Lane Bryant? They have nice stuff there. i know you can find attractive matching sets in 38A at Lane Bryant.

hrmm...sounds cool, i'll check it out...
i dont know why i need sets, i just do...
i feel like i'm not matched at all if i'm not wearing a bra and panty set...

------------------
*~~SilkGirl~~*

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooo, Gumdrop is right, Lane Bryant does have some absolutely lovely sets too! My best friend used to not be about buying cool matching undies at all, but after I forced her to try some on one day, she was totally hooked! Now she won't buy anything but matching sets from Lane Bryant.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"What is the odds so long as the fire of soul is kindled..."
~Charles Dickens

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If any of your old bras still fit in the cups, you can get bra-back extenders (basically, a strip of elastic with hooks and eyes on either end) at most sewing stores. Cheap, effective, and something you can feel clever about. Just check how many hooks the bra you're buying it for has before you leave home.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silkgirl79
Neophyte
Member # 3504

quote:
Originally posted by Milke:
If any of your old bras still fit in the cups, you can get bra-back extenders (basically, a strip of elastic with hooks and eyes on either end) at most sewing stores. Cheap, effective, and something you can feel clever about. Just check how many hooks the bra you're buying it for has before you leave home.

damn...good idea...i might have to toss some in my purse next time i go bra shopping too

------------------
*~~SilkGirl~~*

lostcat
Activist
Member # 3295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Victoria's Secret all the way

Their collection that is really awesome is... um.. Body by Victoria (I think), and they're the best bras I've ever had.

yes.

------------------
"i need to wash myself again to hide all the dirt and pain, 'cos i'd be scared that there's nothing underneath"- radiohead

Posts: 73 | From: chicago, il, usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glitter Princess
Activist
Member # 995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glitter Princess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I adore Victoria's Secret as well. The only flaw I find in that store, is that every single bra I try on runs differently...it is a lil annoying trying on all those bras. But their bras are the most comfortable and cutiest I own. Not to mention that they look great under clothes too. I swear by the strapless 5-1 convertable body by victoria bra I just got the cutiest undies there, they have lil crystal hearts in the upper corner by the waistline!

------------------
"Why do the good girls always want the bad boys?"

Posts: 70 | From: a boring life in a boring town with the same old crowd | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Victoria Secret expensive though? I wouldn't mind having a set or two from there because of all the good things I'm hearing. But I thought they were expensive. I don't want to spend $30 on a stupid bra.

I get my bras from Gadzooks. I like the fun, yet slightly trashy look. Hehe. They have sets there and are inexpensive. ($14 per set) I have a set with silver swirls and a set with little flying piggies.

------------------
"Meet me in outer space. We could spend the night..." -Stellar by Incubus

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, i think victoria's secret is too damn expensive, and also the quality is only so-so. another thing to think about all these places is that a lot of times the cup size of a 38A is not the same as that of a 34A. like, they assume that just because your ribs are bigger, your breasts are slightly bigger as well. it's bizarre, but it's a problem my 36A friend has often complained about.

personally, if i was a 38A, i wouldn't bother wearing a bra. <envious sigh>

em

------------------
if you want to kiss the sky, you better learn how to kneel (on your knees, boy) -U2

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.