Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Pretty Darn fast!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pretty Darn fast!
Wakeboarder Chick
Neophyte
Member # 2780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wakeboarder Chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is kind of a goofy question but bear with me K?............
I was talking to one of my guy friends today and he told me guys ejaculate at 13 miles per hour! I find this hard to believe. Is it true or is this guy just totaly wrong?!

------------------
"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself!"

Posts: 23 | From: Northern California | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surferChicka
Activist
Member # 2232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surferChicka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LoL i think it's fuNNy.

probably not that true.

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

Posts: 117 | From: Honolulu, HI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~ DJ_JaDeD ~
Neophyte
Member # 2774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~ DJ_JaDeD ~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*grinning to myself as i type this*
haha! tat's farni...well, i dun tink it's true........!~ I mean...not at that rate aniwaez...=)

------------------
~*~ If i can't put days into your life..let mi out LIFE into your days..~*~
~~ Bitchified? So sue me...~~
.: I've been hurt once..dun hurt me again..coz i may seem strong..but inside, i'm fighting so hard~:.

Posts: 3 | From: A place where only i may roam... | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have had something like this just a little while ago, you can click on the website im going to give you. This time it was said that guys ejaculate at 27 mph!!

Click here: www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000563.html

ENJOY!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

[This message has been edited by glitter695 (edited 02-21-2001).]

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.....and I KNOW I came across yet another speed of ejaculation when I researched some sites for the repro-links....but now I can't find it anymore...Grrrrrrrr......

...let me search....

------------------
"I am capable of, but sometimes not interested in making myself happy."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that no matter what statistic comes up in regard to this -- and anyone who can provide DOCUMENTABLE stats on the matter is welcome to do so -- you still have to remember one thing:

People Vary. A Lot.

In my time, I have seen men who ejaculate quickly, slowly, a little at a time, in huge SPLOOT!s, in slow trickles, and everything in between.

So any statistic is, at best, a probability. Not a law of nature. Just a probability that, in some cases, MAY be true.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duck for cover ... !! Wouldn't wanna lose an eye
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Activist
Member # 484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sploot! is not in my dictionary but it is a very nice word
Posts: 364 | From: San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my head is still aching from my physics midterm. don't make me spit out those calculations again. i screwed them up the first time, anyway.

thisguy! care to use that engineering know-how to expound?

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say the best way to estimate is basic kinematics.

Assume an adult male ejaculates while standing. For simplicity, the fluid is expelled horizontally.

Now, the fluid - whether dropped or expelled - takes a set time to fall to the ground. (Neglecting aerodynamics)

z = 0.5 X g X t^2
where:
z = the distance fallen
g = the acceleration due to gravity at sea level. 9.81m/s^2, or around 32ft/s^2
t = the time taken to fall.

For a set time, the fluid will travel a set distance horizontally. This distance is linearly proportional to the initial velocity.
x = u X t
where:
x = the distance travelled horizontally.
u = the velocity component in the x direction.
t = time.

Now, if you solve both equations for t, and equate them, you have a relation between the distance fallen, the distance travelled, and the initial velocity.

2z/g = (x/u)^2

OR

z X x^-2 = 0.5 X g X u^-2

As a rough guess for the two distances, x = 1m, and z = 90cm.

4.905/0.90 = u^2
u is roughly 2.3m/s, or 8.3km/h, or 5.2mph.

I am utterly sad.

------------------
Sometimes I ask myself: "Self, what's life all about?"
But I never reply. I'm rude like that.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YAY ThisGuy!

What a studly display of geekliness. It made me grin from ear to ear, and believe me, this morning, that's saying something.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ThisGuy:

z = 0.5 X g X t^2
where:
z = the distance fallen
g = the acceleration due to gravity at sea level. 9.81m/s^2, or around 32ft/s^2
t = the time taken to fall.

For a set time, the fluid will travel a set distance horizontally. This distance is linearly proportional to the initial velocity.
x = u X t
where:
x = the distance travelled horizontally.
u = the velocity component in the x direction.
t = time.

Now, if you solve both equations for t, and equate them, you have a relation between the distance fallen, the distance travelled, and the initial velocity.

2z/g = (x/u)^2

OR

z X x^-2 = 0.5 X g X u^-2

As a rough guess for the two distances, x = 1m, and z = 90cm.

4.905/0.90 = u^2
u is roughly 2.3m/s, or 8.3km/h, or 5.2mph.

I am utterly sad.

What? I dont understand?? Sheesh, Im glad Im going to be done with math next year......HOLY SHMOLY!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I can't even do simple multiplication. Sigh.

ThisGuy, wana tutor me in Maths?

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinkletoze
Neophyte
Member # 2811

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twinkletoze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ThisGuy your posts always crack me up!!!
u way have a way of making your point hit home...albeit shrouded in a huge dose of your own peculiar brand of humour

here's another way of looking at it...correct me if i am wrong ok?
in terms of momentum...
a speed of 13mph is appr= 8 meters per sec
lets say that the vol of sperm ejaculated is appr= 5cm cubed
mass of this is approx = 5 grams
force exerted by this lets say in a womans vagina=change in momentum divided by time taken to do so
if time taken is approx=0.1 sec
now this is time for fluid to hit hte walls and bounce off and not necessarily the time taken for ejacultion to cease
force= (2 x 8 x .005 )/.1=0.8 N
which is equivalent to a mass off 80g
hmmmmmm
imagine that mass hitting u?
i dont think so.....at least i hoep not!!

[This message has been edited by twinkletoze (edited 02-22-2001).]

Posts: 29 | From: somehwere in the caribbean..arent u jealous?:) | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.