Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » question about PERIODS (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: question about PERIODS
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm...ladies...I have never asked any girl this but
what do periods feel like ?

antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
antonio dearie...what does having a penis feel like?

You answer my question, I answer yours.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on who you are and what your individual cycles are like.

But if you really want to know what they can feel like, try the following:

1) Rub a bloody steak around your genitals and then spend a day with a menstrual pad on your underpants. You must buy the menstrual pads at the store yourself -- no sending someone else out for them or borrowing one allowed. If possible, be sure to get in line with the pads with a big group of pubescent boys that giggle a lot.

2) Give yourself a good punch in the stomach a few times a day. Take an advil to make your stomach feel better.

3) Skip any caffeine for about a week.

4) Drink water until you feel like your body is a giant water balloon about to explode.

5) Go to the bathroom more often than usual, especially at very inconvenient times.

6) Eat too much chocolate for your own good.

7) Get a few extra zits somehow.

8) Ask your freinds to make a few condescending remarks to you now and then about how crabby you are, and that it must be because you've got your period.

9) Sit out from swimming class for a day.

Note: Don't try this at home. This is merealy a stunt intended to paint a not-so-pretty picture.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10.) Buy Night Pads (the largest ones you can find). If you can't get hold of Night Pads, use the biggest baby diapers you can find to re-create the effect.
Wear them with really uncomfy undies, and don't forget to moist them with warm water before going to bed. Sleep on a towel (blood on mattresses isn't really good, you know?) that keeps getting crinkly under your bum.

Set your alarm clock at 3am (time to change the pad!) and spray some diluted tomato juice on the bathroom floor (your pad has been leaking all over the floor), that you clean up straight afterwards.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
11) Realize that your period is really heavy and you'd like to give menstrual cups a try. Buy them ... and then proceed a few hrs later to spill the damn cup all over yourself. Did i mention that you're at work?

12) Also, realize due to your period and the fact you've been wearing a pad for eons, you have a yeast infection. Go to the drugstore and explain to the pharmacist that you have a yeast infection, due to your period. You use the cream filled applicators and go to bed. You have a squishy bum for a reason ... It's not supposed to feel good.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
13.) Either take way too many laxatives or a little overdose of Immodium.....Having your period can screw up your bowels.
Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, for many years my periods were totally uneventful. *bam* I would bleed, *bam* I'd stop. No big deal. No cramps, no nothin', no PMS, no backache, nothing to write home about.

As I've gotten older, things have changed. Not for the better, I am sorry to say. But it's my body, and that's what it's doing. Cramps, yeast and bladder infections, the need to take medication to regulate my periods, blah blah blah. And so it goes.

How does it feel? Pretty damned annoying sometimes. But you learn to deal with it, to take it in stride. If menstruating teaches women anything, it's how to be flexible and how to acknowledge the fact that your body just isn't always going to behave the way you want it to behave.

I think that's an excellent thing to know, and an excellent way to approach life. I wanted to say that because I don't want people to get the impression that periods are uniformly awful and we'd all be happier, better people if we didn't have them -- because I really don't think that's true. Yeah, sometimes getting your period just isn't much fun. But that's okay. Having things be survivable but not much fun can be a really excellent teacher, and the process of dealing with those things *can* make you a more flexible, thoughtful, roll-with-the-punches kind of person.

... but at the same time, I have to add #14 to the list...

14. Have male doctors tell you it's "all in your head," or "it isn't really that bad" when you've gone into the doctor with menstrual-related pain or complaints. Honest, Doc, I wouldn't be in here if it wasn't really that bad, because subjecting myself to *your* attitude is almost as bad as dealing with this. (fortunately, this kind of stuff is getting better and fewer doctors have these kinds of dismissive attitudes, but sometimes you still run into one like this and sometimes, ya know, you wanna kick 'em in the face.)

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
15) Get some red paint, and paint the butt of your jeans. Sit down. Get up, and notice how you've gotten red crp all over your seat.
Now, get a pass to go to the bathroom from your science teacher. But, you must do this while pulling your shirt over your butt to cover up the stain. Keep your bookbag over your butt for the reast of the day.

16)But some non-applicator tampons. Shove it where something should not be shoved. Attempt to tae it out later, and realize that the string has vanished. Try to find it!

Feel good?

(Hanne beat me)
------------------
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure!! With protection, of course.

[This message has been edited by pink (edited 02-09-2001).]

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyAngel84
Activist
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyAngel84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
16) punch yourself a few more times, or try running your stomach into the corner of a table or somthing, that will possibly give you an even better effect.

17) when your girlfriend (or b/f?) is really horny and has something really special and romantic planned for the 2 of you, and after the dinner when shes/he's all ready to dig in for some good ol' "dessert" break the news to her/him that you're going through your monthly week from hell and that you can't do anything with him/her but that you appreciate the thought....talk about spoiling the mood!!! that one is really tough!!

------------------
* No man/woman is worth your tears and the
only one who is, will never make you cry.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
If you love someone, put their name in a
circle, instead of a heart, because hearts can break,
but circles go on forever.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen
to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't
say.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If all my friends were to jump off a
bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the
bottom to catch them.*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 161 | From: Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and constantly check your arse to make sure you haven't bled thru.

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
18) If there's a small problem besure to turn it into a big ordeal and cry your eyes.

19) Buy a pair of jeans 3 sizes to small. Wear them for a week once a month.

20) Ever class period and between classes, take your purse and head to the restroom making sure you won't sport a leak.

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~

"No one can stop you from who you love and the one love is who you love."

"Never frown because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile."

Watch out! I'm a awful speller. *hehe*

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note: Having a period doesn't mean that you cannot engage in any kind of sexual activity. Some people simply choose not to.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Know I'm really curious about what it's like to have a penis. Would any of you guys mind sharing? Because us ladies didn't.

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~

"Never frown because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile."

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
21) Sit for extended lengths of time, stand up quickly and enjoy the novel feeling of Niagra Falls rushing out of a very smally opening all at once.

22) Wonder whether or not your pad can hold the event mentioned in #21...quickly make your way to the bathroom as the blood begins to run down your leg.

23) Shower obsessively to make sure that you don't really smell like a dead fish.

24) Catch a cold. Enjoy the previously mentioned "Niagra Falls Effect" not only when you stand up, but also with each and every sneeze!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just really freaky weird to me, even after 6+ years of menstruating, to feel stuff seeping out from between my legs. Ugh.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and i've got so much more!!

25) Play hide and seek w/ your period! Get up one morning and think it's gone ... Celebrate. Decide it's not really there, so you can wear a "light" tampon. Since your period isn't 'really' there, don't wear any undies or a pad, b/c it's alright, you're not gonna leak anyway. You get a squishy feeling ... You go to the potty and realize your tampon is full after only ONE hour. Proceed to cry and make a fuss about your bad luck ...

26) Get ready for bed ... and wonder why you've got dark red jello type strings on your pad. Look ... It's a clot!! Those suckers get big too. Another good feeling is when you stand up and one falls out. Ever had jelly in your panties? Ya do now

27) You get really "crampy" and take Midol. Mixing up Midol w/ Pamprin, you realize that it's the Midol that makes you squirrally. Proceed to make passes at your bf, even though you know sex is out of the question when you're "leaking". Oh ... and then get mad at him when he gets turned on. Boys can be soooooo insensitive!!

(Yes ... this was my day. All of this is 100% true and happened to me today!! I love being a girl. Could ya tell?)

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyAngel84
Activist
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyAngel84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh and antonio......just remember......us ladies are using absolutly NO EXAGERATION in this forum, i'm quite shocked as to how it's being described, i've always had trouble explaining it to other guys but this post describes a period to the 'T' !!!!! It would be absolutly wonderful if ALL guys could just go through about the 1st 3 days of what us women experience with our periods, then you guys would NEVER EVER complain about how we get crabby, you'd realize we have a darn good reason to be in the mood that we're in!!!!!

------------------
* No man/woman is worth your tears and the
only one who is, will never make you cry.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
If you love someone, put their name in a
circle, instead of a heart, because hearts can break,
but circles go on forever.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen
to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't
say.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If all my friends were to jump off a
bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the
bottom to catch them.*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 161 | From: Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I completely agree with you BabyAngel! I think guys should be required to go through this at least twice a year, just to keep them humble. Once in the summer, and once in the winter...and (since I used to go to Christian school where some men decided to force us to wear long skirts and pantyhose no matter how hot or cold it was) they should be required to wear skirts and hose at the time. There's just nothing quite like having that ice cold air rush up your dress, or feeling your butt sweat while it's all wrapped up like a stuffed sausage...and it gets even better when you're bleeding at the time! I'm just all about them having to go through this just a couple of times so they'd know why we complain.

But they shouldn't have it all the time, cause that would make them highly annoying to us.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

28) Waking up in the middle of the night because you started your period and there is a big 'ol mess to clean up leaving you awake for a good 2 or more hours

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
2001 Homecoming Princess

Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And having any complaint you make being put off as 'hormonal'. Just because I'm bleeding doesn't mean I don't know when someone's being a jerk and needs to be told where to go.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
29. Realize that you don't have any thin pads left, so you have to wear a 5 inch think one on your way to the store.

30. Since your mam isn't home to take you to the store, tell your dad that he has to take you out so you can get some....stuff.

31. On your way into the store, you continuously check your butt to make sure that your HUGE pad isn's showing.

32. While going up to the register, realize that the cutest guy in school is the only one at the register. Smile and try not to die as he calls for a price check on your purchases.

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!) Luvs to Jeremy!

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 05-20-2002).]

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

33. Have such bad cramps now and then that every time you take some advil, you throw them right back up, and so find yourself totally unable to sleep or even lie down at (let's see...) 2:39 in the morning.

Groan.

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
34. Having pimples attack your face left, right and center and having to put so much pimple cream your face feels dehydrated. And of course, feeling like the local freak show is in town.
Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheelanagig
Neophyte
Member # 2693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheelanagig     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Extra Credit Menstrual Simulation Experience:

A) If you're sexually active and don't want to be pregnant, worry yourself into a cold sweat antyime your period is more than 2 minutes late -- even if you've used birth control and/or condoms consistantly.

B) Get one of your male friends to pretend he's your partner, who also doesn't want you to be pregnant. Tell him your period is late. Listen to him freak out and tell you it's all YOUR fault if you're pregnant, that you've ruined HIS life, and that basically this is your problem -- you go deal with it. If he threatens to or actually hits you, that's pretty common too.

(note: Alternative scenario would be a supportive parnter, but this is always a good educational one for men to try on for size)

C) Buy home pregnancy tests. Use one every morning until:
1) your period finally shows up,
2) you get a positive pregnancy test
3) you realize you've really and truly
skipped this month's period for some
strange reason unrelated to pregnancy,
and wonder if you're going through one
of those "horomonal shift" times in your
life when your period decides to do
pretty much exactly what it wants to.

D) If you're pregnant, go through often-torturous mental process regarding available options for dealing with unplanned pregnancy.

This is all part of "What Periods Feel Like", dude -- they're a big deal to us, especially if we decide to have partnered sex with y'all.

Posts: 8 | From: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VeNT
Activist
Member # 852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VeNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CallMeBuffChick:
Know I'm really curious about what it's like to have a penis. Would any of you guys mind sharing? Because us ladies didn't.

ok heres a go!

1) ware tight jeans so that every time you sit down you are in ecutiating pain from being cut in half

2) put a cooked sasage in your pants that grows at random intervals during the day and any time that it's REALY inconvenant <sp>

3) get some meat balls to go with the sassage and stick them together and glue them to your inner leg and walk about <feel nice? no? well then!>

4) if you are in bed with your girlfrend/boyfriend get them to kick you VERY HARD in the stomack <sp> and kidnys
now you know what its like to be kneed down their "accidentaly".

i know its not as bad as a period but you only have them once a month <I am not being patronising sorry if it seems that way> we have to cope with our penieses <sp again?> 27/7 and it CAN be rather painfull!
~VeNT

Posts: 101 | From: truro cornwall england | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
35. realize that bleeding for 12 days out of the month is probably bad. go to the doctor, who will say "oh my god, that's terrible!" and promptly medicate you.

36. take those birth control pills that you have to take so you don't become any more anemic than you already are. gain weight. have your mother say "i don't know if you should take those, honey. are you having sex?" try to explain the menstrual system to your partner so he understands that you didn't go on the pill so he could have sex with you.

37. realize that despite all your efforts, you still bleed for eleven days a month.

em

------------------
Love is a word that is constantly heard
Hate is a word that is not.
Love, I am told, is more precious than gold.
Love, I have read, is hot.
But hate is the verb that to me is superb,
And love but a drug on the mart.
Any kiddie in school can love like a fool,
But hating, my boy, is an art.
-Ogden Nash

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

38.) How to experience feeling of cramps as referred to in #33: Purchase large toilet brush. Insert into body cavity by way of small lower opening. Periodically twist around and occasionally remove for a few moments before replacing. Cry whenever necessary.
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antonio99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OH man.. HOW COME I didn't post here last time ? I"m so sorry.. I missed out the fun ladies ! Gosh... alot of you are very very and I mean very DESCRIPTIVE ! I mean.. FUNNY TOO !... hahaha.. talking about all those numbers from 1-50 when I asked how does a PERIOD FEELS LIKE? Ok, ladies you got me. Thanks for letting me know how a period feels.

and I know the sad thing is guys don't have periods. And if you ladies are thinking guys should HAVE it, ok.. you win.

Just a thought though. Can guys like me do anything to help or would you rather keep those periods to yourself ?

And second of all...
LIN... DiD I forget to answer your question ?

what does a penis feel like ?

ok let's continue from vent:

#5.) have an air pump in one hand and a balloon attached to it in your pants. When a sexual thought comes to mind ( which most guys think of ).
Pump the air to the balloon.

Now it gets bigger and bigger and how the hell are you going to hide it ?

now try wearing an underwear... when an erection comes up... it gets tighter and tighter.. and so you have to move around a lot.

#6.) When using the bathroom, you're going to have to aim your penis to the toilet bowl ( just imagine using a uhh... big squirting gun ) when that is done and while you're about to pee, imagine peeing in TWO DIRECTIONS. ONe goes northward and the other goes southward wetting your hands and your shoes. And you least expected this. Embarrassing.. yeah.. it's clean up time.

#7.) Lay down in bed... but lay your head facing the bed where your front body is on top of the bed and your back facing the ceiling.

As the blood circulates your penis... a wet dream occurs ? ! You wake up.. and say... " Aww man... I gotta change my underwear." And that's gonna take another 30 minutes to finish.

antonio99

Posts: 208 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheelanagig
Neophyte
Member # 2693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheelanagig     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right on, antonio99 and veNt! Thanks for the info-swap!

As for what a guy can do to help, my BF gives me GREAT lower-back massages when I have bad cramps -- that really helps, and it's pretty easy to learn how to do them. He also reminds me not to drink things with cafeeine in them (coffee, tea, cola) because that makes cramps worse for me.

Plus he's cool with running out to the corner store to pick me up some tampons if I've run out... I appreciate that in a guy. He even knows which ones I like!

In general, though, he is just comfortable with me talking about my period, so I in turn feel comfortable telling him about it -- and how it might be affecting my moods, which of course affects him! Being able to just be Real about it (after all, it's just a normal body function) is a way to be "helpful"... I've had boyfriends who were totally grossed out over periods, and that made me uncomfortable. Having your period isn't "dirty" or shameful -- it's normal, and all healthy women do it.

You're right, though, that some women would rather keep it private. If you have a friend or girlfriend or other woman in your life who doesn't want you all up in her menstrual business, respecting that is also a good thing -- though I'd make sure she knows you don't think periods are gross, and that she CAN talk with you/ask for help if she wants.

Sounds like you have a good attitude already, if you're willing to ask open questions about it here. Hats off to antonio99, Menstrual Guy-Ally!

Posts: 8 | From: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antonio99
Activist
Member # 2464

thank you thank you thank you.

Antonio99 bows.

well shenalinga and to the rest of you women, I don't think periods are gross. As a matter of fact, I think if I have female friends of mine who needed help, I wouldn't mind helping out. Well, it's their business, so it'll be nearly impossible to talk about it with them coz I'm not their hubbies.

anyways... did some of you women get the idea about

what having a penis feels like ?

It's more than easy carrying around the equipment. Really, it is. HOwever, I don't know if more guys should really add in their thoughts coz only two guys did ( me and vent )and almost 30-40 women responded about what a period feels like ( woo.. now that's quite a response )

Some more ideas on the male's penis:

#8) Go get a bannana. Peel off the skin. Glue it to yourself and don't take a shower for days. Now see what happens to the bannana, all spoiled up. So guys have to keep themselves clean too. Or else, we'll smell.

#9) get an auto-inflated-balloon penis that pumps up like an erect penis every 5-10 minutes. YOu'll see how it feels like getting aroused all the time when guys can't help control their testerones. Annoying ? ... you bet. It's hard to keep our minds off those things. And the fact that you have to hide it too unless you're wearing tight underwears.

#10) last of all... get a stiffy. Something that's long and erect and you can't inflate out the air. Now carry it around in your pants... and imagine yourself going for a leak. You already have an erected penis but while you're rushing off to the bathroom, you have to pee. So while your penis is erect, you have to unzip your pants and try to pull the thing out.
Difficult ? oh yeah... it's like yanking out a metal pipe stuck with glue. However, it'll be easier pulling down our pants and then underwear and taking a leak. Men would do that in private. DUH !

Do you want more ideas on what having a penis feels like ?

antonio99
P.s. I hope this helps !

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an awesome forum i just stumbled on, and i just wanted to add, while periods can be a real pain, i'm still glad i get them. (any day now) Seriously, i know my body a lot better now.

As one of the KITH said, "it might help you organize your time...every month i choose to or not to have a child...oh rents due!"

But seriously, with all the pain and such it's still comforting to know i have it.

39) Punch yourself in the chest a bunch of times until you bruise. Because that's what it feels like i have on my breasts, a whole lot of huge bruises.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
40. Then when you think you've escaped the demon of periods, having missed it for numerous months for reasons other than pregnancy, you realize that the side effects of this absence may in fact be very damaging to your health, and you actually find yourself wishing and hoping for the dreadful bugger to return.

The saying, "can't live with them, can't live without them" comes to mind.

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

[This message has been edited by killer_raincoat (edited 05-21-2002).]

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 13 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh the worst thing happens to me when I'm on the rag!

one time, I thought my period was done, and over with, so I took off my pad, and went on the day without having a drop of blood but then BAM it came and ruined a perfectly good pair of undies!

Also, another thing that happens, I only wear tampons now and my period is always really really heavy flow at the beginning and i was wearing a super tampon and before an hour i was LEAKING!! all in my underwear, and all over my sweat pants that i was wearing!! and the thing is i was at school! so i had to trek all the way home throw my undies and pants into the washing machine, grab another tampon, new pants and new underwear.
and in the end i was late for class, and paranoid for the rest of the day scared whether i was going to leak again, so I ended up going to the bathroom ever class, and in between every class~`

that was a horrible day.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I literally spit water out my nose when reading this forum! Too funny.

Way back when, before I was on the pill, I would have such bad menstrual pain that i'd 1.) pass out or 2.) barf. My two best friends in high school were men, and they would always cringe when I told them what it felt like!

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
41. Realize that you, the only female living in the house, are out of pads to sleep in.
Now you must wear a tampon to bed and since the limit is 8 hours, that means (especially during the summer) you get to wake up up early in the morning to change it. Aren't you lucky.

42. Constantly worry about your risk of getting TSS, a sometimes fatal diease. Yeah.
Despite all of this, I'm proud to be a woman and like Erin said, for some odd reason it's comforting to know that I'm on the rag. It makes me feel right at home.

------------------
God Bless Texas

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
-- Winnie The Pooh

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.