Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » fears? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: fears?
kdxnate250
Neophyte
Member # 2771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdxnate250     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just curious about what everyones greatest fear is? Mine is smurfs. They're like scary little blue devils... I had a horrible nightmare about them being all over me in bed and biting me when I was younger... thanks!!
Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better watch out.. we have a renegade smurf who cruises the boards A lilbluesmurf infact

I have a fear of peanut butter. No, seriously. It makes me quite sick.

entropie

------------------
Scarleteen Advocate, not to be confused with Advocaat

I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use than eating soup with a knife.

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if smurfs are like LilBlueSmurf, you have nothing to worry about

My greatest fear? I'm afraid to let someone love me I guess. Heck, or even like me for that matter! It's like I still don't believe someone could love/like someone like me. This is the only area I still have trouble with when it comes to my self image. But I'm happy to report I'm getting better. I'm about 85% complete again. (If that makes sense)

------------------
"Always shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars." -Unknown

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just realised that LilBlueSmurf moderates this board..
Weird..

entropie

Don't mind me, I'm just tired

------------------
Scarleteen Advocate, not to be confused with Advocaat

I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use than eating soup with a knife.

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I absolutely adore the smurfs. I can even sing the song.

My biggest fear is not being liked.

It doesn't matter if I know you or not but I get scared that you won't like me.

I read into every sentence, every word someone says and I get all paranoid about everything.

Trying my best to curb that fear but after 18 years of practice, it is tough.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, i do indeed moderate this board ... but not for long

I love smurfs! And don't worry ... ThisGuy says all the time that i really am a smurf, but we think he's delirious (sp?)!!

Anyway ... my fear is of heights. And the dark, and bugs (any of them) and ... I could go on, but i have to go to school

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a big topic on this subject, click on this website I give you: www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000261.html
I hope you like it. You might be afraid of Entropie's list thou. Teehee

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am scared to death that something is going to happen to me and my husband and we arenot going to get to see our kids grow up and that we will never meet our grandchildren.

------------------
frozendream1026@aol.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unhappykoger,

sometimes one of the greatest fears in marital relationships is divorce. Once you are inside a happy marriage it can be hard to be outside alone.

You remind me of a friend who I grew up with in a neighborhood. She gave birth at 15 with her bf. It was unexpected. She probably needs some time to heal and I wished I could be there for her but it's been ages since we last met.

I guess I have those close feelings for her as a child. She has changed in some ways. She's quieter than she used to be. I think she has a hard time getting over them. I don't know if she is going through periods of depression, stress, or loneliness but...
she has been a real good friend.

antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm terrified of the dark. *hehe* Sounds silly coming from someone in highschool, but I really am! I'm also pretty afraid of bees and wasps- if somebody says "hey, don't move! You have a bee on you," you'd better believe I'll be up and running.

And don't even get me started on roller coasters....

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdxnate250
Neophyte
Member # 2771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdxnate250     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well being afraid of the dark sounds fairly normal for a high schooler compared to a senior with a fear of smurfs.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you antonio but i was speaking more of the death of me and my husband not us splitting up. that is the last thing on my mind right now. we are quite happy at this moment (minus our few disagreements). even if me and my husband do split up these are our children and we will both see them grow up even if we are not together as a couple anymore.

------------------
frozendream1026@aol.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really afraid of being alone. I don't know why, but I always dream about people abandoning me, and I'm left all by myself. It scares me... A lot! I'm not sure why, though. Does anyone else have this fear?
Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Smurf and Lucky, darkness and heights. I'm also scared of ghosts. I've never seen one but I doubt they're all like Casper.

------------------
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm terribly afraid of being alone. Not like alone physically (like I can be alone in my house and I'm fine) but I'm so terrified that one day I'll wake up that I have no one and I'm all alone. And if I'm in a place I know (like my house, some places at school, some stores at the mall) I can be alone but a lot of places I can't be. I just really really don't like it, I won't go someplace new unless I have someone I know and trust to go with me.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, i'm afraid of the dark too. but only when i'm at my house. other places, i'm not as scared really anymore. it's weird...maybe i've just grown up with my fears here, and its easier to forget them when i'm elsewhere.

often when i was very small and sometimes still, i had nightmares about being very very scared, but not being able to scream. I don't know if it counts as a real phobia since i don't encounter it in everyday life, but i'm definitely afraid of it. being silenced, i guess.

em

------------------
Love is a word that is constantly heard
Hate is a word that is not.
Love, I am told, is more precious than gold.
Love, I have read, is hot.
But hate is the verb that to me is superb,
And love but a drug on the mart.
Any kiddie in school can love like a fool,
But hating, my boy, is an art.
-Ogden Nash

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am terrified of spiders, I just can't look at them. I'm also scared about of anything dead, I can't touch anything deceased.

But for the strangest reason, I have a morbid curiosity about why people die. I read the obituaries looking for a cause as to why someone died!

------------------
Bad Cats!!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid of being alone too. It's definitely my biggest fear. Both that someday there will be no one in the world for me to talk to or love, which seems unlikely, and also that maybe no one is actually aware, or that there might never be any way of spiritually joining with someone for more than a little while, or any way of joining meaningfully with another without loss of the self. Maybe I'm really just afraid of existentialism...

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I completely panic. It happens maybe once a year, maybe twice. When I was little I'd go wake up my parents. When I was older, I would call one of my friends, and now of course I wake up my partner. I'm not sure what I'd do if it happened and there wasn't anyone.

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm super afraid of dying. i'm afraid of dying before i've accomplished everything i want to & made a difference in the world. i want to be able to see my future children and grandchildren grow up and theres so much more i want to do during my life and it just scares me that i might not have enough time to do it in.

------------------
DAWSON:TheWizard ofOz?
GRETCHEN:Exactly. Its what everybody remembers about the movie, but it doesnt resonate w/the rest of the story...And sure it has its problems. Poppy fields, flying monkeys...
DAWSON: --Talking trees.
GRETCHEN: But along the way you make friends. Good friends. W/people you never knew existed when you were growing up: straw people and tin people and --
DAWSON: -- Lions.
GRETCHEN: Exactly. And you help each other realize that all the things you want to be -- you already are.

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a way, I'm scared of almost everything. I'm very nervous, and I'm always worried about the littlest things.

But worries are different from fears, I guess. My greatest fears have to do with death, of course. I can't stand seeing decomposition, or really graphic violence (I hate scary movies!) I'm also afraid of mummies (and by association, many Egyptian things). I am afraid of dying, but more afraid of my love dying-- of waking up to find him dead beside me, or to come home and find his body. Sorry to be so morbid :P

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Public bathrooms. Why? I don't know. In order for me to pee in one it has to be empty or have a bunch of people in it. I hate the fact that that someone hears me pee. If someone is in there with me I hold it till they leave. I'm so weird. I hate using them too. Eek! SOme people are just dirty and I hate it when they don't flush or don't wipe off the toliet seat if they pee on it. They just scare me.

Another thing, spiders! Even the smallest one sends me screaming my head off to another room.

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hmm987
Neophyte
Member # 2160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hmm987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
driving.
everytime i get in the car, i start shaking and get very nervous.
i didn't get my license until last summer when i turned 18. i only got it then because i have to commute to college 20 mi. away.
may be because i've been in 4 wrecks in the past few years, but i wasn't driving in any of them.
if i don't absolutely HAVE to go anywhere, i don't, and if someone else can drive, they do.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my biggest fears right now are: Getting pregnant, dying, and going through the loss of a loved one
Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess my biggest fear right now is loosing my boyfriend. We are so close I couldn't bear to live without him.
I'm also parinoid about getting in a car crash. (I just got my license)

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I panic if I think something might prevent me from breathing. I really noticed this a couple weeks ago during kayaking lessons. The most important things they teach is several ways to get yourself right-side up after you've tipped over. One thing we learned is we're suppose to bang on the bottom of our boats to get the other people's attention, then they'll bring their kayak along side our, making a T, while we wait upside down under water running our hands along the side of our boat feeling for theirs. Once they get there it's easy to grab their bow and push youself up, but the first several times I tried it I bailed out of my boat and swam for air in 5 seconds! It took a long time to learn to remain calm while upside down under water with my legs tucked in a kayak.
Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It didn't take long for someone to bring up pregnancy

Which is normal ... I'm terrified of that too. No matter how careful i am, it's still in the back of my mind.

And i've had nightmare after nightmare about me getting pregnant and miscarrying. Another big fear ... the reason i said i didn't want kids up until just this year

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am afraid of something happening to my dad... I fear this b/c he is all I have... I mean, my mom is still living, but I just feel like she deserts me so much that I can't count on her... I don't even really love her anymore b/c of the way she treats me... so... I never wanna lose my dad

------------------
~*Sourgirl*~

"I cry out to God seeking only his decison, Gabriel stands and confirms I've created my own prison."-Scott Stapp (Creed), from the song "My Own Prison"

"What if your words could be judged like a crime?"-Scott Stapp (Creed), from the song "What If"

Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could I just mention one more?

Rats.

I hate the damn things and I seriously have a rat phobia.

I'm sorry to those who like them but I think they are just dirty and gross. Especially the fat ones.

I'm starting to think it's coz of the Pied Piper Story.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, rats are lovely!
I am truly terrified of fire. To the extent that I won't go into a room with a lighted candle. I couldn't do my GCSE chemistry coursework chemistry prperly because I was too scared to use a bunsen burner. I freak out if someone lights a match anywhere near me. And my little brother's a complete pyromaniac, which causes alot of problems! I suppose it's quite a sensible fear, cos it is dangerous, but it's getting out of hand. At least it's stopped me from taking up smoking! I have nightmares about the house burning down regularly and every time I go out I'm worried sick that there'll of been a fire when I come back. So that's my main fear. Other things, like spiders, and snakes and heights I am totally fine with, it's just fire.

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I realised that I hadn't posted to this topic, so I thought I would join in the fun

On the tangible level I'm terrified of wild rats (I mean rats that aren't pets) and cockroaches. Both of these make me cringe because they are such emblems of dirt and disease. Pet rats are fine, we had two in my grade one class and they don't scare me but the idea of a rat in a street or house (aaaah)scares me to death! Mice are cute and don't bother me at all. I am mildly nervous of heights but after focusing lights at 40 feet above the ground or something, I've almost gotten over that fear.

On the intangible level I think I'm afraid of rejection and loneliness (in the unloved sense). I think on a basic level that's one of the great fears of humanity, to be alone and unloved. I don't know anyone who likes being unloved.

[This message has been edited by Ella (edited 03-04-2001).]

Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best mate is terrified of fish, which makes me laugh so much. She won't swim in the sea and she can't walk past a fishmongers. I don't know what it is about them, but they freak her out so much. I should be more understanding but she thinks she's really hard as well so it's funny.
Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlondChik1424
Activist
Member # 15765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlondChik1424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a phobia of tornadoes and trusting people.

And I have a fear of being burned alive because my mom was burned severely when I was 12..but shes fine now.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any myself, but one of my best friends is horribly afraid of butterflies.
Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vomiting.
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eVoLuTioN
Neophyte
Member # 16329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eVoLuTioN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's heights for me, or going somewhere new alone....
Also i worry too much about what people think of me

Posts: 30 | From: United States of America | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.