Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » fears? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: fears?
nifty
Activist
Member # 11254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nifty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have two big fears (besides pregnancy death and rice....)
i) cracking open an egg in the morning to have a half developed chick come oozing out of it... (yah...)
ii) spiders.....i know, i know O_o
pretty much it.

Posts: 52 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetie_pie
Activist
Member # 13728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetie_pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My biggest fear is what I look like to other people. Like if I look good, ugly, slutty, cheap ect I like to look nice and sexy to other peole! (never happens though)

Posts: 65 | From: Eastbourne | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spiders, being trapped.

oh, and tomatoes and chewing gum.

I can't sit near someone who's chewing gum, I feel physically sick.

and tomatoes...when you cut them open I swear they're looking at you.

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamBaBy
Activist
Member # 12710

Icon 4 posted      Profile for dreamBaBy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im afraid of being cornered.Especially by a guy. one kid at my school(who is both a guy and about twice as big as me) knows this and finds it very funny to corner me almost everytime we cross paths, because i curl up almost in the fetal position(but on my feet) and if i feel threatened in anyway, like he moves closer, i will lash out very violently. that's the only part they dont find funny because i can usually hold my own in a fight. but it's only come to that once or twice.

I am also afraid of being alone not physically, but mentally. I have always (that i can remember) had not just voices but little people with compleate personalities and voices in my mind and im afraid that they will just one day disappear.

those are my two biggest fears but im also afraid of centipedes/milipedes, dogs, and drowning.

------------------
¤dreamBaBy¤

"Cuz, she's the girl all the bad guys want!" --Bowling for Soup, "Girl All The Bad Guys Want"

Posts: 93 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exsesivelybored911
Neophyte
Member # 16335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exsesivelybored911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, I'm afraid of tornado's... I actually sort of want to be a storm chaser, but I'm actually only really scared of dying from one... seeing one would be awesome and invigerating...
Anyway, did anyone else notice how the posts went from 3-something-2001 to 1-something-2004 ?
I just found that funny

Posts: 10 | From: Cookeville, Tn, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faeryprinces
Activist
Member # 12405

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Faeryprinces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah i saw the change in dates too, it is kind of amusing, but it happens with a lot of posts here

I definately have a fear of deep water, (this fear my boyfriend finds very intriguing(sp?) since he's a lifeguard, and teaches kids how to swim.) I dont know how to swim, and i hypervenilate when i'm in a pool. I'm a little better with it if i can see the bottom, but if i cant see the bottom of the water, then i cant get in.

My second fear is falling. I dont go skiing, and i dont tube in the winter beause i'm afraid of falling. You will never ever hear of me bungee jumping or skydiving for this same reason. I went to the CN tower in canada when i was in highschool, and i couldnt stand on the glass for fear off falling through, even though all of my other classmates walked right over it fine. I also go out of my way to walk around manhole covers and grates in sidewalks and pavement, again for fear that i may fall through. I went to a senior prom my sophomore year in highschool, and refused to dance the entire night because it was on the second floor and the floor was shaking from everyone else dancing and moving around.

Those are definately my two biggest fears...call me weird, I dont care. I know how moronic i must look being 20 years old leaping over manhole covers and grates in the road when i'm walking to class.. hahaha

Posts: 227 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hurt, Pain, Death and etc are common fears of life. I've learned to deal with it. Live my life the way i should.

Pregnancy is still a phobia but isaiah and i are using protection. It doesn't mean that i don't want kids later on in life. I will have them when i'm ready (probably just after marriage).

But i was just thinking that really.. is the "PHONE CALL". As if I was notified if my bf got in accident or passed away or whatever.. the same would go for any of my family and my future kids. This is what every parent's nightmare is especially if it is from the police.

Other than that, i really don't have other phobias. Trust and communication is really a big role in my life with Isaiah, family and friends!
------------------
~Jules

[This message has been edited by summergoddess (edited 01-22-2004).]

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freakedout
Activist
Member # 9702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freakedout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my biggest fear...uh..being a loser? All i want is to have a good job and a happy family...all the non-loserish characteristics

------------------
*Don't doubt yourself, or your love, even if someone is doubting you.

Posts: 123 | From: Wisconsin, United States | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exsesivelybored911
Neophyte
Member # 16335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exsesivelybored911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^^ I totaly agree with you! I'm really bad about that one. Mainly, just afraid of being alone the rest of my life... I just want a wife. She'll probably want kids, and I just want to be able to fully and "easily" support them.
Posts: 10 | From: Cookeville, Tn, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
inlove6387
Neophyte
Member # 16289

Icon 12 posted      Profile for inlove6387     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am afriad of dying. i don't wnat to die because i am afraid of what happens when you die, and my boyfriend is scared of butterflies, he says they are creepy. well that is my 2 cents
steph

------------------
nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all

Posts: 24 | From: El Paso | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alicat17
Neophyte
Member # 16053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alicat17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because of a weird abuse situation that happened when I was little, I am TERRIFIED to brush my teeth in front of anyone. I have to close and lock the door, and sometimes turn on the shower to drown out the tooth-brushing noise. It depends on my mood and how close to the edge I'm feeling.

Also, I'm pretty afraid of deep and dark water.

Posts: 10 | From: WA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangy_monkey
Neophyte
Member # 16558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangy_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The blue man group! total rip off of the smurfs.

Posts: 4 | From: where the wild things are | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My biggest phobia is heights. I don't mind being at a height, but if I'm near an edge I'll freak out.

I'm also afraid of stairs. Falling down the stairs, specifically. I fell down the stairs a lot when I was little and I guess it stayed with me. The kind that don't have any back, where you can just kick your foot through, freaks me out the most. I'm fine if I'm familiar with a particular stairway, but oh man, if I'm not.

Having bugs in my hair or crawling on me is another phobia. Ugh!

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goodbye_blue_sky96
Neophyte
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodbye_blue_sky96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't first of all, I'm a diver, like in the swimming pool on the board. My greatest fear is hitting my head on the board and having a spinal injury, being paralyzed, etc. I don't think I would be able to live like that, having to depend on other people, as I'm very independent by nature, that and I'm active. Not being able to walk would be traumatizing.
Posts: 36 | From: ......up......there..... | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EliotDorian
Activist
Member # 37752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EliotDorian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My greatest fear is remaining without an income and never living on my own, celibate, never seeing the aurora borealis, never having the means to move out, never having a lover, for the rest of my life.

--------------------
"What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if no one asks to see 'em?"

Posts: 87 | From: Virginia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.