Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Anyone hate french kissing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone hate french kissing?
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about you, but there are times I don't exactly like being kissed.

It's either too "dry", "wet" or "stinky" for me, or he's too "inexperienced" or he's trying to play, um, a sorta pass-the-gum game.

Eurgh, I hate french kissing sometimes.

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the thing about french kissing is that it's all about your mood and who it is you're kissing. The first time I ever french kissed was a little odd, but then it got better and better. Sometimes you just aren't in the mood for kissing.

Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that it probably is a mood thing...sometimes you just don't feel like being kissed.

Now of course, that is entirely speculation on my part. I've just recently discovered that kissing is my newest favorite recreational sport , and thus far, I haven't been out of the mood to be kissed...but I'm sure it will probably happen eventually.

~KittenGoddess

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glitter Princess
Activist
Member # 995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glitter Princess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with everyone. I think all kisses are different. It depends on lots of things, the mood youre in, the place, the time, how you feel about the other person, who youre kissing, what kind of day youre having, etc.

------------------
"Why do the good girls always want the bad boys?"

Posts: 70 | From: a boring life in a boring town with the same old crowd | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe Kitten, I know what you mean.

I love kissing, especially french kissing. I've never had a bad experience with french kissing, but that's just me I guess. I love all forms of physical affection I guess, but I'd like to kiss more often.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I'm with Rizzo and Kitten, whiel kissing needs a special moment, I want to kiss more often, too....I love kissing. Such a nice form of affection showing. I love it, very much. And right now, I miss it in my life, very much, too.
Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, its how you feel at the time, cuz I dont feel like frenching my boyfriend either sometimes, and sometimes its the other way around. Its not a big deal, we have been going out long enough to tell eachother how we feel and what we want to do and what we dont want to do.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is all pure guesswork on my part, as I've never been kissed aside from pecks by relatives, but I don't think I'd like french kissing. It sounds gross. Off course, I find even the aforementioned pecks on the cheeks by relatives gross, so maybe it's just me.
Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on the person for me. For the most part I adore kissing, french kissing, kisses on the cheek. But I have had moments when I just wasn't into it.

I once had a boyfriend that just had eaten potato chips then kissed me, and I HATE potato chips, I nearly gagged! I shuddered every time he tried to kiss me for at least a day after that!

------------------
Lil Siren

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it really depends on timing.

Sometimes I like to be kissed on the lips, sometimes I like french kisses, sometimes I like to be kissed on my body or sometimes I don't like to be kissed at all.

So I don't hate it but it really depends on where I feel like being kissed and how I want to be kissed at that point of time.

And Summer hon, if you would like to be kissed a different way or you would like your bf to stop the "passing the gum" experience, just tell him nicely how exactly you would like to be kissed.

Or better yet, show him. He will catch on sooner or later.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, as we know, it depends on your partner. if he or she is a good kisser, then chances are, you'l like it. if not, then it'll be a bother. or, if you simply don't like slobbery mouth to mouth contact, kissing simply might not be your "thing."

i've gotta say i've kissed some great lips, and I've kissed a few mackerels in my time.

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love kissing. Kiss me whenever you want! I don't care. French kissing is so sexy when it's nice and slow with alittle bit of tounge. *prr* That's how my ex kissed. It was nice.

------------------
If you're gone - maybe it's time to go home
There's an awful lot of breathing room
But I can hardly move
If you're gone - baby you need to come home
'Cause there's a little bit of something me
In everything in you

~Sexy Rob Thomas, 'If You're Gone.'

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diva2000
Neophyte
Member # 3353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diva2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me french kissing has to be at the right moment with the right guy to feel right.
Posts: 37 | From: Chicago,Il,USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone...I mean it.

Even though I don't have a steady bf at the moment, I'll keep what you said in mind.

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really like french kissing that much. It's always kind of grossed me out. But it really depends on the timing and the person, and it does take a while to get used to. The first time I was french kissed it was really a weird feeling. Maybe thats why I don't like it now.....hmm, food for thought....

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!)

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the background on French kissing anyway? Is it really a French custom (don't think that's the word I'm looking for), or whatever? Hm... If someone knows, clue me in. If not, I shall take a look in a book.

------------------
"You're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older... You're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older
And now you're older still..." -Older by TMBG

"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well And that's be you, be what you're like, be like yourself, and so I'm having a wonderful time..." Whistling in the Dark by TMBG

"Everyone looks naked when you know the world's address.."
The World's Address by TMBG

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is this guy I have kicked it with a couple of times, and OMG he is the ABSOLUTE worst kisser I have ever had to deal with! He makes my face wetter than the niagra falls itself! My brother knocked on my door and when i turned around, I literally had to wipe my lower face off with a tissue...

THAT WAS THE END OF THAT!!!!! LoL

Good technique, but TOO DAMN WET!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peach
Neophyte
Member # 3418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone has their own technique but I agree with you, sometimes they are just not compatible with yours! I've played the pass-the-gum game, had a guy slobber all over me, cut me withhis braces, knock my teeth etc, etc. But practice does make perfect and it's even better if it's with someone you care for.
Posts: 4 | From: london, england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelwiththescabbedwings
Activist
Member # 3099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angelwiththescabbedwings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really like it, my b/f is ythe best darn kisser so i guess that helps alot huh?
Posts: 65 | From: australia | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.