Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » An Homage to Overlooked (and simple) Pleasures (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: An Homage to Overlooked (and simple) Pleasures
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The world at large likes to make us think that sex and pleasure is something which exists only in our genitals, which may be one of the roots of so many people being sexually dissatisfied and disillusioned.

I say, protest. Our bodies are all unique and all different, as are our minds, and that given, we all have our own unique pleasure-maps, as it were, on our bodies: areas we really like to have touched which are not considered to be our "sexual parts" by homogenous culture.

So, in a moment of body honoring, why not think about -- and talk about -- what some of your pleasure-spots are outside the limited sphere of your genitals. All too often we forget to honor them, or even find out what they are, and not only can that deprive us of really understanding our own unique bodies and sexual identities, it can make us not even realize that there are ways for us to be sexually pleasured that don't involve high-risk sexual activities at all!

Personally, I love to have my face, neck and back touched, massaged or kissed. I also have very sensitive hands.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love my ears. I love it when my bf kisses them and pays attention to them. When he does that, I literally feel like melting.

And I have a habit of rubbing noses with my boyfriend. It makes me feel all sweet and well, nice inside.

One part of my body which is horribly sensitive would be my sides. If anyone even reaches out to try and touch me, I will collapse giggling.

Once my bf tried to tickle me and I screamed so loud, neighbours were wondering if someone was getting raped. His hearing has never been the same since then.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a good topic. Let me see...

I love it when my boyfriend kisses my forehead. It's such a sweet and caring gesture. I just close my eyes and feel all warm. The back of my neck is really sensitive. Little kisses back there make me all tingly. The inside of my elbow (is there a real name for that?) is also another happy spot.

My boyfriend likes it when I rub the back of his head, playing with his hair. His ears and his neck are super sensitive. I love kissing his neck and his ears. He's also a big fan of back massages. So many happy spots.

------------------
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, what a lovely topic.

Well, let me think....My partner has this special way of giving me head massages that makes me melt. Clever fellow that he is, when he notices I get stressed or when I am nervous, he hugs me and massages my head in his own special way. *sigh*

My neck is really sensitive, too, and I love having it kissed. And back massages, and foot massages....I really like it when my lower back is massaged firmly. I actually think all kinds of holding and caressing make me happy.
And strangely enough, just as Lin and her guy, my partner and I, we also have this habit of rubbing our noses, too ( Lin, honey, isn't that scary?!) - sometimes, but not always as a *substitute* for PDA. Started that when I was sick one time....but we've kept that. And I love it.

I agree with Cookie here - so many happy spots! - And isn't it the best to look for happy spots? Or suddenly discover happy spots?

------------------
"I am capable of, but sometimes not interested in making myself happy."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great topic! There are so many 'happy' spots on the body. Personally I love being kissed on my neck and ears. It literally makes me melt. I get all shaky and relaxed. I also really love having my hair played with. Head massages are wonderful and so soothing.

The noses thing is so sweet! My ex and I kind of used to do that whereby we'd kiss and then back away looking in eachother's eyes. this topic makes me happy.

Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like it when a guy rubs my shoulders... I can feel how strong his hands are. And I love it when they work down to the small of my back with their hands.

------------------
~*~*Sourgirl*~*~

"I would like to get away from Earth awhile and then come back and begin all over."-Robert Frost, from the poem "Birches"

Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forehead massages, especially when I have a headache. Back massages. Foot massages. I have a partner who loves to just rub whatever bits of me happen to be handy. It's very nice.

And having my hair petted and having my back skritched. (another partner loves being skritched -- he wiggles like a kitten and squeaks "skritchies!")

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Touch my ears and I melt like butta

------------------
They say you are what you eat, I say eat as much as you want, spiritualy!

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My love gives very good massages. Fantastic massages. I want one right now. The way to my heart is through my shoulders, apparently.

And I really like having hands rubbed through my hair, now that I've had it all cut off. I never really cared for it before (tangles and such), but now I feel like a kitty cat.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NoUseForAUserName
Neophyte
Member # 2653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoUseForAUserName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha Me too BuffChick, me too. I LOVE when my boyfriend kisses me neck and me ears..rarrr..just great

------------------
I want you all tattooed. I want you bad. Complete me. Mis-treat me. I want you to be bad bad bad bad bad.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like rubbing noses too; I didn't think it was at all uncommon. In fact, as a child I used to call it "Eskimo kissing," though perhaps now I would have to call it the more PC "Inuit kissing" ?

Anyhow, I pretty much love having any part of me touched. I wish my boyfriend would focus more on "non-sexual" parts- I think I could melt by having just about any part of me adeptly caressed.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then TELL the boy, girl! That's really usually all you have to do.

I have yet to meet a good partner who when you say, "You know, if you'd do such-and-such, it'd make me utterly insane," didn't jump at the opportunity.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdxnate250
Neophyte
Member # 2771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdxnate250     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love it when a girl runs her fingers lightly across the backs of my ears....
Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my neck and shoulders are the most sensitive. i absolutely love to be kissed there. LAH! *floats around*

i also like being held generally...hands resting on my tummy. hehe...i like to know that he like it...kind of reminds me of the ee cummings poem...

"i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite a new thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you"

-justine

------------------
have i been wrong?
have i been wise?
to shut my eyes and play along?

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VeNT
Activist
Member # 852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VeNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TUMMMYS!!!!!!!!!!
i have a REALY big "thing" for tummys!!!!!
i like mine rubed slowly
or i like to rub my girlfrends!!!!!
she has REALY soft skin there so it feels realy nice!

Posts: 101 | From: truro cornwall england | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My waist...usally if someone has their arm around my waist its because they are really good friends with me or something...not just anybody gets to be that close to my but. I like it rubbed.

EDIT: I like my back rubbed, not by butt!

[This message has been edited by ~You*Know*Who~ (edited 03-12-2004).]

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I thought about this whole topic last night, and I realized that it actually doesn't matter which part of my body is caressed. If I feel at home in my skin and happy and safe, caressing of any part of me is greatly appreciated and can make me melt and even happier. Hm, good eh?

And Rizzo - Yup, we called it (let's be PC) "Inuit Kissing", too. I don't know whether the Inuit actually rub their noses, but the Maori in New Zealand welcome each other that way (it's called "hongi" and is actually more of a firm pressing of the noses).

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i like for my boyfriend to pet me like a kitty (caressing my neck, back, and the back of my ears). gets me purring everytime.

and we're both cat people (just don't tell my goldfish, Fluffy!)

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surferChicka
Activist
Member # 2232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surferChicka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oooohhh!!! ooohhh!!! i love it when my bf gently runs his hands up and down the sides of my body...without deviating from that track. i also love it when he kiSSes my neck and runs his fingers on my back.

i know he's an ear boy...

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

Posts: 117 | From: Honolulu, HI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have super long hair (down to my butt crack) and my b/f loves to play with it and i will just sit there and turn into a wet noodle when he plays with it. He has a thing for tummys.... he likes for me to just put my hands there or even just rub it a little. And ears, oh wee both love our ears. I like to be kissed right in the middle of my chest between my breasts. Its so fun to just cuddle and kiss with your partner and just let your hands roam all over each others bodies finding these little happy places.
Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Miz Scarlet, my boyfriend reads the boards more often than I do, so I think he got the point

And Exit: I love that e.e. cummings poem.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
e.e. cummings rules.

how could i forget? i have hair halfway down my butt, and i love when guys play with it. my current boyfriend likes my hair, but he doesn't play with it enough.

i had an ex who loved the feel of my hair gently brushing against his skin as i'd trail it down his chest, stomach and down his leg.

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SlowCookie! Me too...i like the inside of my elbow to be touched. I like my feet being touched and my nose being kissed (mostly because I'm really ticklish and this stuff makes me giggle).

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daniel
Activist
Member # 2870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ear... although, it's weird. The first few times that my girlfriend kissed my ear, it was lovely, incredibly erotic... but sinec I pointed out how lovely it is, she's really made an effort, and it no longer feels quite so good. I should tell hre what i think, it's not exactly an important aspect of the relationship, but still... it's hard to tell someone they're not doing the right thing!
Posts: 105 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm. I love it when my girlfriend plays with my hair. I got it all cut off a few months back and I love it. When ever we're snuggling, she's always rubbing my head. It's great.
Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ooh, yes, the back of my neck. i love when my boyfriend kisses there. i feel it at the base of my spine. also my sides - i'm so ticklish, but i love being gently touched there. and my stomach. and my hands. and my hair. and my neck. i love the neck thing. and basically the whole rest of my body. as long as i'm not being tickled, i just love being touched anywhere. i'm very sensitive.

my boyfriend is more specific. he loves the ear thing (much more than i do). he loves when i play with the hair on the back of his head. i do that sometimes when he's driving and i'm in the passenger seat. also his upper arms, and his stomach. except he can't stand if i touch his belly button. it's amusing. what a silly boy.

em

------------------
Love is a word that is constantly heard
Hate is a word that is not.
Love, I am told, is more precious than gold.
Love, I have read, is hot.
But hate is the verb that to me is superb,
And love but a drug on the mart.
Any kiddie in school can love like a fool,
But hating, my boy, is an art.
-Ogden Nash

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just reading this over, I don't think that anyone mentioned the simple act of holding hands with someone. Personally, I find that so much can be conveyed in the way someone holds your hand- it can say "we're flirting and having fun", it can say "we're really good friends" or it can even convey "I love you," I think. (Heh, that sounds pretty soppy doesn't it? )
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what little experience i've had with this, i'd have to say my feet, back, neck, hair, and hands. I really just like to be touched and stroked, feels very nice. And as i was saying earlier to some other friends, while i hate playing with other people's hair, i love it so much when people play with me. It feels really good to me.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
idied4beauty
Neophyte
Member # 6670

Icon 10 posted      Profile for idied4beauty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GOod spots.. um... kissing my neck and stomach.. blowing in the ear is nice too. and its nice when a guy puts his arm around my waist.
Posts: 14 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i like having my calves massaged. It just makes me relax and feel more lively. My dance class did it to each other once and i adored it. I hadn't realized how tense my legs get.

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm. Good times. I have plenty of body arts other than genitalia which are responsive to touch.
Holding hands is so incredible, that was part of my whole looking forward to relationship thing before my boyfriend and I got together.
My neck is really sensitive, as well as my feet, ears, neck, and chest (although, it's trickier there because it takes a really light touch). Depending on the person, though, almost any place a person touches me can be lovely.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlwaysWorried
Activist
Member # 8472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlwaysWorried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like to have my back stroked slowly, or my face and neck rubbed. My girlfriend likes the same places, but her sides and belly as well. Also, just hugging is nice, it doesn't have to lead anywhere and it's nice just to be close to her.
Posts: 125 | From: Leicestershire, England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i love it when my bf kisses my neck and moves down...anyways...he hasn't been doing it as often..i think i will ask him to. i also just love to be held. it feels so right when we are together that just being held is awesome and can turn me onand he is a definate ear guy. he loves to be kissed on the ears.

------------------
~*Scientists say that one out of 4 people are crazy. go to 3 of ur friends and if they are okay, you are it.*~

~*In faith i do not love thee with mine eyes
for they in thee a thousand errors note
but tis my heart which love what they dispise,
who in despite of view is pleased to dote,
Nor are mine ears by thine tounge's tune delighted,
Nor tender feeling base touches prone,
Nor taste nor smell desire to be invited,
To any sensual feast with thee alone.
But my five wits nor five senses can dissuade one foolish heart from serving thee,
Who leaves unswayed the likeness of a man,
Thy proud heart's slave and vassal wretch to be.
Only my plague thus far can i count my gain,
that he who makes me sin awards me pain.
~*William Shakespeare
Sonnet 141

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is a bit of an old post, but i was searching for sumthing and i came across it. i like it! so i wanted to answer it

okie... i love when people kiss my ear or suck on the lobe... omgoodness it drives me crazy. lol my exbf did it so much tho that i think i got a slight ear infection... lol oops...

i really like it when people kiss my fingers... like they show me how they hook up by using my fingers... i cant actually see what they're doing in any other way. lol it makes me really want a guy when he does that.

kissing my neck makes me happy to.

when guys play with my hair... as long as it doesnt get notty cause that just hurts lol.

body massages make me happy... but my neck and back are usually tense, so those are good places to massage. and i love when my tummy is rubbed lol i dunno its really relaxing.

i think my list is pretty long, but its cause i dont want to be sexually active... so i find a lot of other ways other than sex to make me happy.

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karmen
Neophyte
Member # 11107

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gah! I just started doing that whole "touch" thing with my boyfriend. I love for my ears to be kissed and touched.

And my neck. Oh my gah. Kissing down the neck is a biggy!

------------------
Then i noticed... It was bacon!

Posts: 23 | From: Alabama | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.