Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » So Tell Me What You Love About Your Body...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So Tell Me What You Love About Your Body...
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, it's kinda depressing to come here and see like 3 posts about bad body image/I think I'm too fat/cosmetic surgery (for your genitals!!) so I thought we should all see what we love about our bodies. Go on, get naked, take a long hard stare and tell us what you love

*my calves! they're not bulky but not fat at all
*my tummy, it's all nice and curvy. the kind of tummy you want to put your head on and fall asleep
*my back. I just think backs are really sexy and mine happens to be nice looking (but then again have you ever seen someone without a pretty back? it's impossible!)

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great topic I think it's important that we all take the time to appreciate our bodies instead of finding their flaws. I personally like my breasts. They're not the same size, and they have a few stretch marks on them, but that's what makes them unique I think they're beautiful. And I like the curves above my hips. I don't know why, but I just do!
Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My eyes, my lips, my chin, my neck, my hair, my ears, my teeth, my chest shape, my breasts, my skin, my belly button, my semi-pot belly, my shoulders and shoulderblades, my back, my fingers, my hips, my thighs, my knees, my shins and calves, my ankles, my toes.. my brain

There really isn't a part of my body I don't love.. it's all part of me, and I love me..

entropie

------------------

I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use than eating soup with a knife.

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brittany, I guess what they say about great minds is true.

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000502.html

------------------
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley_chick
Neophyte
Member # 578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley_chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love my wrists they look so fragile they might snap they intrigue(sorry about the spellings) me. I love my back and how it is so flexible and the way you can feel my spine when u run your fingers down it. I have to say i love my hair its soo thick but the colour is just amazing its a very deep alburn with brown and strawberry blond tints the only annoying thing about it is that i am constanly asked if its natural. but oh well what can u do!!!!!!
loads of love
em***

Posts: 26 | From: uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I don't think we can have too many posts like this, do you? Besides, I never took a turn last time.

I love my coloring: I love the blue-green of my eyes, my reddish hair (even the grey and white streaks growing in it) and my truckload of freckles.

I love my back and I love that my body is very curvy yet strong and muscluar at the same time. I grew up having no problem being told I was built like a brick you-know-what -house. It made me smile. And I like that that curvy strong body is also short (though I do wish they'd build cabinets a bit closer to the ground).

And I also love having very full lips.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I agree, there can never be too many body-positive posts!

Today, I especially like....my back, because it's so strong and muscular - I can feel it's strength when I stand up straight and when I move. I also like my eyes, because their colour is fab...a deep blue-grey. And I like my lips today, because they are full and sensual.

A good body day today.

------------------
"I am capable of, but sometimes not interested in making myself happy."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like my muscles.

Muscles for the crushing and destroying of my enemies!

I will kill them all mercilessly, then sail little toy boats down the rivers of blood!

*Cough*

Is it time for my medication again?

I also like my lack of back hair.

------------------
My dream headline:
Britney Speared During African Concert!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i like my hair. it's long, thick, and silky. i like my breasts. they're big and squooshy. i like my eyes. they're a nice almond shape, with irises that are very dark brown, almost black.

and i have cute elbows you can see my hockey scar.

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sigh, one can never be too narcissistic.

I love my height. It's wonderful being tall.

I love my neck because it's long and white. I like thinking I'm a swan.

I love my legs because without them, shopping wouldn't be as fun.

I love my slim fingers because it's fun painting my nails.

I like my big nose too coz it means I will lead a prosperous life.

I love me.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
7of9
Neophyte
Member # 2578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7of9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were times when I didn't like my body at all...

Currently I love it... I feel like I'm right in the middle of it.

my skin - so soft and smooth
my shoulders - strong
my waist - in a good shape
my nose - slim but not skinny
my clit - so much plesure

Lisa

Posts: 15 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heavenlygal13
Neophyte
Member # 2298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heavenlygal13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, this is a wonderful topic. It lets people focus on features of their body that they like, rather then ones that they don't like as much.
I would have to say that I like my hair. It's light brown,long,layered and thick, with all these blonde highlights. I recently got orange highlights put in my hair! I also like my slim waist and my short legs!

Posts: 7 | From: Maidstone,Ontario,Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my hair is wonderous...long and thick and shiny with a natural slight wave.

i love my eyes:medium almond shaped and a deep honey color, and my full lips.

i love my tummy even if it doesn't look perfect in a bikini cos i like being held there and it's soft.

my legs are muscular and i like showing them off. i'm petite, 5'3, but when i wear heels, i look statuesque.

most of all i love my intelligence and open mind and willingness to help others...

(a goddess! athene!)

------------------
have i been wrong?
have i been wise?
to shut my eyes and play along?

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.