Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Man boobs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Man boobs
reigh
Activist
Member # 2639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok this is a little embarasing fof me to ask but I need to find somthing that works. I am inpretty average shape. I am 19 with about 19.7% body fat. I can't seem to do anything to reduce my own chest size though. I 've tried it all massive pushups in every odd position you can think of. Bench press, Incline, lat pulls. Nothing seems to work. I mean it's uncomfortable too. I have a flat stomach that only emphasiszes it more. That part of my body seems to burn fat on it's own. It's wierd too cause I feel like I'm not normal. I can't exercise to much before they rub on my clothing and like perk up even more. I found this even turns me on is this normal either. I don't know if many guy expirience this problem I did a search and couldn't find anything. Don't riducule me pls if you see this message I just want to know what I can do.
Posts: 52 | From: Kennewick, wa, usa | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, you can ask just about anything comfortably here, 'cause if somebody made fun of you, Miz Scarlet or Hanne or bettie would stomp 'em out.

As for your question: It is pretty normal for *everyone* to have some adipose tissue in their breasts, men and women. Chances are, too, that you're the only one who really notices it. I don't know that there are any exercises that you can do to target that area of your body, I'll let someone else tackle that.

What I really wanted to touch on here is that it is PERFECTLY OKAY if you get a little turned on when your nipples rub against your clothing. They're very sensitive, just as girls' nipples are, and any time you stimulate something like that you're bound to feel a little aroused.

It's normal. Totally. ;]

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reigh
Activist
Member # 2639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok I'm gald to know arousle is normal. I do think people notice though. While I don't know hpw breast size works I'm sur I have breast as big as some girls it's just I have wider shoulders to hide it a litte with my shirt on. THe preoblem really comes int e locker rooms or swimming pools when guys try to grab them or just plain stare. I still would like some adive on exercise if anyone got some. Also it's good to know that ridicle isn't going to be tolerated.
Posts: 52 | From: Kennewick, wa, usa | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Reigh,

I did a quick check at WebMD on the issue for you.

quote:
"In boys going through puberty, slightly enlarged breasts are no cause for alarm at all. It's just part of normal development and almost always goes away after a year or two. "

No need to worry, hon.
They have a full article on it, so check out "When Guys Get Busty" .

TeenHealth also has an article on the Issue:"I'm a boy,so how come I am developing breasts?"

Hope that could help.
Alaska

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 02-08-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think sensitive nipples are a great thing -- what's so wrong with having more parts of your body that can give you pleasurable sensations?

Like everyone's been saying, some enlargement of the breasts in men isn't uncommon at all, particularly with younger guys. Sometimes it gets extreme, a condition called gynomastia or gynecomastia, but that's pretty rare. If the size increases dramatically or if you have pain, do go see a doctor, but otherwise, I wouldn't fret.

One thing to keep in mind is that they probably *look* bigger because the rest of your torso is quite lean and muscular, so anywhere that you do have fat deposits on your torso is going to look more pronounced by comparison. If you were a chunkier guy, you might not even notice!

For what it's worth -- my life partner has man boobs, too. They're small and very nice to touch, I think. I like them. They're definitely not going to gross anyone out.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reigh
Activist
Member # 2639

oh well I'm glad to hear what everyone is saying is pretty positve. I'm not that young though and I've had this problem for a while it's just don't seem to get answers from anyone I talk to personaly. they always say 'hey too much information and act all grossed out." I'm alittle concerned about what you said about pain. When I wake up they offen feel bruised kinda like a throbing but it covers the whole upper region and just centers around there. I don't want to get all pareniod though. It's probably nothing. Maybe I;m just sleeping wrong. thanks for the help though. Somtimes people can be real introverts in person so getting answers here is helpful.

------------------
I find a Want.
I want a Need.
I need a Deeper love.

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reigh, if it really worries you, and if there is pain involved, I think it would be good to have a doc check that out. - Just to be sure it really is nothing. Pain is never good.

Take care,
Alaska

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it akes you feel better, my bf has bigger breasts than me. And I always ask him to touch himself.

He works out alot and exercises his chest muscles alot which probably explains it.

Alaska is right. Pain is never good. If there is soreness, pain or lumps (men can get breast cancer too, if I'm not wrong), consult a doctor asap.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I remember that bruised feeling. I had nipples with a little bit of hard puffiness beneath them, and extreme, nasty sensitivity to any contact for about a year (not a turn-on, just painful). That preceded my developing actual larger, softer breasts, that don't hurt all the time (seemed so nice that they didn't hurt . . .but I wish I didn't need a bra). Most guys I've talked to experienced similiar during puberty -- only without developing actual breasts. They got pain, puffiness, and then . . . nothing. And they were all freaked out at first because they thought they were growing boobs.

BTW, at nineteen, most girls are done any noticeable parts of puberty, but not all guys are.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ssteve
Neophyte
Member # 2717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ssteve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't feel like you're alone, I have had boobs all my life. I started developing when I was about 9 or 10. I'm what most girls would call an A cup. It is sometimes difficult at swimming pools and such but I have gotten used to it. I have a questions though, I have sometimes thought about getting a bra for when I work out. Is that weird?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ssteve, a bra seems like it would attract more attention than it's worth, so why not a fairly stretchy, tight, tank top? The sort meant for exercise. It could be covered by a t-shirt without looking too strange, and enough men wear them.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
india
Activist
Member # 2550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for india     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in india there are a big number of guys who got boob we call them SALA HIJHRA. they wear saris u can watch them in movies.. they are good comedian its very difficult fo tem to earn livin u know cos they r kickd out from evereher. . its bad feel sorry for thm tho... u guys can send money for them to charities here is one www.hindu.org i like thes one...wht happn is cos they get no work or school anywhere.... then they bcom very poor and go proteteute... its sad... sorry guys my english is bad. i am learnin ...
Posts: 77 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.