Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bubble Baths

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bubble Baths
Digi_Dork
Neophyte
Member # 2967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digi_Dork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do bubble baths cause yeast infections?
Posts: 2 | From: Cary, NC, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't say they cause yeast infections ... tho they can cause irritation.

I was told a while ago not to use any sort of bath salts or bubble bath b/c the pH in my vagina doesn't tolerate any perfumes and stuff like that. It's happy just the way it is.

If you find that it bothers you when you use it, then don't. Then you'll know.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in a word? no. not directly. i take bubble baths all the time, and i don't think i have ever had a yeast infection. yeast infections occur when the balance between the bacteria and the yeast in your vagina is upset in some way (both are naturally there in some amount) such that the yeast run rampant. so if you kill the bacteria or disturb them, your yeast escape, as it were.

but unless you're ruthlessly scubbing the inside of your vagina while you're in the bath, i doubt you're doing yourself any damage. look to other causes to explain this.

to find out what other causes may be, check out this awesome article about yeast infections. if you have any more questions, let us know

em

------------------
Love is a word that is constantly heard
Hate is a word that is not.
Love, I am told, is more precious than gold.
Love, I have read, is hot.
But hate is the verb that to me is superb,
And love but a drug on the mart.
Any kiddie in school can love like a fool,
But hating, my boy, is an art.
-Ogden Nash

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol - smurf, you beat me to it!

em

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Smurfit said, they can cause irritation, which can cause itching, which can be mistaken for infections.

Bathe on, but make sure it doesn't bother your skin, especially the tender girly bits!

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL @ em

Oh no ... it's started up again Before it was 'laska and Cookie and Miz S ... Now it's you and I ... teehee

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it is usually urinary tract infections that bubble baths can create a risk for, more so than vaginal infections.

So, if you tend to get UTIs frequently, bubble baths aren't the best idea. Too, usuing something more organic with less chemicals and preservatives can make a difference if that's a problem. Kiss My Face and Lush Cosmenetics (in Canada and the UK) make some nice bubbles that are organic and great for sensitive skin and sensitive urinary tracts.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when i was little girl, 6 or so, i got a uti from bubble bath as well as rashes...so...i rarely took them when i was younger...i took one the other day and i was fine...i guess the skin tissue isn't as sensitive anymore.

-justine

------------------
have i been wrong?
have i been wise?
to shut my eyes and play along?

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tea bags to the rescue again! There are some really yummy smelling herbal teas out there, and I figure that if they're safe to take internally, a bit in the bath shouldn't hurt you. Camomile, tea that I adore so much, is great here too. There's also the option of putting some essential or fragrance oils in a bit of cooking oil, though that's best if you're skin's a bit dry anyway. Or even fizzy bath bombs. I never liked bubble bath too much anyway; these options just seem to feel nicer.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.