Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Rumbly Tummy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rumbly Tummy
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I know this is a wierd topic, but I've noticed that this year, since I moved to res, my tummy has been very vocal. It's not that I'm gassy, just that my stomach has been making noises. It didn't happen at the beginning of the year but it has since about Christmas. Is there anything anyone can think of that might be causing it? It's not that big a deal, just a little embarrassing Thank you all!
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It happens to me all the time

From what i've been told ... Your stomach is trying to digest food that isn't there. It's turning and mixing all the acidy stuff together and makes noises ... b/c there's nothing in it. I usually carry cookies or crackers around w/ me. Then my tummy stops talking to me

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think smurfie is right on this one.

It happens to me alot too and my bf loves it. He thinks my tummy is trying to talk to him. We're weird.

I really like it when my tummy rumbles though. I have no idea why.

Oh God, I'm sounding too weird.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think tummys make noise all the time. My significant other was using my stomache as a pillow one days and he noticed it was making "little noises". He layed there listening to my tummy for a couple minutes, absolutely enthralled. Then he discovered he could gently poke my tummy and it would make squishy noises. Some day, when he's married and has a pregnant wife, he's going to have so much fun

So then I HAD to listen to his tummy, and it makes noises too! Might have something to do with us both downing 20oz sodas a little earlier, but I think tummys allways make a little noise.

Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My tummy noises are definitely allergy related. It's just one of my symptoms. Rice=lots of rumblies. (I had stir-fry for dinner earlier--gurgle, gurgle, gurgle!) Are you eating something now that you weren't before?

------------------
And I've got no illusions about you.
Guess what? I never did.
When I said, when I said, "I'll take it."
I meant, I meant As Is.
--Ani DiFranco, "As Is"

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ComeOriginal
Neophyte
Member # 2651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComeOriginal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My stomach makes A LOT of noise when i breathe in and out from my abdomen. I think it has to do with the surgery i had a while ago because it started RIGHT after. Its really annoying! Especially when I sing(you have to breathe a certain way and that way happens to be the way it makes noise)I just try to eat a lot so that it doesnt talk when i dont want it to.
Posts: 33 | From: Georgetown, TX, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it might be the allergy thing. Not that I've been eating anythinig new, per se, but I've been drinking a lot more milk then I used to. I experimented and when I cut milk out of my diet the tummy noises stopped, but when I had a lot of milk, they started again. So, it seems to me that I'm allergic or something to milk. So, that said, how else can I get calcium, anyone? A little bit of milk in my tea in the morning doesn't bother my tummy but anything more does seem to.
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Green leafy things have lots of calcium in them. Soy milk does too.
Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.